Phone besides iPhone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    We have S10 Galaxies and they take much better and clearer pics than i-phones. Color is much better. All the other stuff works just as well and if you get one be sure it is an unlocked version. That way you can switch carriers if you need to. My next one will be the S22 ultra.

Over saturation of colors is one way to make us think cameras are “better”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

it's like asking Ford vs Chevy. Reality is they both make good phones. and they all try to make it hard to switch painlessly!

I have a galaxy s21 and don't plan to go back to apple anytime soon. cameras on the samsung are better. i like the user interface better (keyboard) and works with all my google accounts for photos, calendar, email.

apple dominates in imessage. and they do it on purpose to keep the green bubble people ashamed! i think iphones are great for teens, soccer moms, and old people.

Comment

Originally posted by teamamerica View Post
        it's like asking ford vs chevy. Reality is they both make good phones. And they all try to make it hard to switch painlessly!

I have a galaxy s21 and don't plan to go back to apple anytime soon. Cameras on the samsung are better. I like the user interface better (keyboard) and works with all my google accounts for photos, calendar, email.

Apple dominates in imessage. And they do it on purpose to keep the green bubble people ashamed! I think iphones are great for teens, soccer moms, and old people.
        :d:d:d

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Shane the .com should be there is typing in an address bar. Also auto fill text is available in settings. You are correct about the numbers though. I would think at least on the ma phones that would be an option since the iPad has the numbers visible always, at least my iPad Pro does.

A few updates ago they also started doing swipe texting if you are used to that on the Android phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          The only autofill I found in the settings is for Safari. I don't see a .com button anywhere on the keyboard. The Samsung keyboard is laid out way better, and it learns words you type a lot and suggests them as soon as you type a letter or two. It just works better. Amazing how such a seemingly small thing makes for a completely different user experience. I'm trying 3 or 4 keyboard apps and extensions on the iPhone. A couple of them are better than the factory keyboard, but I can't find anything as good as the Samsung keyboard. Also, whenever I need to type in a password, the native keyboard takes over even when I have a keyboard app enabled. So the number row is gone again, just when I need it for passwords. Apple really needs to fix their dang keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            What updates and changes are you speaking of? Have been with Iphone since 2006.
            You know, all those changes!!

Comment

Wife and kids all do iphone...so I do android. Wife and kids always looking for chargers, cords etc....mine is right where I put it when I bought the phone years ago. Wife and kids will go thru several cords each in a years time...I'm still on the original. Wife and kids switch....? I'll get a leapfrog!...or a jitterbug or something!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                My guess that is an iphone message not coming thru. There is a setting to correct that, but it is actually caused in the way an ios sends messages doen't work well outside of IOS operating systems. Also there are a few settings in SMS on how to handle different messages. Either way by bet it is a setting. She has A LOT of control over her phone and how it operates, but it is a learning curve

In settings:general management:date and time-

Make sure "Automatic date and time" and "Automatic time zone" are both on
                Yes. My wife had a Samsung about 5 years ago and was in Korea and we texted back and forth between iPhone and Samsung Galaxy with about a 2 second lag time.

If we can get different platforms almost instantly 10,000 miles away…..

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                  Does Samsung do all the tracking like iPhone does? It’s not a coincidence that you talk about something and next thing you know an ad pops up on Facebook or similar.
                  Do you have Facebook or Facebook Messenger on your phone? Those apps spy on you

Comment

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra camera 1X

100X

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

100X
                      so the only plus is the camera?

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                        Only the zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

100X
                          This is the one thing that is making me wobble towards Samsung!

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                            One of many. One big reason I switched was the camera. Other reason was because Apple was behind in so many other features. Apple was 2 years behind in wireless charging, 8k video, split screen function, water proof from factory. Apple switched to face ID with no thumb print built in to screen as a alternate way to access, left a big ugly notch on top, got rid of the headphone jack too soon, oh and made software to intentionally down older phones to make people buy new ones. I lost my patience with them long ago!

Not sure the foldable phones will catch on but credit to Samsung for innovative design! Oh but Apple came out with a mini phone!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              One of many. One big reason I switched was the camera. Other reason was because Apple was behind in so many other features. Apple was 2 years behind in wireless charging, 8k video, split screen function, water proof from factory. Apple switched to face ID with no thumb print built in to screen as a alternate way to access, left a big ugly notch on top, got rid of the headphone jack too soon, oh and made software to intentionally down older phones to make people buy new ones. I lost my patience with them long ago!

Not sure the foldable phones will catch on but credit to Samsung for innovative design! Oh but Apple came out with a mini phone!
                              And they still have the stupid Lightning cable and not a USB-C like the rest of the world. Even my iPad has USB-C. They are behind on just about everything except group communications.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                And they still have the stupid Lightning cable and not a USB-C like the rest of the world. Even my iPad has USB-C. They are behind on just about everything except group communications.
                                And keeping the flock inline and fleeced

Comment

Working...
                                X