Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-29-2015, 12:06 AM   #101
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Awesome.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:08 AM   #102
junkmanhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Santo / anywhere invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-fin View Post
My wife and I got one of the nephews a really nice po-go stick, like professional grade rig. Well his mom, my big fat SIL decides she gonna demo the stic, in living room, starts on one side of living room and 2 po-go's later it launches her into the huge Christmas tree!! I swear she hits her head on ceiling before she comes down on top of BIG tree. Wipes out tree, ornaments broken everywhere, tv gets broke, a few gifts laying around get wiped out. If I only would have video, did I mention she is BIG girl!! Kids crying, adults laughing, kids laughing, unbelievable!! My stomach still hurts!! Good **** right there!!
Someone has t on have this on video..that would be an instant hit
junkmanhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:11 AM   #103
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Mom got drunk and dad got drunk....

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2162
Size:  98.1 KB

REK at the House of Blues singing about a dysfunctional Xmas.
Anvilheadtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:17 AM   #104
cwill
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Reed View Post
I haves inn r ear deals n makes my words not straights as some but I like I say I save tree n gift for youngins n maw was happy house n tree still safe. Tree was n new shape so can be used next years for sure. Thanks.

Last edited by cwill; 12-29-2015 at 12:19 AM.
cwill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:29 AM   #105
wtb90
Ten Point

Hunt In: Somerville

Quote:
I haves inn r ear deals n makes my words not straights as some but I like I say I save tree n gift for youngins n maw was happy house n tree still safe. Tree was n new shape so can be used next years for sure. Thanks.
Do ur inn r ear deals effect ur typin?
wtb90 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 02:22 AM   #106
dope hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Throckmorton

[quote=garr;10920693]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davoh View Post
^^^^^^^^ wise words spoken there....

Nothing virtuous about it. He's about 6'7", and works for the rail road. That's not a fight i want to be in. Two things will happen. Either he'll whip me, or i'll seriously hurt him. Lose-lose for me. I only wanted the threat ended.

Sorry, can't hold my tongue, but you sir, are one huge freaking coward!!! You spin it however you choose, but you are still a giant, magnificent coward! You allowed a grown man to beat the he$l out of your wife, while you watched issuing verbal warnings??? You ought to be completely ashamed of yourself as a husband number 1, and a man in general number 2!

Truth known, her family might have gained an ounce of respect for you if you had beat him down! Since you acted like a true coward and issued "verbal" warnings, you have no respect from them at all.

You owe your wife a massive apology for not defending her, and also being a complete sissy in her time of need!

You may want to consider counseling for (a) being dumb enough to share this story on a public forum, and (b) having absolutely zero intestinal fortitude, even when your wife is being thrashed by another man. Either way, you are miles upon miles from being a man! He's 6'7 you said? So how tall does a man have to be while beating your wife before you just turn and run and hide????

What a disgrace.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1451373924920.jpg
Views: 2154
Size:  10.9 KB
dope hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 02:49 AM   #107
Hookem84
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Llano county

Wow great thread! Don't have anything near as dysfunctional to add.
Hookem84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 07:44 AM   #108
Davoh
Ten Point

Hunt In: In my imagination...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeghunts View Post
You let a man hit your wife in front of you and all you did was point a gun at him? I agree with one of the other guys that you should've beat him down with a 2x4 or something. You should never let something like that go unpunished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catslayer View Post
... I don't know if I coulda shot him... but I'd have found a tire iron....Pistol whipped him or something... your a bigger man than me, he wouldn't be allowed on property with me or my wife any more... If that means not seeing mom screw it.
No amount of butt-whippin will do anyone any good. The boy hasn't had his but whipped a day in his life... doing so now only causes bigger problems. Funny how everyone's answer is always to lose their temper and pound someone into the ground. Sure are some tough guys around here hiding behind keyboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARR View Post
Sorry, can't hold my tongue, but you sir, are one huge freaking coward!!! You spin it however you choose, but you are still a giant, magnificent coward! You allowed a grown man to beat the he$l out of your wife, while you watched issuing verbal warnings??? You ought to be completely ashamed of yourself as a husband number 1, and a man in general number 2!

