Need some prayers for Monday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some prayers for Monday...

As most of you that were on TBH for over a year are aware, I had a crazy story where I got thrown from a platform while bowfishing and a few days later was in the hospital when they found out I had Stage 3 colon cancer at the age of 38. Long story short, I had major surgery, about 11" of my colon removed, and followed that up with 6 months of chemo.

I had two clear pet scans since then but went in last week for an emergency colonoscopy after I had some bleeding from places that ain't supposed to bleed. Doc found a "suspicious ulcerated lesion" in the area where my last tumor was. He said he is concerned about it (no joke, huh doc?) and he took a biopsy and told me to see him Monday at 4 pm for the test results. Regardless of whether the biopsy shows cancer or not, they will probably have to do something about this bad spot (it's where the two sections of my colon were sewn back together).

Needless to say, my wife is scared to death and I'm worried about what the future may hold for her and my 5 kids. I'm guilty as the rest of y'all about saying "prayers sent" and then forgetting to pray at night for that person. I'm asking my many TBH friends and strangers to send one up for me in hopes that this is not cancer.

My oncologist told me last year that if the cancer came back and was resistant to the chemo that "we were in trouble". After my wife slapped him (well, almost) he said he believed that all the cancer was gone. I'm praying that he was right!

Thanks so much for the support I got the last go-round with this evil little *******....and thanks in advance for any prayers in the future.

And this is your reminder to get a colonoscopy as soon as you can. If I find out that you didn't get one and then got colon cancer, i will personally come to wherever you are and kick you square in the colon.

Praying for you now.

Comment

Chew,
      I will certainly add you to my prayer list. Please keep us posted.

I know there are many TBHers that are needing the power of prayer to help and comfort them and their families during some trying times.

Please take a moment to say a prayer for them tonight.

Comment

You got 'em from Colorado Chew. Good luck on Monday.

Comment

Bobby your right. I am guilty too.

Dear Lord,

Please give Bobby and his family the strength to over come this fear. Put your hand on him and his family. Take control of the test and give the doctors the power to find the right answer. Keep his body clean and clear of all sickness and protect him ever becoming sick again. Lord with your strengtha and power you can keep me friend healthy. IN Jesus Name AMEN....

I will continue to pray for you over the weeknd Bobby...

Comment

You got it chew!! Hope all is well come monday

Comment

Sounds like a bad sewing job. Prayer begins.....now.

Comment

Praying for ya Bobby!

Comment

Sending positive vibes....
                  and you know you have my prayers!

Comment

Prayers sent!

Comment

Sounds like an opportunity for the Lord to show how incredibly and unimaginably AWESOME He is. May God work mightily in your life, Bobby, and through the doctors and nurses and everyone else that's taking care of you, and may He bring you complete healing. May God bless your wife and kids with courage and strength as well.

Comment

Bobby

I am sending the prayers now and I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Stay strong and don't give up because you have too many of us fighting for you.

Comment

prayer going up now

Comment

Chew special prayers sent. My dad just went through colon cancer several months ago and still has some bad days. I pray for a healthy review and strength for your family!

Comment

I'm praying now, Bobby, so as not to forget.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                              X