WildGame Nation.... BIG Bill???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WildGame Nation.... BIG Bill???

How did these guys get started? Did they have money before they got into the outdoor business?
    That ranch and the house Big Bill has is unbelievable!!
    Speaking of Big Bill, has he had some head trauma???

I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

http://louisianavoice.com/2013/01/15...-bodie-little/

Comment

Got a real questionable Land Grant from our great government...I wont buy any of their products now that I know this information. Crooked politicians at work.

Comment

Trucking, oilfield, who knows. 99.99% of everyone in the outdoor film/show business has money to start with. I was told from a very reliable source that with what a person has to pay to get a show on an outdoor channel, you cannot make money doing this. Maybe it has changed, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by hfd39 View Post
            Got a real questionable Land Grant from our great government...I wont buy any of their products now that I know this information. Crooked politicians at work.
            I couldn't find anything on that. Do you have a link? All I could find was that Bill Busbice was the chairman of Louisiana fish and wildlife commission and he began purchasing that 55,000 acre ranch after Louisiana pacific shut down on that property.

Comment

I have heard that they made their fortune in oil and gas royalty. They are from Lafayette.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                How did these guys get started? Did they have money before they got into the outdoor business?
                Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                I have heard that they made their fortune in oil and gas royalty. They are from Lafayette.
                he was the co-owner of ACE Transportation and sold out for hundreds of millions to an investment group in 2008 . They are from Broussard as the WI business headquarters is in Baton Rouge

Busbice acquired the 55,000 acres (all high fenced ) in Olla, LA through old fashioned Louisiana Politics . "brother in law deals"

most of the acreage was timber company land , and he bought out quite a few people who were not happy . One owner of land refused to budge / sell-out and his property inside the Busbice compound is surrounded by high fence

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodrunner View Post
                  I couldn't find anything on that. Do you have a link? All I could find was that Bill Busbice was the chairman of Louisiana fish and wildlife commission and he began purchasing that 55,000 acre ranch after Louisiana pacific shut down on that property.
                  nope, .... see my post above

he made deals with people in high places ... money talks

Comment

All I know is that's a horrible dye job on his goatee.

Comment

Interesting info. I tried watching the show but just couldn't watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        he was the co-owner of ACE Transportation and sold out for hundreds of millions to an investment group in 2008 . They are from Broussard as the WI business headquarters is in Baton Rouge

Busbice acquired the 55,000 acres (all high fenced ) in Olla, LA through old fashioned Louisiana Politics . "brother in law deals"

most of the acreage was timber company land , and he bought out quite a few people who were not happy . One owner of land refused to budge / sell-out and his property inside the Busbice compound is surrounded by high fence
                        Yep.........they are a non factor inside the state as folks know the story. I gave up on their antics 2/3 years ago as it became painful to watch. Louisiana culture, folklore, Cajun, Creole just sells like "hotcakes" outside of the state and they are riding that train. Congrats to them for working a niche that is paying off.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                          I have always thought he was just a drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Interesting. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Have an uncle who lives in Baton Rouge, several years ago I was visiting him and he introduced me to his neighbor, last name of Busbice, after shanking hands I told myself I had better make sure, my wallet, watch, and junk was still in place......... Just something about them that wasn't right......

Comment

Working...
                              X