Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #201
Efren
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-fin View Post
My wife and I got one of the nephews a really nice po-go stick, like professional grade rig. Well his mom, my big fat SIL decides she gonna demo the stic, in living room, starts on one side of living room and 2 po-go's later it launches her into the huge Christmas tree!! I swear she hits her head on ceiling before she comes down on top of BIG tree. Wipes out tree, ornaments broken everywhere, tv gets broke, a few gifts laying around get wiped out. If I only would have video, did I mention she is BIG girl!! Kids crying, adults laughing, kids laughing, unbelievable!! My stomach still hurts!! Good **** right there!!
That's funny right there!!!
Efren is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2017, 11:22 PM   #202
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

The first time we went to spend the holidays with my in-laws was a few months after my wife (then girlfriend) and I started dating. On New Year's Eve my future MIL starts good naturedly bugging me to eat some black eyed peas for good luck. I explain to the family that under no circumstances will I be eating black eyes peas, even if it means bad luck. My future wife tries to convince me to try them by explaining that her dad makes some special sauce that he puts on them. It's so good that you can't taste the "pea-ness". The whole family stops talking and looks at her, and then bursts out laughing. My future FIL had just taken a big bite of steak and started choking on it because he was laughing and trying not to spit it out. I had to pound on his back to get it unlodged. We still tell that story every time we get together for the holidays.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2017, 08:31 AM   #203
CrookedArrow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tamplias Chiwawa, Mejico

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWDOG View Post
I rightfully help defend my wife against my FIL's drunk girlfriend. Hair was pulled...punches thrown...first time I laid my hands on a women. Cops were called and my wife and I went to my folks house. I was scared I/we were going to jail. No charges filled because the officers knew her as a drunk and had made several arrests for PI's.

Long story short... She's gone... Thank god! A Christmas I'll never forget.
Gone??? As in someone "snuffed her out"?
CrookedArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2017, 08:41 AM   #204
CrookedArrow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tamplias Chiwawa, Mejico

Man this is the best thread ever!! We don't have problems as it is just 5 of us, no in laws, neighbors, cousins, etc

If any of you still have these type of Christmas/Holiday GTGs can I just come take a seat on the couch?? I love Christmas Vacation and it sounds like yall have em beat.
CrookedArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2017, 09:03 AM   #205
stickbowcoop
Ten Point

Hunt In: OH, PA, looking for a place in TX.

My granny used to host our family Christmas Eve party. She had 4 kids, and they all had families so it was a decent get together. My dad and uncle Keith got into a fist fight in 1988 and knocked her tree over (I remember the year because my mom passed of cancer that year). They are all gone (granny, uncle, dad) and we laugh about it now. At the time it was pretty stressful and my granny was PO'd! That is the first and only time I ever heard that woman swear.
stickbowcoop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2017, 09:03 AM   #206
DCT
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tyler County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTexan View Post
Your mom was married to your uncle?
Haha. I read that about five times and was thinking the same thing.
DCT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 02:45 AM   #207
freezerfiller
Ten Point

Bump
freezerfiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 05:44 AM   #208
LukeDuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Kansas, Louisiana
Thumbs up

This Thread reminds me of Robert Earl Keen's Christmas song:

Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk
At our Christmas party
We were drinkin' champagne punch and homemade eggnog
Little sister brought her new boyfriend
He was a Mexican
We didn't know what to think of him
Until he sang Feliz Navidad

Brother Ken brought his kids with him
The three from his first wife Lynn
And the two identical twins
From his second wife Mary Nell
Of course he brought his new wife, Kay
Who talks all about AA
Chain smokin' while the stereo plays
Noel, Noel, the First Noel

Carve the turkey, turn the ballgame on
Mix margaritas when the eggnog's gone
Send somebody to the Quik Pak store
We need some icing and extension cords
A can of bean dip and some Diet right
A box of tampons and some Marlboro lights
Hallelujah, everybody say cheese
Merry Christmas from the family

Fran and Rita drove from Harlingen
I can't remember how I'm kin to them
But when they tried to plug their motor home in
They blew our Christmas lights
Cousin David knew just what went wrong
So we all waited out on our front lawn
He threw the breaker and the lights came on
And we sang Silent Night, oh Silent Night

