dry well - now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dry well - now what?

My well is projected to be dry in about 2 months. Never been on a well- what do you do? I'll let the yard completely go now (been watering once per week).
    Rain will recharge, I know.

I hear it's expensive to go deeper?

Stock pile drinking water?

I have a 1000 gallon tank - once it goes dry, do I call someone to fill my tank for essentials?

Can’t go deeper with current well you would need a whole new one. Quite watering grass, it will be fine. But a cheap pool and fill it instead if your worried about drinking water long term

Comment

Find a truck to deliver you some potable water and pray for rain. Its not cheap to work over an existing well. I am fortunate, I checked one of my pasture wells and its not dropped any.

Comment

How is it projected to be dry in two months?

Comment

Friend went dry this weekend. Laid 360 yards of pvc and adding water meter. Lived there 25+ years. I’m at 500’ and I’m watering landscaping and trees only once a week. Already lost one oak

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
            My well is projected to be dry in about 2 months. Never been on a well- what do you do? I'll let the yard completely go now (been watering once per week).
            Rain will recharge, I know.

I hear it's expensive to go deeper?

Stock pile drinking water?

I have a 1000 gallon tank - once it goes dry, do I call someone to fill my tank for essentials?
            A 1000 gallon tank? Surely you're not talking about your pressure tank?

And screw that yard, conserve water for the house!

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
              Find a truck to deliver you some potable water and pray for rain. Its not cheap to work over an existing well. I am fortunate, I checked one of my pasture wells and its not dropped any.
              OP, that sucks but you probably should look into water delivery.

Might want to consider putting in a water catch system for the future.

I like what this guy did.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXooT2FVXM&t=110s"]Rainwater Harvesting - Home System Tour - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                How is it projected to be dry in two months?

It dropped almost 30’ from last month and the spring flow rate is dwindling. I know there’s several variables to consider, but simple math was applied to my estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                  A 1000 gallon tank? Surely you're not talking about your pressure tank?

And screw that yard, conserve water for the house!

1000 gallon storage tank.

Comment

1000 gallon storage tank.

If yellow let it mellow
                    If it’s brown flush it down

I would be looking for a 2000+ gallon tank plumbed in close to the pressure pump ASAP and find both a drinking water and washing water delivery company , + a water catchment system
                    Texas , Arizona ,Nevada, California are becoming USA version of Mexican potable water
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-08-2022, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Find a local water delivery service to deliver water to your storage tank. I think they usually carry 2000/4000/6000 gallons on trucks so I got a tank that could hold at least 2000 gallons to be sure I didn't have to pay for more trips in case my well went dry. Cut back to only the essentials and pray we get some heavy rain and the level comes back up otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                        If yellow let it mellow
                        If it’s brown flush it down

I would be looking for a 2000+ gallon tank plumbed in close to the pressure pump ASAP and find both a drinking water and washing water delivery company , + a water catchment system
                        Texas , Arizona ,Nevada, California are becoming USA version of Mexican potable water
                        I'm definitely thinking about additional storage. Building a 40'x60' metal shop, so I'll have the space for it and I can set up a collection tank off of the gutters.
                        Add it to the list!

Comment

It dropped almost 30’ from last month and the spring flow rate is dwindling. I know there’s several variables to consider, but simple math was applied to my estimate.

ok, I just didn't know it was that easy to check.

I often wonder how much water is in my well.

Comment

Check with your county agent and USDA ffice for some ideas on rainwater harvesting. If it ever rains again.

Comment

My BIL lives across the fence from me. My well is 300 feet. The house he bought had an old well (1950's) that was 100 feet.
                              Two weeks ago he lost his water - well guy came out and took it down another 40 feet and he is up and running again - well guy said that was all he could do and if the water level dropped below 140 feet then he would have to drill a new well.

So there is a way to take an existing well deeper apparently

See you are in Salado - we are in Georgetown - if you want the well guys contact info let me know- he is the best
                              Last edited by Huntingfool; 08-08-2022, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X