Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice keep on going

Comment

Man what a joy to read about you guys treasure hunts! Been quietly reading and dreaming along on this thread. We really appreciate you guys sharing these priceless finds and the details about it all. Please keep it up!

Comment

Awesome display of lithic material. Really makes you wonder about paleo commerce and what distance some of the material traveled.

Comment

So awesome! Please keep it coming. I'd kill to shoot an animal with one of those. Bet the maker would get a kick out of it too

Comment

Awesome stuff Steve. Keep em coming

Comment

BTW do you still think it will take a year or so to complete the excavation?

Comment

This is the best thread I've ever read on the GS, keep it coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                  BTW do you still think it will take a year or so to complete the excavation?
                  Actually it looks like it will take longer. There is another part of the camo that we didnt think woulkd be worth digging because it was further from the creek. After finding the well I went out ther and dug a sample hole since it was not far. Guess what???? I dug down 5ft and the stuff was getting better and better. Will have to clear timber off that part though so we may cut it and move to another site next year while the roots rot out a little.

Comment

you need to open up a artifact museum with all these finds!

Comment

What sort of machinery are you using to shift the material. Seems like lots of care is needed not to damage any points.

Comment

Pretty sure he mentioned an old peanut sifter- he has it rigged up with some screen boxes and a small tractor to supply PTO. Pics of setup are above or back a couple pages

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                          Pretty sure he mentioned an old peanut sifter- he has it rigged up with some screen boxes and a small tractor to supply PTO. Pics of setup are above or back a couple pages
                          Yep, the sifter never breaks anything. Even pottery.

Comment

As a lot of people have stated, this thread is truly epic. We are getting a front row seat to something that 99% of us will never get to experience. I want to thank you for taking the time to share the pictures and your knowledge. I've read this thread since the beginning and I'll read it til the end. I just wish I was educated enough to join in on the conversation. The site dig pics really help with the whole deal. This would be a better reality show than a lot of stuff that is on TV right now. I live on the coast and have always wondered about the Indians who battled the Mosquitos, deer flies, snakes and gators long before me. Thank you for giving us a glimpse in to something that is simply mind numbing. I hope you understand that plenty of people are enjoying all of this. Thanks again for letting us tag along.

Comment

Thanks Jbird. I really thought folks were loosing interest a while back but I was overwhelmingly convinced I was wrong. Im glad yall are enjoying this. Its a pain to come in tired and post pics but it is worth it. This thread is almost like keeping a journal. I read back through it a few days ago and was amazed what I had already forgotten!

Comment

Favorite thread , thank you for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X