Carve the turkey, turn the ballgame on
Make Bloody Marys 'cause we all want one
Send somebody to the Stop 'N Go
We need some celery and a can of fake snow
A bag of lemons and some Diet Sprite
A box of tampons and some Salem Lights
Hallelujah, everybody say cheese
Merry Christmas from the family
Feliz Navidad
LukeDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 06:01 AM   #209
Acameron52
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jacksboro & Coleman

This is good!
Acameron52 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 08:58 AM   #210
KNEE DEEP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado county,Texas

I love it when I look at the work schedule for next year and see I'm working Thanksgiving and Christmas,just like I'm doing now. Don't have to put up with any of crazy stuff from my kinfolks. Dysfunctionality runs deep in my family.
KNEE DEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 09:08 AM   #211
Bowdark
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas swamps to Teton County

My sister used to say we put the 'fun' in dysfunctional. After reading the other posts, she couldn't be more wrong.

My mom and her sister were twins. Mom was a free spirit, aunt was a stick in the mud. Mom would make top shelf margaritas (they were spectacular), aunt would sip cheap wine out of a coffee cup and warn us about having too much fun. Aunt was the one who would give cheap ill-fitting sweaters as gifts.

One year my Uncle Jack (Dad's bro) ate too much and puked in the middle of the gift circle, almost started a chain reaction!

Another year, it was a big extended family deal. BIL's father liked to make fruit/rum cakes. One would get a buzz from eating it (sluiced with Bacardi). Mom's brother's staunch teetoller family could not stop eating it, said it was the best ever... we never told them, just enjoyed watching them. Mom laughed about that for the rest of her life.

Little things like that. No law called, no gun play/violence.

That's about all I have, Merry Christmas!
Bowdark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 09:29 AM   #212
txpitdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fairfield

My SIL told my mom that going to church for Christmas Eve service was a waste of time and that if my mom wanted to see her grandsons she would have to skip it. It made my mom cry. I have not spoken a word to that lazy, entitled woman since, and the awkwardness I know she feels when Iím around (like every single birthday and holiday) is her reward for getting what she wanted for Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txpitdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 09:46 AM   #213
TxAg
Pope & Young

I need to go back and re-read these.
TxAg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #214
Radar
Pope & Young

I have seen things
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #215
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Forgot how great this thread was!!
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 10:20 AM   #216
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Pfft.... just get on TBH if you want to see a little dysfunction, doesn't take the Holidays
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 10:28 AM   #217
sahunter
Eight Point

Hunt In: Central and South Texas

tagged
sahunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 10:28 AM   #218
Hank Madson
Spike

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
i was on tbh one year, and its considered a family of sorts... And there was guys telling another guy how much of a man he wasn't for doing something in a situation he was telling a story about on tbh and how they would have handled it differently and there was insinuations of internet toughguyitis, and more lack of brains talk then there were pm's , hugs, and new year happiness...
Oh and some drunk guy typing is everyones new bestie.
bwaahahahahahaha!
Hank Madson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 12:55 PM   #219
Jon B
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States

Got called to my mom's house one Christmas Night. My brother who was a raging alcoholic and has never grown up was beating the crap out of my old man. I drove the ten minutes from my house to theirs and when I arrived my brother had my dad by the collar and jacked up against the wall. I tackled him and the brawl started. After the first tussle he grabbed my dad's shot gun and sounds like he was going to shoot me. I snatched it away from him and used the stock to adjust his attitude. Left him laying in the floor and walked outside. SOB attacked me with a pocket knife. Now imagine he is super drunk and almost moving in slow motion as he does this. I punched him and he fell down. I stepped on his hand until he dropped his knife. Cops showed up and we told them that he was drunk and acting a fool. We left out the weapons part because he is already a convicted felon. They told him he had two choices one was jail and the other was going to a hotel for the night. My mother tried to take him to the hotel and while being followed by the cops he tried to get out of the moving car. They hooked him up and he spent the night in the tank.

