Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2021, 06:03 PM   #551
jnd1959
Ten Point
 
jnd1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
Had a pretty good hunt Saturday morning.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats on the greenhead.
jnd1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 06:49 AM   #552
Hammerdown15
Ten Point
 
Hammerdown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pearland
Hunt In: Warren, Tx
Default

At Justin Hurst WMA today. The lotto did me rightÖI was drawn 3rd!!!!! Iíve never drawn in the top 10 before. Half of the people who showed up didnít get a spot because of the limited number of spots open today.

Iím all set up and waiting on those big groups to come in. Címon 6:21!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hammerdown15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 08:09 AM   #553
gander
Ten Point
 
gander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Beaumont
Hunt In: SETX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
It was a barn burner for sure.

I think we rained the entire flock 3 times. 5,6 and 7 birds. One volley two birds fell and hit me inside the blind!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I drive past that gate on the way to some of our stuff pretty frequently. You know it's a bad year when they're having to shoot divers off that place.
gander is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 08:13 AM   #554
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gander View Post
I drive past that gate on the way to some of our stuff pretty frequently. You know it's a bad year when they're having to shoot divers off that place.
It was a free hunt and we had a good time. But I was a little disappointed in shooting 30 ringers. There was some teal to be had but they didn't want to play. Even the squealers didn't decoy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 08:48 AM   #555
dbpredator
Ten Point
 
dbpredator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Sumner Tx
Hunt In: Lamar county
Default

Been seeing plenty of ducks to and from work today and yesterday around here. Hoping its like that this weekend on public spots as well.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk
dbpredator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 08:57 AM   #556
gander
Ten Point
 
gander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Beaumont
Hunt In: SETX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
It was a free hunt and we had a good time. But I was a little disappointed in shooting 30 ringers. There was some teal to be had but they didn't want to play. Even the squealers didn't decoy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I'm not hating on it at all, I love shooting ducks of all kind, just saying it's been a slow season down here and when that property is having to settle for ringers, it shows how slow it is.
gander is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 09:05 AM   #557
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gander View Post
I'm not hating on it at all, I love shooting ducks of all kind, just saying it's been a slow season down here and when that property is having to settle for ringers, it shows how slow it is.
I got ya, it's all good.

I think when ANYONE has to settle for a ringer limit it's slow. Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 12:51 PM   #558
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
I got ya, it's all good.

I think when ANYONE has to settle for a ringer limit it's slow. Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Hell I'd settle for 4 ringers about now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 12:54 PM   #559
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

Going out in the AM to see if there are any new birds. Ill take a few ringers

Wood duck hunt turkey morning!
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 01:27 PM   #560
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Hell I'd settle for 4 ringers about now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Yea, but you're a self proclaimed cajun. Probably got a nutria water turkey gumbo recipe

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 01:33 PM   #561
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
Yea, but you're a self proclaimed cajun. Probably got a nutria water turkey gumbo recipe

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nah, you get them fancy certificates when you shoot one of them there aqua turkeys.

Now pouldeau gizzard gumbo on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 04:15 PM   #562
Buck hunter332
Eight Point
 
Buck hunter332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Hunt In: The water
Default

Anyone have a ca57 gator tail prop they are willing to sell or a big blade Pm me I need one bad
Buck hunter332 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 04:27 PM   #563
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Temporary transient
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Very few birds in Rockport. Ran St Joe’s and not enough to get me excited yet. I’m seeing some reds and actually mostly buffleheads. Guess I fish until they show
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 04:48 PM   #564
TxSpinner
Eight Point
 
TxSpinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Hunt In: Everywhere!
Default

Of the three hunts we've been on this year today was the slowest. However, we had the wildest moment when a family of otters came swimming up to my wife. Stopped about two feet from her and just proceeded to squeak at her. Never seen anything like that before. Hell I can't recall ever seeing otters in NE Texas before.
TxSpinner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #565
No-Tox
Ten Point
 
No-Tox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Rockwall County
Hunt In: Ellis County
Default