Truth known, her family might have gained an ounce of respect for you if you had beat him down! Since you acted like a true coward and issued "verbal" warnings, you have no respect from them at all.

You owe your wife a massive apology for not defending her, and also being a complete sissy in her time of need!

You may want to consider counseling for (A) being dumb enough to share this story on a public forum, and (B) having absolutely zero intestinal fortitude, even when your wife is being thrashed by another man. Either way, you are miles upon miles from being a man! He's 6'7 you said? So how tall does a man have to be while beating your wife before you just turn and run and hide????

What a disgrace.
There are no words to describe the absolute distaste your disrespect leaves in my mouth. I've not read a worse spewage of neanderthal retardedness since I outgrew 4chan at age 12. Grow up and learn about the real world...

You're an awful tough guy sitting behind your keyboard judging others. Keeping a calm head and ending the threat, regardless if you're capable of understanding the concept, is the right thing to do. Some of us don't get off on revenge fantasies like so many of you guys seem to.

The threat was ended, and without either one of us getting seriously injured. If that is beyond your lizard-brain level of comprehension, that's not my problem.
Davoh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 07:55 AM   #109
cattlelackranch
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masmak View Post
Go see my MIL this week for Xmas. Everyone is sitting around catching up, and my SIL tells us her FIL accidentally shot himself earlier that day. Apparently was showing off his gun cleaning skills to the family. Multiple people and newborn in the room. He got lucky, only 13 stitches needed in his hand. Glad we didn't go there!!

Jose conseco your in-law?
cattlelackranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 08:22 AM   #110
jmeghunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davoh View Post
No amount of butt-whippin will do anyone any good. The boy hasn't had his but whipped a day in his life... doing so now only causes bigger problems. Funny how everyone's answer is always to lose their temper and pound someone into the ground. Sure are some tough guys around here hiding behind keyboards.

There are no words to describe the absolute distaste your disrespect leaves in my mouth. I've not read a worse spewage of neanderthal retardedness since I outgrew 4chan at age 12. Grow up and learn about the real world...

You're an awful tough guy sitting behind your keyboard judging others. Keeping a calm head and ending the threat, regardless if you're capable of understanding the concept, is the right thing to do. Some of us don't get off on revenge fantasies like so many of you guys seem to.

The threat was ended, and without either one of us getting seriously injured. If that is beyond your lizard-brain level of comprehension, that's not my problem.
I don't want to derail this thread so I will just say that we are going to disagree on who is hiding behind what.
jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 08:43 AM   #111
Davoh
Ten Point

Ain't that edit button a wonderful thing. Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year!
Old 12-29-2015, 08:57 AM   #112
MisterSanders
Ten Point

Hunt In: Chambers, Bandera, Batson, Sonora

Here we go
MisterSanders is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 08:59 AM   #113
BBRU
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere....

[quote=GARR;10920693]
Quote:
^^^^^^^^ Wise words spoken there....

Nothing virtuous about it. He's about 6'7", and works for the rail road. That's not a fight I want to be in. Two things will happen. Either he'll whip me, or I'll seriously hurt him. lose-lose for me. I only wanted the threat ended.

You may want to consider counseling for (A) being dumb enough to share this story on a public forum, and (B) having absolutely zero intestinal fortitude, even when your wife is being thrashed by another man. Either way, you are miles upon miles from being a man! He's 6'7 you said? So how tall does a man have to be while beating your wife before you just turn and run and hide????

What a disgrace.

Good post.
BBRU is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 09:03 AM   #114
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ain't that edit button a wonderful thing. Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year!
I'm not judging you by any means because I understand that when faced with situations directly, talking is worthless. Saying what you would do, and doing what you said are 2 completely different things.

