Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acorns? Are they dropping in your woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acorns? Are they dropping in your woods?

I have noticed on our place in East Texas that suddenly the deer have been no shows at my feeder and food plot. I have had a group of does and fawns and Bachelor group of 5 Bucks visiting most everyday at different times of day. The past week and a half, the activity at my feeder has gone down 90%. I had thought my feeder was stopped up or I had a feeder malfunction. Today I visited the Lease and feeder is working, plenty of corn and with corn on the ground. So I am assuming that the woods are raining acorns right now and the deer do not need those little golden nuggets. The Oaks at my house are bare except for a few nuts about the size of a B/B. The Oaks at my sons house about 15 miles away are loaded. They watered their lawn and trees all summer, we could not due to drought restrictions in our town. What are you seeing in your neck of the woods with the acorn crop. I know deer will walk past a pile of corn in East Texas if acorns are available.

Yes

Comment

We’re not overloaded with hardwood but yes they are falling and it seems a little early but I could be wrong. My protein activity has dropped a little but corn feeders still get the same activity as throughout the summer. But the sooner the acorns fall and get consumed the better IMO.

Comment

They are dropping here at my house in Robertson county but they ain’t raining down. What I can tell, the trees are loaded too. I hope it’s that way in Panola county.

Comment

I noticed a few last week while feeding cows . Mostly from white oaks

Comment

Yes

Rwc

Comment

White oaks acorns dropping here in Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Sawtooth And red oaks falling here in Georgia.

Comment

I've got a few trees at the house dropping, and a few still holding tight.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Comment

Its about a month early, but yes WO are dropping, Water Oaks been dropping for a few weeks

Comment

Yes

Comment

They seem to fall early in drought years.

Comment

Lampasas they started falling in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dropping in Denton.

Comment

Working...
                              X