Best Fish Fry Mix(Crappie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Fish Fry Mix(Crappie)

What is yall's favorite brand or recipe?

Iv taken a liking to the cajun Louisiana (thanks hogslayer78). Mustard and hotsauce slurry for the fish, soak, then throw in a batter bowl.

Comment

Get the Beer Batter in a package and mix with club soda. It my go to now. Did the mustard/hot sauce with dry batter for years. Don’t do it anymore

Comment

Tons of options that I like
        Corn meal with salt and lemon pepper
        Egg bath-Flour-egg bath-panko
        Mustard and Crushed Saltine Crackers
        HEB Seasoned Frying Flour
        Louisiana Seasoned Fish Fry

Comment

Crappie must taste like $...$ if you have to do all that. My suggestion is corn meal, then salt and pepper, see if you think it needs more, if yes, then stir up some nice condiments and decide.

Comment

Forgot - if you don’t like the “Fish & Chips” style don’t do as I suggested. I prefer it and I actually like LJS batter

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
              Iv taken a liking to the cajun Louisiana (thanks hogslayer78). Mustard and hotsauce slurry for the fish, soak, then throw in a batter bowl.
              This!! I’m way better looking than hogslayer78 BTW! Cut the fish in strips so they all cook even. Those Houston slabs cook way quicker than the NE Tx slabs! Don’t forget the fried corn and clean the oil up with the fried biscuits!

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
                Crappie must taste like $...$ if you have to do all that. My suggestion is corn meal, then salt and pepper, see if you think it needs more, if yes, then stir up some nice condiments and decide.
                Phil Robertson cooked me crappie in mustard and hot sauce for the first time and I gave him hell’. Said these are crappie! Not Buffalo and Gar! You don’t need to do all that to em and he smiled and looked at me and said I know! Can you imagine how good they’re gonna taste? I didn’t have an answer for that! Kinda like when he says maybe there’s no God and I’m wrong? But what if I’m right? Can’t argue that one either!

Comment

Y’all talk amongst yourselves until Snowflake Killa comes in and gives y’all the answer hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post

This is what we do as well. I use crystal hot sauce, yellow mustard and season the fish with some cajun seasoning.

Comment

Do you’re a tartar sauce kinda guy….

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Y’all talk amongst yourselves until Snowflake Killa comes in and gives y’all the answer hands down.
                        Lmao! He doesn’t have to cut his in strips!!

Comment

My favorite is Marque’s Best Cajun Seafood Breading you can order it online. Had it last year gor the first time and it was some of the best fried fish ive ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            Lmao! He doesn’t have to cut his in strips!!
                            Oh y’all gonna get ole Pat rattlin here in a minute.

Comment

My Man !

1/2 Peanut oil, 1/2 corn oil

Comment

Working...
                              X