I love the guy but when he drank it was always something. Lives for the drama and bull$#!+. I guess this is just the white trash lifestyle. I grew up in it. My wife had never seen anything like it and still gets anxiety over holidays with my family.
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #220
rockyraider
Ten Point

Hunt In: Out West

Love these stories, Merry Christmas to all.
rockyraider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 02:03 PM   #221
BigL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Going to have to read these again.
BigL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #222
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Many yeas ago
My parents house. My brother and I have the exact same guns Sig P220. I had done some trigger work and my brother wanted me to work on his. So we cover the pool table with a sheet and take his gun apart and work on it for about an hour. Mom calls for us to come eat. We all go eat and my brother goes and puts his gun back together except for the washer in the grip. He has a habit of dropping on in the pipe closing the action and then seating the magazine. Well he does this except the magazine does not go in because the washer is not in the gun. We look for the washer for about an hour and then give up. He then asks me if I felt his trigger. I pick it up-aim at a dot on the side of the pool table and sqeeze of the round in the chamber. round goes through the pool table down into the carpet goes under a wall and comes up out of the carpet in another room and striking my Mom in the collar bone and then bounced up and landed on my wife's head burning the hair and her scalp.
Well the bullet was a hydro-shock and my Mom's collar bone is bleeding from the exposed point and we are thinking it may have fractured her collarbone. We load up and goto the hospital to have X-rays and my brother being an EMT calls ahead and explains what happened. Return from hospital only to have HPD crime scene all over the house. My Mom starts making plates for the Detectives that are talking to my bother and I. Get done talking to us and then state they are headed to the hospital to interview the gunshot victim. My Mom pipes up and says that she is right here. Detectives leave and a Parol Officer stays around while Crime Scene gets everything. Patrol Officer stays around for a few hours and sits and eats evening meal with family and we even had him say the prayer for the meal. My Mom fixes him a plate of cookies and pie and fixes him a large glass of milk to take with him. Patrol Officer takes plate but refuses milk saying he didn't want to take her container. About 15 minutes later our doorbell rings and it is the Patrol Officer saying everything is closed and he will be happy with a glass of milk. We all laughed and he came in and played cards and spent another hour or two at the house. He stopped by my parents house every Christmas after that until he retired

So I guess we qualify- I shot my Mom and wife on Christmas.

First time seeing this thread. Thatís a doozie Glen!
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 03:44 PM   #223
Junkers88
Ten Point

Hunt In: searching

Some of these are just epic.
Junkers88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 08:54 PM   #224
Death from Above
Pope & Young

JHT needs to help the Christmas spirit with more tales.
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 09:11 PM   #225
BitBackShot
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Llano County

My sister is a drug addict.

The first time I brought my (now) wife to meet my parents, it was Christmas and she drove over from Tennessee (parents in NC). The first night we’re there my sister has some sort of animosity towards Beth and just grills her to the point that it’s so uncomfortable my dad steps in and tells my sister to take a walk. I had already been called off from telling my sister to F off by my wife because she wanted my sister to like her.

Anyhow, after dinner and dessert, my sister starts going off about how absurd it is my parents are making her stay at a hotel so Beth and I will sleep in separate rooms and starts suggesting things in front of the whole family to Beth. “You’re obviously already sleeping with him. Who are you trying to kid?”

My parents finally asked her to leave and she stomped around the house in a storm. We all sat in the dining room until she was gone. We found out shortly that she had stolen a. my wife’s heirloom jewelry, b. My brother’s pain pills as he had just had nasal surgery, and c. My mom’s purse and my dad’s wallet.

Great first impression for my wife. We’ve been together 12 years, so it worked out. Hilariously, my sister tried to return her jewelry to make amends a couple years later but mailed my wife someone wlse’s Jewelry. She robbed a lot of people.
BitBackShot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 12:11 AM   #226
Iehooligan11b
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by akey View Post
He was hitting your wife and you gave him 3 verbal warnings? My wife's family would be giving me the cold shoulder for letting it go that long. Not saying you handled it wrong because I wasn't in your shoes but I just can't see how they would have expected that situation to end any better. It could have been justifiably way worse for him.
Iím on the same page as you.
Not to diss the op of this post, but I couldnít fathom watching someone repeatedly assault my wife and just keep telling them to stop. And then to go straight for drawing my pistol. At first sight I would be hands on. There would not be multiple verbal warnings and wouldnít feel the need to pull a pistol when he needed an *** whooping.
Iehooligan11b is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 02:24 AM   #227
locolobo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Somewhere in TX

I thought I had a dysfunctional family. Mom had 6 brothers who were all drunks and all had done time, and 2 sisters whose husbands were also drunks. We all got together @ Grandma's house for Christmas dinner every year and never anything like some of the stories here.
Worst that ever happened was setting the pasture behind Grandma's house on fire during a bottle rocket war. Kids against adults. Grandma was pizzed but no punches were thrown and all food was eaten.

