Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like its going to be nice when your done

Comment

It looks good and sturdy. It looks like you are using glue (you want glue to strengthen and cut down the squeaks) liquid nail can be your best friend. What will you use for the rafters, straight or curved cut? Also, did you install any insulation and vapor barrier under the floor?

Comment

Originally posted by DC-Monster70 View Post
        It looks good and sturdy. It looks like you are using glue (you want glue to strengthen and cut down the squeaks) liquid nail can be your best friend. What will you use for the rafters, straight or curved cut? Also, did you install any insulation and vapor barrier under the floor?
        Gone through several tubes of Liquid nail. I will use straight cut on the roof, I have a 1/12 pitch from front to back on the roof. No insulation on the floor, under the deck I used asphalt tar to protect from rotting. I may use carpet with the foam padding if it is too cold, and I will be using foam board insulation on the walls. It is only 12' long, so I think heating and cooling will not be a problem. Going to put in a window unit A/C in the back.

Comment

if you use a window unit, put it by the door, under the over hang, then you can put the propane bottle under that.Once you skin the roof with wood, treat it, then put a rubber roof on it...get that at an RV place. It's looking good!

Comment

"Asphalt tar" Good idea!
            I'm looking forward to seeing more progress. Great job!!!

Comment

Did you consider extending the roof to the end of the trailer for a mini porch? be a nice place to store stuff semi out of the weather etc.
              Awesome job thus far...

Comment

Lookin good.

Comment

Awesome job Scott, I'm Impressed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                    Did you consider extending the roof to the end of the trailer for a mini porch? be a nice place to store stuff semi out of the weather etc.
                    Awesome job thus far...
                    thought real serious about it, but I figured it may catch too much wind pulling it down the road or on a windy day. I may fix a bracket and use a tarp for an extended porch...

Comment

Originally posted by heartshot View Post
                      Awesome job Scott, I'm Impressed!!
                      Thanks, just hope I can use it in October...

Comment

Looks great. Can't wait to see finished product.

Comment

Go on and extend the roof. You will be glad you did. Especially if it is raining, sleeting , snowing you can pull your boots off and stay dry. Plus, you could take a shower there in a snap. I don't think the wind drag will be a problem.

Comment

Right on, aint nobody can build it as good as you anyway.

Comment

Showing some true skills and talent in that rebuild.

Comment

Wind drag shouldn't be an issue if you used\welded 2 - 2" corner post on the very back... you could even park an ATV back there and tote it with you and lock it on the porch when you leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X