Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just for fun and my curiosity, how much would you pay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for fun and my curiosity, how much would you pay...

I know the answers will vary, and I will try to give as much detail as I can, but I want to know what you would pay for 1.27 acres in Kansas? (yes you read that right)

This piece of property can be bought, but It's not currently listed. I've already offered $5k plus closing costs and they didn't want to mess with it at that price.

I know for a fact, there is a 145-150" ten ptr on it right now (have him on my camera), and there was a 195" killed on the adjacent property in 2020. (awesome genetics for this area). The 1.27 acres backs up to 1,500 hundred acres of woods, with great neighbors who hunt and manage it right. On the other side of the 1.27 acres is an 400 acre bean field that gets planted every year. It also has a major creek funneling through the middle of the 1.27 acres that connects to a major river system about a mile away.... I wouldn't hesitate to say that 9/10 years, you would have a 145" or better on camera to hunt. And yes I know it's tiny, but the neighbors won't have any issue with you blood trailing a deer if he jumps the fence.

So my question is, what would you pay to own a piece of ground like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      For an acre and a third???

Comment

Lol nothing,

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
          I know the answers will vary, and I will try to give as much detail as I can, but I want to know what you would pay for 1.27 acres in Kansas? (yes you read that right)

This piece of property can be bought, but It's not currently listed. I've already offered $5k plus closing costs and they didn't want to mess with it at that price.

I know for a fact, there is a 145-150" ten ptr on it right now (have him on my camera), and there was a 195" killed on the adjacent property in 2020. (awesome genetics for this area). The 1.27 acres backs up to 1,500 hundred acres of woods, with great neighbors who hunt and manage it right. On the other side of the 1.27 acres is an 400 acre bean field that gets planted every year. It also has a major creek funneling through the middle of the 1.27 acres that connects to a major river system about a mile away.... I wouldn't hesitate to say that 9/10 years, you would have a 145" or better on camera to hunt. And yes I know it's tiny, but the neighbors won't have any issue with you blood trailing a deer if he jumps the fence.

So my question is, what would you pay to own a piece of ground like this?
          What are the comps for the area? Start there and then make your decision. I wouldn't stop thinking of it as an investment and make your decision based on investment potential only. The fact that it is in a prime spot is secondary and a bonus for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            For an acre and a third???
            1-1/3 around here could cost you $50K.

Comment

A guided hunt will cost you $5k per year easy. I'd think 15-20k could be very reasonable considering the spot it's in.

Comment

Those same neighbors in Texas would fence that acre out in a heartbeat. Worthless if that happens.

Comment

Just offer a 10 year lease at $500 per year. Then they don't have to mess w anything, you get your deer for a bargain, they keep the land, everyone is happy.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    Those same neighbors in Texas would fence that acre out in a heartbeat. Worthless if that happens.
                    yep. happens around here.

guy bought 5 acres and thought he was going to have hunters paradise with multiple blinds and feeders. after a few shots did not end at the fence line.... the neighbors backed off a foot from his property line at put a high fence on three sides with only a little county road frontage.

they may have been back but no more shooting was heard

my house sits on 5 acres and i wouldn't dream of shooting deer at it but that's me. and they're walking across my back yard creek all the time
                    Last edited by W E H; 08-16-2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                      Just offer a 10 year lease at $500 per year. Then they don't have to mess w anything, you get your deer for a bargain, they keep the land, everyone is happy.
                      seem reasonable

Comment

"Recreational Land" is going for $6000 to $7000 an acre here in SE Iowa. Fortunately we bought our 63 acres here for $1500 an acre in 2010.

A guy from New Hampshire bought a 1/4 acre up the road from us for $17,000 recently. It has a old one room schoolhouse on it and a pretty nice 30x40 pole barn which makes the price make a lot more sense. He told one of my neighbors he bought it to establish Iowa residency. I guess he doesn't realize that is not possible unless he actually lives here for 6 months, has a Iowa driver's licence, has Iowa vehicle registration, has proof of two utility bills, has s proof of employment or retirement, and the list goes on just short of giving blood. Ask me how I know.[emoji1]Our county DNR conservation officer (game warden) eats breakfast with my neighbor several times a week. He is already aware of this guy and is just waiting for him to try to hunt illegally.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                          Lol nothing,
                          ditto

Comment

up to 1.5-2X what land values are per acre for 10-20 acres in that area
                            Last edited by BrianL; 08-16-2022, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I’d try real hard to just lease it. Ask them what they would charge for you to set up one feeder and stand.

You don’t have room to do anything more than that.

I wouldn’t buy it. I’d also be very careful how I approach the land to hunt it. The deer will hear your drive up. If possible I’d park down the street and walk in.
                              No interest in buying it though if they already turned down $5,000. Maybe offer $1,000 a year for the lease

Comment

Working...
                              X