That being said, if I were you, I would have a different plan than what you did if ever faced with a similar situation.

If you'd like to discuss via PM, Im available.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 09:18 AM   #115
jer_james
Pope & Young

I've got a little bit of a crazy Family on my Dad's side :

Uncle jumped on my Dad once because he couldn't take a ribbing. That didn't end well for my then Uncle (since divorced).

Another Uncle brought his Finace' in the house, and announced that his Mom (my Gma) and Step Dad (technically Gpa, but not really) had told him that he could come to Christmas Eve, but she wasn't invited. The rest of the Family (2 sisters and my Dad) were not aware of this and all gathered everything and walked out.

We dont really speak to the Gma or do any Family events. All the Aunts and Uncles and Cousins are extremely close, but the Gma has chosen to exclude themselves since that event.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 10:46 AM   #116
Tejas Wildlife
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where ever I happen to be!

PLEASE tell me that this thread will continue into "&$%# that happened to me on New Years Eve"!!! My wife is recovering in the hospital and the nurses can't figure out how I can laugh and cry at the same time. I just thought I had a crazy family!!! Keep them coming.
Tejas Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 11:04 AM   #117
GARR
Eight Point

Hunt In: Crockett County

Quote:

What were you hiding behind while issuing verbal warnings? You are the last person who should say someone else is hiding behind anything. Lose their temper you say? A MAN WAS BEATING YOUR WIFE IN FRONT OF YOU!! Temper be danged, I don't know a soul who would watch this take place.

I know all about the real world hoss, maybe you need to learn about it? I'm a neanderthal for stating I would not stand by and watch a man beat my wife, ummm okay???

Keeping a calm head while watching your wife get throttled is also known as being scared. You ended the threat, but after what damage was done to her? And since there were no consequences for the actor, it will most likely happen again sometime. When it does, remember to stay calm and use your words.

So, the threat was ended with only your WIFE taking a beating from a man, and you feel this is a success? You, nor her brother was seriously injured, but she was, mission accomplished?? Read what you type. And you say I have a lizard brain, yeah okay pal, lol.
GARR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 11:04 AM   #118
Harry_Reed
Banned!!!

Hunt In: West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtb90 View Post
Do ur inn r ear deals effect ur typin?

Oh. Thanks.
Harry_Reed is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #119
Davoh
Ten Point

Quote:
So, the threat was ended with only your WIFE taking a beating from a man, and you feel this is a success? You, nor her brother was seriously injured, but she was, mission accomplished?? Read what you type. And you say I have a lizard brain, yeah okay pal, lol.

Unlike you my friend, who are so overflowing with alpha male bravado that you feel the need to belittle someone over the internet with your own archaic machismo, I am not intimidated, and am willing to admit that I have no ability to go toe to toe with someone in better physical condition than myself. The end result of such a CF would be him in serious condition at a hospital. I can't punch for crap, but I can break limbs, which is what that would devolve to. Maybe you're ok with that, but personally, I prefer to use my brain instead of putting the spoiled golden child of two decorated police officers in the hospital. I have more respect for them, than to do that.

My wife took a couple hits and slaps to the head. Humiliating and painful. How does that compare to broken bones, debilitating broken limbs, hospital bills and lost work.

I'm not the one calling someone a coward, and less of a man, because they choose to use their brain to think long-term.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:48 AM   #120
Davoh
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I'm not judging you by any means because I understand that when faced with situations directly, talking is worthless. Saying what you would do, and doing what you said are 2 completely different things.

That being said, if I were you, I would have a different plan than what you did if ever faced with a similar situation.

If you'd like to discuss via PM, Im available.
A thoughtful and respectful criticism, which I welcome. Will pm.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #121
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjet View Post
I have no stories to tell, but am sure my family does.

I did take a guinea hen to a Christmas party once.

Do y'all still keep in touch?
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #122
BBRU
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere....

