No announcement yet.

Another mt lion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to hijack the thread but I seen one Thursday night just south of sonora

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      Same video was posted a week or so back?

Or did it come back by for another round?
      Appears to be the same video I saw last week. Big kitty for sure. I used to fish Ray Hubbard around the Miller Rd and Bush area before Bush was built. Lots of places over there for a cat to hide out and never be seen.
      Last edited by RascalArms; 12-01-2020, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        There are lions all over Los Angeles county. They have more people than we do
        yeah but LA is not east of I-35!

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
          Did i say there were never any there? NO. I said THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THERE. Relax.. I know all you etx guys see them all the time but never had one.. not a single one confirmed. I dont know what it is about you guys. I showed a guy from etx the video and the first thing out of his mouth was.......you guessed it....... Hed seen a black panther in dem harwood bottoms. Smh.
          I won't argue it any further than this post, but your exact words were "not have them historicaly" in regards to Dallas vs Los Angeles. That is false.

Also, this thread has video proof. How is that not "confirmed?"

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            All good.

When I was a teenager I knew a guy that had an African Lion caged in his back yard in Tomball. Anything is possible

I have heard of this as well.

I believe Mt. Lions are all over this great state. Most people will never see them because they will see you first.

Comment

I have a friend that lives in Ft. Worth close to the trinity river and she has seen lions and cubs multiple time over the last few years

Comment

The idea of one in Rowlett is not far fetched. I live within a mile of where it was spotted, and all it has to do is follow the shore of the lake either north or south and it's in river bottoms. I don't understand why something like that is hard to understand, seeing how there are bobcats and coyotes in the same area with no problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  You lost me with the pet lion comment

I’ve seen them a few times in Hardin County. That’s a good ways East of I-35. Granted it was 12 years ago since I last saw one. But it was in broad daylight and several people saw it too.
                  Maybe it was one of those lions from that trashy zoo in Oklahoma...pet lion. See.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    I won't argue it any further than this post, but your exact words were "not have them historicaly" in regards to Dallas vs Los Angeles. That is false.

Also, this thread has video proof. How is that not "confirmed?"

Your missing the point. Or your pulling a smooth brain to help you ridiculous stance. Ill Phrase it another way. is it common place to have Big Cats Brown and Black to show up in east texas?. Would you say east texas was more known for road hunting and mountain lion or just shooting deer at night

..if you read the above posts i knew it was going to be a millisecond before all the etx guys on here would chime in about all the lions they have seen in etx. How many of those guys who posted ever got it confirmed. Ill answer that None. You would think it would be a big deal because how rare sightings are. Or important to vaiidate it. BUT nope there is a black panther under every tree.

Comment

I would say it's common for folks to not see the big cats that are there.
                      Just because there is no TPW confirmation does not mean they are not there.

Comment

Plenty of woods north of that arm of the lake and on both sides for a cat or two to live in. It does get real skinny on that side of the lake where it was spotted, but probably plenty of pets for food also.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                          I would say it's common for folks to not see the big cats that are there.
                          Just because there is no TPW confirmation does not mean they are not there.
                          Yep, it had no value to me whether or not a cat was ever confirmed. I never bothered reporting either sightings. My priority was taking care of a registered herd of cattle on one ranch and building infrastructure on another. The closest neighbor to the first ranch in East TX had raised his kids in the house there. Over the years he and his family had multiple sightings of big cats at night in his yard. Because of that he would never allow his kids to go outside at night unsupervised or in the daytime. There’s a big oak thicket on the nearby larger ranch that never gets hunted.

Comment

Hahaha!

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            African lions have a larger head in relation to their neck and body, mountian lion's head is more like a domestic cats head, smallish compared to their chest and mid section.
                            Look for yourself : https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/si...65085-39972864

And I am no Clark.

I've have taken a mt lion, seen 3 others in the wild and was there when my spouse took one last Jan. we jumped from creek bottom.
                            I'm pretty sure no one here was thinking African lion,lol

Comment

Yeah ok

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm glad there was video of it. I don't see him hanging around that are a for long though.

Comment

Working...
                                X