Tractor Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor Suggestions

I would like some input about a possible new tractor and thought that the food plotters would be a good starting point. I currently have a 50hp Farm Trac and getting parts for it is nearly impossible. Additionally, its a little underpowered for some of the work that I do around the farm. So, I am looking at ~75hp tractors, with emphasis on 4wd, hydro shuttle shift and a front end loader. I specifically don't want a cab and I want to stay on the major brands so that I don't have the parts issue again. I have been impressed with the Case Farmall 75C and have also looked at a similar sized Kubota (M7060 I think) and a JD 5075E. Do yall have any experiences with these machines, or can you recommend something different?

Thanks for any input.

I don't have a tractor as big as you are looking at. Kubota, JD, and Case are all first class all the way.

If you have a Kioti dealer close to you they make an outstanding tractor also. Very heavy duty...similar to Kubota. I have a Kioti DK40....40hp gear drive with shuttle shift...not hydrostatic. A FEL and 4WD is a must IMO.

Good luck with you purchase!

Comment

I have had a Kubota and now have a New Holland. Never dealt directly with any of the others. As with bows and everything else each brand has a perk that the others don't in my opinion. Best thing to do is go run them and see what fits you. If I was buying today in the 75hp range I would have a Kubota and always a little bigger than
      'needed" for me. I have never been working and thought....."dang I wish I would have gotten a little smaller tractor".

Not sure what your work load is or what your doing with it but I think any one of the newer 75 hp's you get is going to be a huge upgrade.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the input unclefish and millman. I agree, some time running each machine may make the question that much easier to answer.

Comment

tractor

kubotas have sissy tires and are thin wall if you are going to be in south or west texas or have thorny woods like locust in east texas i would replace them or stay away. i have both kubota and new holland. mechanically you are probably ok either way service close by is huge

Comment

Go orange kubota

Comment

I have 3 JD a 1982 130 HP , 2002 110 HP and a 2012 95 HP nothing runs like a deere

Comment

last year I purchased the new holland 4.75. Its 75 hp and I have loved it. I basically shred disk and plant food plots. I also knock down cedars with it. I also dug part of a pond that was dry with my fel. It went slow but it did work. I have enjoyed the tractor and have found it has plenty of hp for me. I did get the cab and love the very cold ac. I know you said you weren't interested in the cab but that ac is a very nice feature.

Comment

I have a 95 hp New Holland with cab...no problems and cheaper than a green one

Comment

We run all John deere. It's hard to beat green paint and they hold there value like no other brand. My dad had a 4 year old 85hp cab deere he traded in back in December. It had 500 hours on it and he got $1,500 less on trade than what he payed for it new. He got the new 6105M. It's the cats meow!!

Comment

Thanks again for the input guys. I have narrowed my focus down to JD or Kubota, and plan on taking a ride to Navasota tomorrow AM to test out a 5075 and 5085. I liked Case the best, but the lack of a dealer close by to my place got them cut.

FWIW, the customer service from the Kubota guy I have dealt with in Crockett was top notch. I have talked to several JD dealers and their CS sucked, with no call backs or just getting a run-around. That could be the deal breaker if for nothing else.

Comment

It all depends on what you want to spend, but I would be looking used. I bought an 1977 80 hp International tractor in 1988 and it still runs like a top. Parts for it are not local, but a phone call away delivered to my door.

Comment

To follow up on my initial question, I ended up going with a Kubota. Dealer delivered an 8560 4WD with FEL and grapple on Friday. I put a little more than 8hrs on it over the weekend and it worked like a charm, handling the disk and mower like a champ. I would definitely recommend the tractor and the dealer, Houston County Equipment. They were great to deal with.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase. Post a picture!!

We have a low-profile Case 75C. Pretty handy little tractor. FEL is real easy to remove, & has some super low/slow gears, which I like. Ours is 4WD as well. Dont know why you would buy one without it. Makes life with a FEL so much easier.

Comment

Thanks Palmetto. Not the greatest picture, but it gets the point across. Still had the stickers on the tires at that point.
                              Last edited by EastTexun; 05-02-2022, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X