Gotta keep this going for 2018!

Merry Christmas to all on the Green Screen!
locolobo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 08:06 AM   #228
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

There was the time my mom burned the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve to teach me and my brother a lesson.

We had drove her crazy (for real) about opening presents. She let us open one and we wouldn't shut up about opening more. She snapped and opened all the gifts for us and then dragged the tree to the burn pile and lit it.

It was a very quiet, somber Christmas morning. My little brother cried like a b&$#@. We never mentioned opening gifts early again.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 09:03 AM   #229
aac_shooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb county

I have 2 stories, but they are from past Thanksgivings. My wife would likely skin me alive if I posted either of them.
aac_shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #230
Iehooligan11b
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
There was the time my mom burned the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve to teach me and my brother a lesson.

We had drove her crazy (for real) about opening presents. She let us open one and we wouldn't shut up about opening more. She snapped and opened all the gifts for us and then dragged the tree to the burn pile and lit it.

It was a very quiet, somber Christmas morning. My little brother cried like a b&$#@. We never mentioned opening gifts early again.
It got results. Haha Iím gonna have to keep that idea in my back pocket.
Iehooligan11b is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 09:57 AM   #231
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Im expecting my wifes pot head nephew with no job to spring an ultrasound pic on my mother in law by noon today. Swear his waitress girlfriend has a bump and theyve been wearing rings since Thanksgiving.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 10:04 AM   #232
sharkhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davoh View Post
First Christmas after I married my wife. All of my in-laws are pretty great, other than my wife's brother. A real "piece of work", he would spend all his money on his vehicles, then refuse to get anything for his parents or sister. The only reason he got something for his mother, was (and I quote) "Shut [her] the f*** up" (spoken to her face).

Wife and I had just found out that parenthood for us would be a certified miracle, so all the family talk at dinner Christmas Eve, about "when's the kids coming?" was really wearing thin on my wife. Her brother, posts a message on Facebook(while we're at the dinner table, knowing the entire situation) about how happy he is for his sister and her new family, and that he was looking forward to our having kids. And he tags her on facebook, so everyone we know on both sides of the family is getting this notification about it. Both of our phones start blowing up with people saying "OMG CONGRATULATIONS!", to which we have to explain the situation.

My wife at this point is crying, really upset, which leads him to make more offhand comments about how stupid she is. I'm a pretty level headed guy, but admittedly I get a little hot tempered when someone hurts my wife. I start closing distance, when their grandmother(who's 75+ y/o, about 4'10", and maybe a 100 lbs soaking wet) steps in front of me, and quite loudly says(prompting me by my full name), "It's Christmas Eve, so you'll have to just turn the other cheek... (and turns over her shoulder) even if he is being complete ***hole..." This from one of the sweetest little old ladies I'd ever met.

Fast forward nine months, we hadn't spoken to him since that 'event'(a big deal since he and my wife up till we got married, would talk multiple times a day...). We run into him at their parent's place. Apparently he had unplugged a freezer that I'd been keeping in their garage, full of groceries and venison(which all spoiled). She confronts him, and that is responded to with him punching her. I'm not sure how it got to that point. I just hear her from inside the house, scream out "stop, get off of me". I look out to see him man-handling her, throw her face first into the side of his truck(hard enough to for me to hear the "thunk" from inside the house), and punch her in the head. While yelling obscenities about her. I step outside already mad, and yell at him 3 times to get off her, his response was laugh, and hit her again. The 4th time i ordered him to let go, it was backed up with my pistol being drawn. Now that I had his attention, and he was threatening me, the pistol went back in the holster, and placed on the hood of the car.

Yet, I'm the one everyone resents, and no one will bother to talk to me about it.

*shrugs*
Your a better person then me for sure.
sharkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 10:07 AM   #233
sharkhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In the woods

Quote:

Wow !!
sharkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 10:16 AM   #234
Radar
Pope & Young

My uncle Bill is 4 years older than me and we grew up together. He has always been the wilder one and we have some history. Our Christmas Day usually was meeting up,eating dinner around two , gift exchanges and then playing cards and drinking a few.

One year someone brought a couple quarts of corn likker. Bill drank too much and got wild. Dad and me took him outside and put him in the front yard. He was tore up from the floor up and hollering, fighting Indians and acting a fool. Finally he got sick and puked so hard his false teeth fell out. One of the dogs grabbed them teeth and went under the front porch. I could hear the dog crunching up them teeth. We grabbed Bill by his arms drug him up on the porch couch and left him.