We haven't hunted my place since opening Dat. Going out Friday morning. Birds should be stacked in there by now.
No-Tox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 06:36 PM   #566
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
It was a free hunt and we had a good time. But I was a little disappointed in shooting 30 ringers. There was some teal to be had but they didn't want to play. Even the squealers didn't decoy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I figured you Houston folks would enjoy a ringneck beatdown! Change of pace from the teal and spoonies!
Slew is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2021, 10:59 PM   #567
jnd1959
Ten Point
 
jnd1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Default

Those ringers will grind up just like everything else. Makem heap good sausage rite dar. I'm not cajon, but my oldest is a chef in New Orleans so there's that. Coot gizzard gumbo. I'll have to try it. I've thought about shooting a couple but there's always someone at the ramp when I come in so I chicken out. Could say it's catfish bait...
jnd1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 08:10 AM   #568
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

Well…. Big fat 0 so far this AM.

Seen maybe 20ish birds in the distance and one teal buzzed the spread
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 08:18 AM   #569
RockTippedStick
Ten Point
 
RockTippedStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Liberty, Tyler, Polk
Default

Slow around here. Went yesterday morning and ended up with 2 green wings and 2 woodies. Had a great morning on the water though.
RockTippedStick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 08:41 AM   #570
DUKFVR
Pope & Young
 
DUKFVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sorry Azz Houston & Young County
Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
WellÖ. Big fat 0 so far this AM.

Seen maybe 20ish birds in the distance and one teal buzzed the spread
We were close to where you were yesterday. 1 group 0f 3 teal we got all of them & one speck. Nothing in air.
Good luck the rest of this AM.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 08:47 AM   #571
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slew View Post
I figured you Houston folks would enjoy a ringneck beatdown! Change of pace from the teal and spoonies!
Houston?? You kiss your momma with that mouth?

I coming to the next crappie deal so I can drill a hole in your boat!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 09:25 AM   #572
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKFVR View Post
We were close to where you were yesterday. 1 group 0f 3 teal we got all of them & one speck. Nothing in air.
Good luck the rest of this AM.
The rest of the hunt was more of the same


There were a bunch of low flying geese that I might use those socks on next weekend though! They sure seemed like they just needed a little encouragement to land
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 10:27 AM   #573
DUKFVR
Pope & Young
 
DUKFVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sorry Azz Houston & Young County
Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
The rest of the hunt was more of the same


There were a bunch of low flying geese that I might use those socks on next weekend though! They sure seemed like they just needed a little encouragement to land
Saw more geese yesterday in the air than ducks.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 01:49 PM   #574
Gclyde12
Six Point
 
Gclyde12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Junction, Freer
Default

Saw a total of 0 ducks today just south of Garwood.
Gclyde12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #575
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!
Default

Got a report today that the birds p north are on the move. Lots of geese. And some ducks.


This front tomorrow could bring a few. But it could also push a few away. We'll have to see.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-24-2021 at 02:45 PM.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 05:34 PM   #576
Greenheadless
Ten Point
 
Greenheadless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: Liberty County
Default

After following this thread, I am glad I ave up the duck game years ago……….


As Merl says, ‘Are the good old time really over for good?’
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 09:31 PM   #577
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

Going after woodies in the AM
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 09:34 PM   #578
BLACKFINTURKEY
Pope & Young
 
BLACKFINTURKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Marion,Texas
Hunt In: Marion,Texas
Default

Headed to seadrift Friday night to chase ducks Saturday hoot hey will cooperate.
BLACKFINTURKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 11:21 PM   #579
Tex21
Ten Point
 
Tex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Huntington
Hunt In: Angelina, Val Verde Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
After following this thread, I am glad I ave up the duck game years agoÖÖÖ.


As Merl says, ĎAre the good old time really over for good?í

Nope thereís still lots of ducks to be killed, you just have to figure out you have to go north for them. We are leaving tomorrow night for a 7.5hr haul north and will hunt Friday morning through Sunday morning.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tex21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2021, 11:36 PM   #580
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex21 View Post
Nope thereís still lots of ducks to be killed, you just have to figure out you have to go north for them. We are leaving tomorrow night for a 7.5hr haul north and will hunt Friday morning through Sunday morning.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7.5 hours for a duck?