Quote:
Unlike you my friend, who are so overflowing with alpha male bravado that you feel the need to belittle someone over the internet with your own archaic machismo, I am not intimidated, and am willing to admit that I have no ability to go toe to toe with someone in better physical condition than myself. The end result of such a CF would be him in serious condition at a hospital. I can't punch for crap, but I can break limbs, which is what that would devolve to. Maybe you're ok with that, but personally, I prefer to use my brain instead of putting the spoiled golden child of two decorated police officers in the hospital. I have more respect for them, than to do that.

My wife took a couple hits and slaps to the head. Humiliating and painful. How does that compare to broken bones, debilitating broken limbs, hospital bills and lost work.

I'm not the one calling someone a coward, and less of a man, because they choose to use their brain to think long-term.
Just a question, had you not been there, and your BIL put your wife in the hospital, would you feel the same way? Highly unlikely.........Archaic machismo has nothing to do with defending your wife against some guy/brother beating on your wife. There is no doubt if another man even tried to lay his hands on my wife, things would end badly, possibly for both of us.

Last edited by BBRU; 12-29-2015 at 12:07 PM.
BBRU is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:04 PM   #123
Throwin Darts
Pope & Young

Quote:

This thread is too good to get locked down. You guys take it over to PM so that the rest of us can keep enjoying it!
Throwin Darts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:10 PM   #124
Davoh
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRU View Post
Just a question, had you not been there, and your BIL put your wife in the hospital, would you feel the same way? Archaic machismo has nothing to do with defending your wife against some guy/brother beating on your wife. There is no doubt if another man even tried to lay his hands on my wife, things would end badly, possibly for both of us.
Thoughtful question gets thoughtful response. Had he put her in the hospital, he would be in jail. Would I feel the same, absolutely not. Doesn't mean I would give in to the anger and vengeful recompense.

Fortunately, I was there, and I was able to pull his attention off of her, avoiding your thought experiment.

Once she was out if harms way, I put the gun away, and invited him to pursue matters further. He declined. It was a taunt to get him off of her.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #125
Davoh
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
This thread is too good to get locked down. You guys take it over to PM so that the rest of us can keep enjoying it!
I've been worried about that too bud. My apologies. Something about being a called a chicken, though. I'll leave the rage-baiters alone from now on, and play nice.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:14 PM   #126
GARR
Eight Point

Quote:

I guess the 2 decorated officers have no respect for their daughter either then. And I can promise you, they have zero respect for you.

I guess ask your wife the next time this happens and escalates to her having bones broken.

Some people think, some people do, some people do both. I pray that you are never in a really bad situation.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #127
Birddog66
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
I would be divorced.

Last edited by Birddog66; 12-29-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Birddog66 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #128
Davoh
Ten Point

Quote:
Some people think, some people do, some people do both. I pray that you are never in a really bad situation.
I appreciate the prayers. happy new years, brother.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #129
Davoh
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog66 View Post
I would be divorced.
You guys amuse me. Guess I'm lucky to have a woman I my life who values protection more than junk measuring.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #130
SETXoutdoorsman
Six Point

Hunt In: Brownwood, TX

Gone 21 years without being in a fight (besides my older bro) and thought if I have gone this long then I wouldn't get in a fight ever but some of the BIL and uncle stories have me thinking that when I get married the chance is real hahaha
SETXoutdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:34 PM   #131
Russ81
Pope & Young

In regards to Harry so's he's on the level...

"Er'body has ar plan.... till de git nocked tha buck out."

~ Abraham Lincoln

Happy New Years Davoh, Bil will get knocked down a peg one day. Just report back how it was that other guys fault they didn't know he was such a good boy
Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 12:34 PM   #132
Davoh
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SETXoutdoorsman View Post
Gone 21 years without being in a fight (besides my older bro) and thought if I have gone this long then I wouldn't get in a fight ever but some of the BIL and uncle stories have me thinking that when I get married the chance is real hahaha
Haha... Same for me... Been 15 years since I'd let any altercation go beyond words.

