No announcement yet.

CDL Blood Alcohol Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this still apply if your firearm is not on your person if you’re ever stopped?

Comment

If you rely on your CDL for your living why would you do anything to jeopardize your employment in the first place.?
      And if you did I for one would be happy to let the authorities know that you were driving impaired. I don't care who you are, how many years of experience you have or how much you can "hold your booze", it's still illegal and not a very good decision to get behind the wheel of anything.
      Kind of harsh but oh well.......

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
        If you rely on your CDL for your living why would you do anything to jeopardize your employment in the first place.?
        And if you did I for one would be happy to let the authorities know that you were driving impaired. I don't care who you are, how many years of experience you have or how much you can "hold your booze", it's still illegal and not a very good decision to get behind the wheel of anything.

Looking for what the law says not your judgmental opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          Looking for what the law says not your judgmental opinion.
          I don’t think he was being judgmental at all! This is a very bold thread, but it’s a good thread because it’s probably making a lot of drivers think twice about it .

Comment

CDL Blood Alcohol Limit

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
            I don’t think he was being judgmental at all! This is a very bold thread, but it’s a good thread because it’s probably making a lot of drivers think twice about it .

The reason for the question is my sons co-worker is being demoted because he won’t get a CDL because he believes the law is .02% whether your driving the truck or your personal car. That would mean you could not even have one beer with your meal eating out.

Meanwhile the only 2 legal sources found date .04% in a commercial vehicle and the normal .08% in personal vehicle.

That’s a huge difference and worth knowing the facts on.
            Last edited by bboswell; 05-12-2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

He is simply looking for a legal definition....not all of the holy responses...dam. Carry on OP, hope you find your answers while dealing with these jack wagons.

Comment

Bump for LO to set the record.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                  He is simply looking for a legal definition....not all of the holy responses...dam. Carry on OP, hope you find your answers while dealing with these jack wagons.
                  Aint that the truth

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

As far as I can find it’s still .04. Even though I don’t drive commercially anymore, I still maintain my CDL. You never know when you might need it again.
                    If I have more than one drink when we go out, I let momma drive.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        Does this still apply if your firearm is not on your person if you’re ever stopped?
                        Whatever you do don't tell a person to pick up their dogs poo with a firearm on you!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
                          Really really intelligent answer... I amazed the passion you put into answering his question and staying on topic.

Comment

CDL Blood Alcohol Limit

Originally posted by chehunt View Post

[emoji3516]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

.04 in commercial truck or personal truck , it doesn’t matter. You also get more time without a license if you refuse to blow or give blood.

Comment

It is .04 in a commercial vehicle and .08 in a non commercial vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X