That's kinds what greenhead is getting at. Used to be when you traveled over a couple hours you were going to another country

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 03:47 AM   #581
jnd1959
Ten Point
 
jnd1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Default

We saw a few yesterday in N TX. Not as many as opening day but enough to have gotten a few birds...if I could shoot. I literally don't think I could have it a decoy yesterday... We ended up with 1 but should have had 5 or 6 for two of us.
jnd1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 03:50 AM   #582
jnd1959
Ten Point
 
jnd1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
Got a report today that the birds p north are on the move. Lots of geese. And some ducks.


This front tomorrow could bring a few. But it could also push a few away. We'll have to see.
Time to get that boat out and harass them ducks TG...now that you've punched the doe ticket.
jnd1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 04:11 AM   #583
J Loves Huntin
Ten Point
 
J Loves Huntin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NE Fort Worth
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Got 2 shovlers up in N Tx last Wednesday and 1 common goldeneye Tuesday.
J Loves Huntin is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 08:31 AM   #584
Greenheadless
Ten Point
 
Greenheadless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: Liberty County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
7.5 hours for a duck?

That's kinds what greenhead is getting at. Used to be when you traveled over a couple hours you were going to another country

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
This guy gets it.

I remember when a haul to Eagle Lake was if you were just really mad at them. No one even thought of going ALL THE WAY out to Garwood. What was a haul and no man’s land.

…..or numerous impoundments/areas in the immediate SE Texas area we used to consistently shoot straps of greenheads. You could set your watch to the migration patterns. The big groups of flight birds would show up the week after Thanksgiving.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 08:38 AM   #585
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
This guy gets it.

I remember when a haul to Eagle Lake was if you were just really mad at them. No one even thought of going ALL THE WAY out to Garwood. What was a haul and no manís land.

Ö..or numerous impoundments/areas in the immediate SE Texas area we used to consistently shoot straps of greenheads. You could set your watch to the migration patterns. The big groups of flight birds would show up the week after Thanksgiving.
Exactly.

I used to leave piles of mallards and gray in Montgomery County and go to Washington cause I wanted a change of scenery

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 08:47 AM   #586
DUKFVR
Pope & Young
 
DUKFVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sorry Azz Houston & Young County
Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!
Default

Up in Young County this morning. Didn't see hardly any ducks on ponds yesterday driving up. Got three ducks here this morning. Saw a couple of other flocks that didn't work into range. Son is in a deer stand and popped a big hog earlier.

Last edited by DUKFVR; 11-25-2021 at 08:49 AM.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 09:20 AM   #587
Tex21
Ten Point
 
Tex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Huntington
Hunt In: Angelina, Val Verde Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
This guy gets it.

I remember when a haul to Eagle Lake was if you were just really mad at them. No one even thought of going ALL THE WAY out to Garwood. What was a haul and no manís land.

Ö..or numerous impoundments/areas in the immediate SE Texas area we used to consistently shoot straps of greenheads. You could set your watch to the migration patterns. The big groups of flight birds would show up the week after Thanksgiving.

Got to go where the mallards and Canadaís are to kill them.. we use to lease in bay city but the birds just stopped showing up. Migration shifted so itís made the drive further.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tex21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 09:25 AM   #588
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnd1959 View Post
Time to get that boat out and harass them ducks TG...now that you've punched the doe ticket.
I'ma wait-n for the wind to die a bit. Don't like run-n the WildThing when the winds are 15+. It's a really rough ride in a Jon.

And wear your sunscreen! Even in the cooler weather. You can get sunburn on the water no matter the time of year. I just had a big ol spot taken off my nose yesterday. And got to go back for a skin graph in 2 weeks. Got another right beside it that's gonna have to come off too. This was my second yesterday. And damage I probably did back in 30s and all the way through my 40s.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #589
DUKFVR
Pope & Young
 
DUKFVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sorry Azz Houston & Young County
Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex21 View Post
Got to go where the mallards and Canadaís are to kill them.. we use to lease in bay city but the birds just stopped showing up. Migration shifted so itís made the drive further.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep! This here! I drive more than I ever thought I would to stay on a few ducks. It has definitely changed where and how the birds are.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 09:31 AM   #590
Greenheadless
Ten Point
 
Greenheadless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: Liberty County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex21 View Post
Got to go where the mallards and Canada’s are to kill them.. we use to lease in bay city but the birds just stopped showing up. Migration shifted so it’s made the drive further.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We did for years, with trips into western Canada.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 12:50 PM   #591
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Had some luck the last 12hours! Nice single mom last night and smashed some birds this am.

