1st SpaceX manned flight . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st SpaceX manned flight . .

Tomorrow . . 230pm . . What happens when you take the govt out of things? . .

Im looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
      Yes, they have developed a lot of stuff on their own, but the government is still involved in a much larger way than you think. They are Hauling NASA astronauts so NASA pretty much runs the show on if it flies or not. Still looking forward to it.

Comment

My grandfather put the first private rocket into space. He called it privately funded, but the govt and NASA sure did have their fingers all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
          Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          Yes, they have developed a lot of stuff on their own, but the government is still involved in a much larger way than you think. They are Hauling NASA astronauts so NASA pretty much runs the show on if it flies or not. Still looking forward to it.
          Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
          My grandfather put the first private rocket into space. He called it privately funded, but the govt and NASA sure did have their fingers all over it.
          I worked 2 years for a private company building a prototype rocket. When it was getting close to being done, NASA stuck their nose in. The owner wouldn't play NASA's game and NASA basically put the company out of business. So, the government does have a say in it.

Comment

A friend of ours writes the computer programs for SpaceX. We call him our rocket scientist buddy. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Who has been hauling people/supplies to the international space station?

Or is it occupied by alien squatters?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Who has been hauling people/supplies to the international space station?

Or is it occupied by alien squatters?
                Most us the supplies go up on the JAX (Japaneses space agency) HTV unmanned transporter. Russia fairies our astronauts to and from for a small fee.
                Not as small as they said they would before we decommissioned the shuttle. I saw that one coming a mile away.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  I worked 2 years for a private company building a prototype rocket. When it was getting close to being done, NASA stuck their nose in. The owner wouldn't play NASA's game and NASA basically put the company out of business. So, the government does have a say in it.
                  Beal?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    Beal?
                    Yep.

Comment

In the area I live in we have several NASA employees. I have one at the end of our cul-de-sac that is heavily involved in the launch. She gave us a brochure that explains everything about the launch and the ISS, it's very interesting. We had several rocket scientists in the area and one astronaut, Fred Haise of Apollo 13 fame, he wasn't a pleasure to be around.

Comment

Im proud we are sending our own people back into space.

That being said, Elon Musk has NEVER done anything without heavy government help.

Comment

One oclock our time. Just hit record.................

Comment

I will be tuned in as usual...……. but I have a 3:30 pm time.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                              Elon Musk has NEVER done anything without heavy government help.
                              Maybe the government helped him name his kid...……...LOL!!!https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ls-look-better

Comment

Working...
                              X