Powder/Primers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powder/Primers

Finally got all the parts for my TC Pro Hunter muzzleloader. I'm looking for some insight on powder and primers. Is any one brand better than the other?

Thanks,DJ

I have had good luck with triple 7 powder. My go to 2nd to goex black powder. Both in FFF!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really liked Pyrodex Select loose powder...and then I started shooting Blackhorn 209! BH209 is way cleaner and more accurate for me. You need to use actual shotgun 209 primers for it and most rifles require a different breech plug too.

Comment

BH209 is pricey. But I don't shoot my Accura enough for it to matter. Stuff works fantastic. Easy clean up. Very consistent.

In my .54 Hawken I use 777. Also works very well.

Comment

Blackhorn 209 (BH209) and CCI 209M Primers.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel1952 View Post
            Blackhorn 209 (BH209) and CCI 209M Primers.
            I tried most brands and Thats my Favorite /primer too..

Less and easy cleaning...not too smokey...Remember measure powder by Volume not actual weight...Best loads in my 50 TC around 100g by vol
            Last edited by cva34; 05-08-2021, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
              I tried most brands and Thats my Favorite /primer too..

Less and easy cleaning...not too smokey...Remember measure powder by Volume not actual weight...Best loads in my 50 TC around 100g by vol

To the measuring aspect...if you take a volume and weigh that charge, you can increase your accuracy a LOT by weighing each charge and fine tuning just like you would with reloads.

Comment

Working...
              X