No announcement yet.

CDL Blood Alcohol Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I’ll be one of the “jack wagon’s” to throw my response out there. And I could less what y’all opinions are but I’m sitting here taking care of my wife that was hit head on by a drunk driver. She can’t even walk cause of some **** thought he could drink & think he could drive. I don’t know the answer & could care less. If you drink & drive you should go to jail, regardless of what you blow. Some folks would probably feel different if a drunk driver killed their loved one or put them in a position where they need 24hr care. Maybe a little harsh like said before but having first hand experience in the last 2 weeks, drinking & driving is an open wound right now for me.

So for now my rants over......
    Y’all can carry on to defend just having one beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      As far as I can find it’s still .04. Even though I don’t drive commercially anymore, I still maintain my CDL. You never know when you might need it again.
      If I have more than one drink when we go out, I let momma drive.

That’s all I can find as well. I’m far past having to haul my goods to market but I maintain my license for the few times per year I need my dual tandem trailer.

I spent most of my adult life thinking that license held me to .04 no matter if I was in a tractor trailer or the wife’s grocery getter, best I can tell now I was wrong about that.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Where is this cited from?
        TxDOT

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just spent way too much time on google. Attorney sites have it saying both ways , dps site makes it sounds .04 in a cmv only.

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
            Well I’ll be one of the “jack wagon’s” to throw my response out there. And I could less what y’all opinions are but I’m sitting here taking care of my wife that was hit head on by a drunk driver. She can’t even walk cause of some **** thought he could drink & think he could drive. I don’t know the answer & could care less. If you drink & drive you should go to jail, regardless of what you blow. Some folks would probably feel different if a drunk driver killed their loved one or put them in a position where they need 24hr care. Maybe a little harsh like said before but having first hand experience in the last 2 weeks, drinking & driving is an open wound right now for me.

So for now my rants over......
            Y’all can carry on to defend just having one beer.

Man I feel for your situation and I agree but it’s has nothing to do with my question nor why I asked.

I do not condone drunk driving in any way but I have a need for the legal question asked and that’s all.

Prayers for your wife’s complete recovery.

Comment

Man I feel for your situation and I agree but it’s has nothing to do with my question nor why I asked.

I do not condone drunk driving in any way but I have a need for the legal question asked and that’s all.

Prayers for your wife’s complete recovery.

I completely understand & sorry for maybe coming off hard. It’s just a fresh wound. Thanks for the prayers we need them. She’s got a long road ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                I just spent way too much time on google. Attorney sites have it saying both ways , dps site makes it sounds .04 in a cmv only.

Both TxDOT and FMCSA state that it is .04% while in commercial vehicle and .08% in non-commercial now.

Really makes me wonder how so many CDL drivers (myself included) have had this mixed up for so long!

Comment

Add me to the list of the ones having it mixed up for the last 18 years !

Comment

Both TxDOT and FMCSA state that it is .04% while in commercial vehicle and .08% in non-commercial now.

Really makes me wonder how so many CDL drivers (myself included) have had this mixed up for so long!
                    Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                    Add me to the list of the ones having it mixed up for the last 18 years !
                    Im right there with yall... shoot I just told my class it didnt matter the vehicle too..... Learn something new everyday

Comment

I learned when I got mine over .04 in any vehicle is a dui. If you have any alcohol under .04 in your system you're not allowed to drive a commercial vehicle for 24 hrs or something like that.

Comment

Looking for what the law says not your judgmental opinion.
                        judgmental to you maybe.......to me it's passion against drink driving and the arrogance of people who think they they can bend the laws and put others in danger while doing it.
                        It's a simple observation thats all.
                        have a good life

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
                          judgmental to you maybe.......to me it's passion against drink driving and the arrogance of people who think they they can bend the laws and put others in danger while doing it.
                          It's a simple observation thats all.
                          have a good life
                          I am right there with you Pat. You would think the OP would contact a legal service or Texas DPS to get the correct info. This is a hunting forum after all but some seem to think this is the end all for advice, it’s not.

Comment

Simple. Because people tend to spout off **** they know nothing about and others tend to believe everything they hear. We've all been guilty of it. I've had a CDL for 30 years and I've never really known exactly what it is. I do understand it to be .04 ONLY while operating a commercial vehicle, and .08 the rest of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                              I am right there with you Pat. You would think the OP would contact a legal service or Texas DPS to get the correct info. This is a hunting forum after all but some seem to think this is the end all for advice, it’s not.
                              Plenty of TBHers that work for Texas DPS or commercial trucking companies. Granted, I wouldn't take the advice of a contractor like me for legal advice, but it's easy to get the right answer if you know whom you're getting it from. Also, there are probably more trucking experts on this site than there are hunters.

Comment

I don’t know but, hopefully, TVC184 will be along, and I am comfortable that you can take his answer to the bank!

Comment

Working...
                                X