Hunting Blind Air Conditioners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Blind Air Conditioners

Is anyone aware of any small/portable air conditioners that work well in your hunting blinds? Or any good DIY solutions?

I'll do 25% of your work. Google "homemade air conditioner." It's that easy.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have seen them made out of coolers with a fan. Search on here or google for diy help. Never made one personally.

Comment

I saw one at the TTH event in San Antonio.

Looked like this - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QV5WCCR...ding=UTF8&th=1

Here is a video on it and other models

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu5KlVBZPZY"]5 Best Battery Powered ACs Reviewed - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

saw this pic and was curious if that was a battery powered A/C above the window but can't seem to find anything like that online.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bawhit2 View Post
            saw this pic and was curious if that was a battery powered A/C above the window but can't seem to find anything like that online.

That is an Ozonics ozone machine

Comment

Originally posted by bawhit2 View Post
              That is a Ozonics ozone machine for scent control.

Comment

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Comment

I use a DeWalt 20 volt fan. It works well inside Krivoman blinds in South Texas... It is easy also to blow the air across frozen bottles of ice for additional cooling, but just to stir up the air a bit helps a lot. A 5 amphour battery will run one for over 24 hours... I get about 8-10 hours out of the little .5 or so batteries that often come with the DeWalt tools.
                  This is the one I have: https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-Cordle...s%2C199&sr=8-2

Comment

Closest thing I have to AC in my blind...

Comment

Comment

Lots of info in the search feature. Redneck coolers work great. Mine are 5 gallon buckets with frozen 2 liter bottles of ice inside them. A computer fan on top powered by a usb battery pack. I have two 2” pvc pipes that blow the cold air into the blind.

Comment

There's a few varieties of having cold/ice/ice-water in a container/bucket and pulling air over it using a fan. The hitch is hauling ice around. If you want truly portable AC.... zero breeze. I've been eyeing one. They aren't cheap but they are a 24v battery powered AC unit with a real compressor etc. Runs a couple of hours on a single battery. Doesn't require water, ice, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            I use a DeWalt 20 volt fan. It works well inside Krivoman blinds in South Texas... It is easy also to blow the air across frozen bottles of ice for additional cooling, but just to stir up the air a bit helps a lot. A 5 amphour battery will run one for over 24 hours... I get about 8-10 hours out of the little .5 or so batteries that often come with the DeWalt tools.
                            This is the one I have: https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-Cordle...s%2C199&sr=8-2
                            Slick,
                            Do you keep the windows closed on your Krivoman while using the fan?

Comment

Building a pronghorn blind. Gonna have to use one of these solutions.

Comment

Working...
                              X