Another bug ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another bug ID

Anybody tell me what this little bug is called? Pretty sure it won’t be the same thing I call them!!!
    These little suckers wiped out one of my watermelon plants the first time. This time, I seven dusted them right after they sprouted.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	816E3928-0788-4062-9BB9-149D16F5BAFE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	25248195

Cucumber Beetle

Comment

There is one similar to that, that is a Asian beetle of some kind that got brought over here and is causing all types of problems. I think it's the US Agriculture department is trying to figure out how to get rid of them. The one I am talking about, I have been told is about that color with black spots, but looks like a lady bug. I think the bug you got there, has too long of a body.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
        Cucumber Beetle
        I believe that’s it or part of that family. I googled it and a pic of it came up.
        Thanks. I’ve battled them for years, but only on my melon plants. Always wondered what they were called.

Comment

It's a duefrecklehexawinger.

Comment

Looks like a booger to me. Lol. Careful with the seven dust, because it will also harm the bugs that help with pollination.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              Looks like a booger to me. Lol. Careful with the seven dust, because it will also harm the bugs that help with pollination.
              Only use it till the plant starts to leaf out good. It’s that first couple of weeks of growth when they “attack”!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
                Cucumber Beetle
                Yes.

Good luck Squiggy.

Comment

Working...
                X