The next day Bill was wandering around in the yard looking for them teeth. My grandpa told him that if follered the dog for two days he might get them back. I then had to explain to Bill what happened with them teeth.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #235
tmstuk
Eight Point

Hunt In: Milam County

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
I crop dusted the in-laws at the Christmas dinner table to see who they would blame it on...
Well.......who did they blame it on?
tmstuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #236
justindiehl7
Ten Point

Hunt In: Woodville, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davoh View Post
First Christmas after I married my wife. All of my in-laws are pretty great, other than my wife's brother. A real "piece of work", he would spend all his money on his vehicles, then refuse to get anything for his parents or sister. The only reason he got something for his mother, was (and I quote) "Shut [her] the f*** up" (spoken to her face).

Wife and I had just found out that parenthood for us would be a certified miracle, so all the family talk at dinner Christmas Eve, about "when's the kids coming?" was really wearing thin on my wife. Her brother, posts a message on Facebook(while we're at the dinner table, knowing the entire situation) about how happy he is for his sister and her new family, and that he was looking forward to our having kids. And he tags her on facebook, so everyone we know on both sides of the family is getting this notification about it. Both of our phones start blowing up with people saying "OMG CONGRATULATIONS!", to which we have to explain the situation.

My wife at this point is crying, really upset, which leads him to make more offhand comments about how stupid she is. I'm a pretty level headed guy, but admittedly I get a little hot tempered when someone hurts my wife. I start closing distance, when their grandmother(who's 75+ y/o, about 4'10", and maybe a 100 lbs soaking wet) steps in front of me, and quite loudly says(prompting me by my full name), "It's Christmas Eve, so you'll have to just turn the other cheek... (and turns over her shoulder) even if he is being complete ***hole..." This from one of the sweetest little old ladies I'd ever met.

Fast forward nine months, we hadn't spoken to him since that 'event'(a big deal since he and my wife up till we got married, would talk multiple times a day...). We run into him at their parent's place. Apparently he had unplugged a freezer that I'd been keeping in their garage, full of groceries and venison(which all spoiled). She confronts him, and that is responded to with him punching her. I'm not sure how it got to that point. I just hear her from inside the house, scream out "stop, get off of me". I look out to see him man-handling her, throw her face first into the side of his truck(hard enough to for me to hear the "thunk" from inside the house), and punch her in the head. While yelling obscenities about her. I step outside already mad, and yell at him 3 times to get off her, his response was laugh, and hit her again. The 4th time i ordered him to let go, it was backed up with my pistol being drawn. Now that I had his attention, and he was threatening me, the pistol went back in the holster, and placed on the hood of the car.

Yet, I'm the one everyone resents, and no one will bother to talk to me about it.

*shrugs*

Well did you whoop his arse????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justindiehl7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #237
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Just walked out back to show my wife her new grill and we could hear a really loud obnoxious argument about 200 yards away. Apparently someone did not someone else at their house.i was glad I didn't hear gun shots
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #238
TxAg
Pope & Young

Quote:

Some heroes don't wear capes. Your mom is legit!
TxAg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 03:56 PM   #239
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

Pretty sure I saw the continuation of some domestic violence in George West today when I stopped for some beer.

Lady had a big gash on her face and some old man eventually followed her up there. She yelled at him to get away from her for a bit.

I watched for a little while(praying I wouldn't have to go whoop an old man on christmas) until I realized if she did want to make a get away I was blocking her in.

Figured if she wanted the cops involved neither of them would be at the gas station.

So.. which one of y'all have kin in GW?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-25-2018, 05:06 PM   #240
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
My uncle Bill is 4 years older than me and we grew up together. He has always been the wilder one and we have some history. Our Christmas Day usually was meeting up,eating dinner around two , gift exchanges and then playing cards and drinking a few.

One year someone brought a couple quarts of corn likker. Bill drank too much and got wild. Dad and me took him outside and put him in the front yard. He was tore up from the floor up and hollering, fighting Indians and acting a fool. Finally he got sick and puked so hard his false teeth fell out. One of the dogs grabbed them teeth and went under the front porch. I could hear the dog crunching up them teeth. We grabbed Bill by his arms drug him up on the porch couch and left him.

