$8.00 Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$8.00 Smoker

I killed a Deer Tues and wanted to make jerky. I looked around and found a hot box from a Resturant that did not work.

So I took a little BBQ pit and drilled a 3" hole in it for a Dryer hoae to fit in.

Then drilled a 3" hole in the Hotb Box for the smoke tube to come thru.

In action

All I have left to do is build the racks tomorrow and I am ready. Total investment is $8.00

Nice

Comment

I have a meat hunt I am going on and can take 4 deer. If I get them all I plan on making jerky out of almost all of it. This would be perfect!

Comment

Now thats using your noggin

Comment

So far it has worked weell on a dry test run. Holds 160 degrees steady.

Comment

had a buddy that had a setup similiar to that. worked great, but sometimes he used way too much smoke and it tasted like you were eating ash. dry heat and a little bit of smoke is all you need.

Comment

Use the kingsford lump charcoal. Will burn clean and not over do the smoke

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                had a buddy that had a setup similiar to that. worked great, but sometimes he used way too much smoke and it tasted like you were eating ash. dry heat and a little bit of smoke is all you need.
                This^^ is going to be your problem. If it were me I would have a heat source inside of the meat chamber, and a small fire to pipe a little smoke to your meat.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

that is awesome. might want a bigger firebox for that size smoker though. there is some secret ratio between the sizes that gives the best performance.

Comment

Sound cool, how far is your fire box from the smoke box?

Comment

Looks good! Good work.

Comment

what temp? do you have it at?

Comment

i tried a bunch of meat on the smoker about 150 degrees over night and it was way too smokey,so now i use a dehydrator

Comment

Cool deal !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X