I still say women are the most destructive force possible in a man's life. Make him do things twas never before considered. For better or worse, there's nearly always destruction involved.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #133
Davoh
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ81 View Post
In regards to Harry so's he's on the level...

"Er'body has ar plan.... till de git nocked tha buck out."

~ Abraham Lincoln

Happy New Years Davoh, Bil will get knocked down a peg one day. Just report back how it was that other guys fault they didn't know he was such a good boy
Wife and I are hoping...
Old 12-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #134
GARR
Eight Point

Quote:
I appreciate the prayers. happy new years, brother.
Happy New Year to you as well.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:00 PM   #135
Birddog66
Ten Point

Quote:
You guys amuse me. Guess I'm lucky to have a woman I my life who values protection more than junk measuring.
I was being honest, it has nothing to do with junk measuring and you did a horrible job protecting your wife.

On top of that you broke the cardinal sin on pulling a firearm. If your going to pull a gun you better be ready to use it. I don't think you were. If you were "worried" about breaking your BIL arm or leg than how were you possibly going to shot him? Honest question?
Old 12-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #136
Ętheling
Pope & Young

Quote:
^^^^

This guy is awesome.
Ętheling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #137
CEO
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, MO, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
^^^^

This guy is awesome.
Harry_Reed is my new favorite poster.
CEO is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:04 PM   #138
Davoh
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog66 View Post
I was being honest, it has nothing to do with junk measuring and you did a horrible job protecting your wife.

On top of that you broke the cardinal sin on pulling a firearm. If your going to pull a gun you better be ready to use it. I don't think you were. If you were "worried" about breaking your BIL arm or leg than how were you possibly going to shot him? Honest question?
Not to split hairs, but I was taught to never point a gun at anything you're not willing to destroy. Make no mistake, I was ready and willing to use the weapon. Just because I had no interest in breaking him, doesn't mean I wasn't prepared for its use if he didn't back off.

Cops would have done the same thing, only much later, if it's called them.

At the end of the day, it's a tool, owned to defend my wife. It earned its keep that day.

Last edited by Davoh; 12-29-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:14 PM   #139
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

I guess my family is pretty functional.....bordering on boring.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:15 PM   #140
lodgepole
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Little River Bottom
Default any good disfunctional family christmas stories

Quote:
Not to split hairs, but I was taught to never point a gun at anything you're not willing to destroy. Make no mistake, I was ready and willing to use the weapon. Just because I had no interest in breaking him, doesn't mean I wasn't prepared for its use if he didn't back off.

Cops would have done the same thing, only much later, if it's called them.

At the end of the day, it's a tool, owned to defend my wife. It earned its keep that day.

That's arguable.

I would NEVER let any one lay a finger on my wife. I don't care who it was or how big they are. And I would never pull my gun unless I was going to pull the trigger.

Some people...smdh.

For what it is worth I have been in a similar situation. My ex-wifes brother came home drunk one night. Got into an argument with the ex, and started to push her and get rough. I came out of the bathroom and saw this. Threw the ex-Bil through the screen door. Problem solved. He got to sober up in the county drunk tank.

Last edited by lodgepole; 12-29-2015 at 01:20 PM.
lodgepole is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #141
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I guess my family is pretty functional.....bordering on boring.
That is because your family is scared of what you would do if anybody got out of line.

Happy New Year Dale.
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:26 PM   #142
T_Sebastian
Four Point

Hunt In: Cleveland TX

Ok...I'll play

This was back in 1996, my "then-wife" and I were at her Mom and Dad's apartment Christmas Eve night. As things always seemed to go with that particular set of inlaws, there was a little disagreement. I cant even remember what it was, but I recall it was fairly insignificant. To avoid any other words about it, I walked outside to have a smoke and get away from the arguing. After a few minutes, my (now ex) wife walks outside and shes still a little upset from the bickering that was taking place inside. Well, wouldnt you know it, we get in our own little argument outside the apartment, in the parking lot. Her mom sees us arguing, and still pee'd off, she comes up behind me and starts punching me in the back of the head. Now, keep in mind, I at no point saw her come outside. I had no idea who was hitting me. All I knew was I was getting hit, and fairly hard at that. In one fluid motion, I spun around and threw a left cross, blindly, in an attempt to hit "whoever" was punching me. Well, as my luck would have it, I connected. Wound up breaking her jaw, and blinding her in one eye.

