Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Neck Impact Upper Body Workout??

Low Neck Impact Upper Body Workout??

Nursing a C5-C6 neck/nerve issue back to health, really wanting to at least keep a workout going through PT and Dry Needling Rehab.

Looking for low neck impact workouts with dumbbells and resistance bands.

PT has given a small group of exercises and has approved light weights 5-15lbs.

Anyone who experienced similar C5-C6 cervical radiculopathy issues and have an upper body workout routine they can share?

Mine definitely is caused/irritated by overhead exercise per my history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump

Comment

Well all kinds of nerve systems go into the neck. Run from hands directly up arm into neck- I’d suggest trying light weights and focus on core exercises. I know I’m not much help but I’d just be extremely careful with spinal type injuries without professional diagnosis and testing

With that said if you have a band and a chair you can sit in chair and stabilize run band behind you and “bench press”. Run band under chair feet and curls. Sit in chair - hook band to door and grab band across body and do reverse fly motion for scapula- rear delt.
      Last edited by glen; 09-04-2022, 03:52 PM.

Comment

It took me over 6 months to get back to almost normal, and over a year to nearly normal. Been 5yrs now, and my left arm is still weaker than it should be!!!!

Good luck with your recovery! For that first 6 months, I thought I may never hunt with a bow again!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Leg Workout? No neck involved unless you do squats and you can substitute leg extensions or single leg work which is better for most people. That will ive those discs extra time to heal.

Comment

Not a doctor. Time to take a break from weights for a while
            Not sure of your age, but it won’t take too long to get back to shape once you recover fully.

Ruined my shoulders doing military presses behind my neck as a kid

Comment

This may be worth looking into.

Iron Neck provides a versatile solution to improve strength and mobility, relieve chronic pain and prevent injuries to the head, neck and spine.

Comment

Seated exercises will definitely take the pressure off the thoracic spine. Maybe walks with very light dumbbells?

Comment

Working...
                X