The next day Bill was wandering around in the yard looking for them teeth. My grandpa told him that if follered the dog for two days he might get them back. I then had to explain to Bill what happened with them teeth.
This sentence says a lot about the family dynamics here Jeff
I mean.....what red blooded God fearing family doesnít have a good couch sitting on their front porch?
Old 12-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #241
Radar
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RascalArms View Post
This sentence says a lot about the family dynamics here Jeff
I mean.....what red blooded God fearing family doesnít have a good couch sitting on their front porch?
Yes sir as far back as I can remember they was a couch on the porch. . I had to go with Bill to get him some more teeth, the man what run the funeral home had big jars full of teeth for sale for cheap. Reckon Bill tried on three or four before he got some that fit and did not make him look all buck toothed.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:53 PM   #242
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Yes sir as far back as I can remember they was a couch on the porch. . I had to go with Bill to get him some more teeth, the man what run the funeral home had big jars full of teeth for sale for cheap. Reckon Bill tried on three or four before he got some that fit and did not make him look all buck toothed.

You ainít right brother
Old 12-25-2018, 06:22 PM   #243
Radar
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RascalArms View Post

You ainít right brother
I got more
Old 12-25-2018, 06:38 PM   #244
Raypo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Many yeas ago
My parents house. My brother and I have the exact same guns Sig P220. I had done some trigger work and my brother wanted me to work on his. So we cover the pool table with a sheet and take his gun apart and work on it for about an hour. Mom calls for us to come eat. We all go eat and my brother goes and puts his gun back together except for the washer in the grip. He has a habit of dropping on in the pipe closing the action and then seating the magazine. Well he does this except the magazine does not go in because the washer is not in the gun. We look for the washer for about an hour and then give up. He then asks me if I felt his trigger. I pick it up-aim at a dot on the side of the pool table and sqeeze of the round in the chamber. round goes through the pool table down into the carpet goes under a wall and comes up out of the carpet in another room and striking my Mom in the collar bone and then bounced up and landed on my wife's head burning the hair and her scalp.
Well the bullet was a hydro-shock and my Mom's collar bone is bleeding from the exposed point and we are thinking it may have fractured her collarbone. We load up and goto the hospital to have X-rays and my brother being an EMT calls ahead and explains what happened. Return from hospital only to have HPD crime scene all over the house. My Mom starts making plates for the Detectives that are talking to my bother and I. Get done talking to us and then state they are headed to the hospital to interview the gunshot victim. My Mom pipes up and says that she is right here. Detectives leave and a Parol Officer stays around while Crime Scene gets everything. Patrol Officer stays around for a few hours and sits and eats evening meal with family and we even had him say the prayer for the meal. My Mom fixes him a plate of cookies and pie and fixes him a large glass of milk to take with him. Patrol Officer takes plate but refuses milk saying he didn't want to take her container. About 15 minutes later our doorbell rings and it is the Patrol Officer saying everything is closed and he will be happy with a glass of milk. We all laughed and he came in and played cards and spent another hour or two at the house. He stopped by my parents house every Christmas after that until he retired

So I guess we qualify- I shot my Mom and wife on Christmas.
You win!
Raypo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2018, 12:35 AM   #245
BBRU
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere....

One of the best threads ever....
BBRU is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2018, 08:33 AM   #246
Raypo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

After reading the majority of these stories.... my family isn’t too bad, great therapy.
Raypo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #247
aclark0495
Eight Point

Hunt In: Alto, Texas

Wasted my first hr at work reading these. I just THOUGHT my family was crazy. THese take the cake for sure.
aclark0495 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2018, 10:12 AM   #248
Texas8point
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Buffalo and Juno, Texas

All yall losers with your crazy families !!!! hahahahaha Im totally kidding..... I can relate to so many of these stories its funny and sad at the same time.
Idiot cousins, addicted sister, experimental food dishes..... Thanks for the laughs.
Texas8point is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #249
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

Mine was good this year, but last year was one for the books. I drove 1000 miles just to whip my FIL butt in his own driveway then spend Christmas day in the ER after my daughter had a scooter accident.
Hoggslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2018, 10:56 AM   #250
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
Mine was good this year, but last year was one for the books. I drove 1000 miles just to whip my FIL butt in his own driveway then spend Christmas day in the ER after my daughter had a scooter accident.

Dang Jay.. got any video? At least a story....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top