Being that it was a woman, the cops couldnt really see my side of it, and I wound doing 16 days in the county lock up, on a class B assault case.

The ex and I actually stayed together another 17 years. I figured that would be the end of us, but it wasnt. The end was finding her in bed with a 17 year old boy, about a week before Christmas, back in 2012. Being that we had a 18 year old son, and this was his best friend at the time, I was disgusted to the point, I decided to just cut my losses, hopped on the Harley with only a change of clothes and my Kimber, and never went back.

That, my friends, is real disfunction...lol
T_Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:28 PM   #143
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

I was on TBH one year, and its considered a family of sorts... and there was guys telling another guy how much of a man he wasn't for doing something in a situation he was telling a story about on TBH and how they would have handled it differently and there was insinuations of internet toughguyitis, and more lack of brains talk then there were PM's , hugs, and new year happiness...
oh and some drunk guy typing is everyones new bestie.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:28 PM   #144
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Sebastian View Post
Ok...I'll play

This was back in 1996, my "then-wife" and I were at her Mom and Dad's apartment Christmas Eve night. As things always seemed to go with that particular set of inlaws, there was a little disagreement. I cant even remember what it was, but I recall it was fairly insignificant. To avoid any other words about it, I walked outside to have a smoke and get away from the arguing. After a few minutes, my (now ex) wife walks outside and shes still a little upset from the bickering that was taking place inside. Well, wouldnt you know it, we get in our own little argument outside the apartment, in the parking lot. Her mom sees us arguing, and still pee'd off, she comes up behind me and starts punching me in the back of the head. Now, keep in mind, I at no point saw her come outside. I had no idea who was hitting me. All I knew was I was getting hit, and fairly hard at that. In one fluid motion, I spun around and threw a left cross, blindly, in an attempt to hit "whoever" was punching me. Well, as my luck would have it, I connected. Wound up breaking her jaw, and blinding her in one eye.

Being that it was a woman, the cops couldnt really see my side of it, and I wound doing 16 days in the county lock up, on a class B assault case.

The ex and I actually stayed together another 17 years. I figured that would be the end of us, but it wasnt. The end was finding her in bed with a 17 year old boy, about a week before Christmas, back in 2012. Being that we had a 18 year old son, and this was his best friend at the time, I was disgusted to the point, I decided to just cut my losses, hopped on the Harley with only a change of clothes and my Kimber, and never went back.

I think you are the new winner! Sorry about the bad luck.
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #145
Davoh
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
I was on TBH one year, and its considered a family of sorts... and there was guys telling another guy how much of a man he wasn't for doing something in a situation he was telling a story about on TBH and how they would have handled it differently and there was insinuations of internet toughguyitis, and more lack of brains talk then there were PM's , hugs, and new year happiness...
Old 12-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #146
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwitaplan View Post
That is because your family is scared of what you would do if anybody got out of line.

Happy New Year Dale.
Or maybe they are all waiting on me to snap! If you can't spot the dysfunctional family member in the room......

Happy New Year to you as well!
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #147
Scubasteveo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Kennard,anywhere else I can mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post

Haha THIS^^^^
Scubasteveo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 02:44 PM   #148
wtb90
Ten Point

Hunt In: Somerville

Quote:
Ok...I'll play

Yep. New winner
wtb90 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #149
Birddog66
Ten Point

Quote:
Ok...I'll play

Drops mic and walks off stage....
Old 12-29-2015, 03:05 PM   #150
Death from Above
Pope & Young

It ain't he Holidays unless the popo shows up!
Death from Above is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top