All widgeon and 3 ring necks. 20mph plus wind into our face made it tough shooting. Was done by 9. Should have been done by 8.

Hunted a tank SE of waco.
Pouldeaux is doing great on retrieving.

Best part was when I cracked that ice cold Busch Light after the first bird. Buddy asked "what you got?" I said BUSCH LIGHT, he said "oh wait that's a beer?" Uh yeah, happy Thanksgiving I brought plenty if you want one lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 12:52 PM   #592
3rdCoastHunter
Six Point
 
3rdCoastHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
Had some luck the last 12hours! Nice single mom last night and smashed some birds this am.

All widgeon and 3 ring necks. 20mph plus wind into our face made it tough shooting. Was done by 9. Should have been done by 8.

Hunted a tank SE of waco.
Pouldeaux is doing great on retrieving.

Best part was when I cracked that ice cold Busch Light after the first bird. Buddy asked "what you got?" I said BUSCH LIGHT, he said "oh wait that's a beer?" Uh yeah, happy Thanksgiving I brought plenty if you want one lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Love single moms - solid work
3rdCoastHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 01:27 PM   #593
RockTippedStick
Ten Point
 
RockTippedStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Liberty, Tyler, Polk
Default

Flex I am stuck here at work on Thanksgiving but you just made me laugh brother. Good stuff and congrats on both accounts. We should do a hunt one day up that way. I have a few places I have been wanting to try.
RockTippedStick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 02:10 PM   #594
Flex
Ten Point
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Centex
Hunt In: The Bushes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTippedStick View Post
Flex I am stuck here at work on Thanksgiving but you just made me laugh brother. Good stuff and congrats on both accounts. We should do a hunt one day up that way. I have a few places I have been wanting to try.
Let me know man! I'm always down for a good time.

Sorry you gotta work on Turkey day!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 02:19 PM   #595
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Temporary transient
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

I ran St Joe shoreline and Estes Flats area. Bumped maybe 3 groups. More buffleheads on main bay than any other ducks down around Aransas Pass. There is a group of teal in Lighthouse but they have been skyblasted so much they raft in middle before FSL
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 06:46 PM   #596
jnd1959
Ten Point
 
jnd1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Default

You can hunt lighthouse? Never thought of that.
jnd1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 07:15 PM   #597
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point
 
Wall_Hanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Victoria & Re„l county
Default

Anyone ever used Boss shells? Shells are getting hard to find and I thought if Iím going to wait list an order I may try something new. Iím usually a Winchester or Kent shooter but may give them a whirl just to see.
Wall_Hanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 07:22 PM   #598
DKirk
Ten Point
 
DKirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lake Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
Anyone ever used Boss shells? Shells are getting hard to find and I thought if Iím going to wait list an order I may try something new. Iím usually a Winchester or Kent shooter but may give them a whirl just to see.
I havenít used them yet but when you get that in stock notification you better go buy them right then or theyíll be sold out again.
DKirk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 07:26 PM   #599
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point
 
Wall_Hanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Victoria & Re„l county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKirk View Post
I havenít used them yet but when you get that in stock notification you better go buy them right then or theyíll be sold out again.


Shoot that just about anything right now. Iím interested in the #3/#5 blend. Seems like and interesting concept.
Wall_Hanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 07:42 PM   #600
DKirk
Ten Point
 
DKirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lake Jackson
Default

I am using MIGRA 2/4s right now and was on the list for boss 3/5s bit by that evening they was gone. The 2/4s seem pretty good but I need to go see how they actually pattern.
DKirk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com