• Time
  • Show
Clear All

great ideas there

Comment

Thank you for this one. I will be building one of these next week

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
        That top part sure is stout. Ever considered using plate and cutting your stem at an angle to weld directly to the plate? Might make it lighter
        The larger 2 7/8s stem is cut at the angle. As it sits it is somewhat portable. And as tight of a fit as the legs are I don't see much strength gained from welding the legs directly to the top.

If you are talking about dumping the angle iron, I buy it as dropped scraps and it comes way cheaper than I could get a piece of comparable plate. I like have the secondary weld point where the leg sleeve hits the bottom of the angle too.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
          only suggestion I have is get rid of the cheap winch, The handle WILL slip out of your hand one day and then its rodeo. I am re-winching mine right now with Brake Winches. They are about $60 but I promise when you turn loose of that handle once that $60 is cheap.
          With the double pulley the amount of weight sitting in the winch handle is light enough we haven't had issues in two years. Not saying it won't happen one day.

Instead of pulling money into a brake winch I'd mount a receiver so I can use our electric winch but I am having some issues with logistics of keeping the crank winch that allows for the electric winch to be used.

Comment

well done!

Comment

nice im in the process of making one of these

Comment

that is nice

Comment

Nice job

Comment

great job! looking at doing something like this as well now

Comment

I have the brake winches on my hanging tripod feeders. I wouldn't use the boat winches. That makes for a possible dangerous situation with 300lb + of barrell and corn.

I use a 18V electric drill sometimes to raise and lower the barrell. Makes it "nice" not to spend 20 minutes cranking each feeder down and back up when I have to fill all the feeders...

Great job on the feeder!

Comment

Found my next project! Thanks alot!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X