Jupiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jupiter

May be a post already. I didn’t see one when I searched “Jupiter” … apologies if I missed it
    But
    In the Eastern sky(low to the horizon right now) Jupiter is closer than it’s been in close to 60 years and won’t be this close again for close to a century and a half
    Supposedly you’ll be able to see its 4 biggest moons as well

I just gave it a look and it’s the brightest object by far in the southeast Texas sky.

Wish I could take pics but my hands are too shaky
    Last edited by K. Lane; 09-26-2022, 07:10 PM.

So are the two moons very close to Jupiter kinda to the lower left? I guess I’m looking at Jupiter, front of my house faces straight east, clear sky, very bright star just to the south of east.

Comment

Used my scope to get a good look
      3 moons lower left
      1 was upper right

Comment

Yup viewed with binos that's pretty cool

Comment

Nice. Thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
            So are the two moons very close to Jupiter kinda to the lower left? I guess I’m looking at Jupiter, front of my house faces straight east, clear sky, very bright star just to the south of east.

That’s it.

Comment

Download the SkyView app. Just point your phone towards the sky

Comment

Very cool. Easier than I thought to find it. Saw all 4 moons with 10x binos. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Saw it last night after football practice but didn't know what it was. Will it be the same tonight?

Comment

Went out with my daughter’s cheapo telescope and could see the bands on Jupiter and the four moons, thanks for posting.
                    Last edited by JES; 09-28-2022, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Interesting. I'll have to get the telescope out tonight. I live way out in the country and have pretty good clean night sky.

Comment

Working...
                      X