That was... Brutal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was... Brutal

Around Christmas my mife wanted to watch Horse TV. It's a subscription on iTunes. I got on her iTunes on her phone and set it up.

Today she says cancel it. They haven't our any new content on it in months. I'm like ok.

I tell her it'll likely be easier for her to do it from her iphone, since I'm in Iowa. She has no clue what I'm talking about. [emoji20] That was @ 7. Finally got it done maybe hopefully. 1.5 hours later

I tried walking her through the steps. BTW I'm an Android user. She was lost couldn't find her settings when she did she couldn't figure out how to select her name. Wanted to know what she was supposed to click on it with. I was like nothing just touch your name. She was like with what. After another 20 minutes of that I hung up.
    Signed out of my iPad and tried to login using her info. She didn't know her password, I know what I set it too in February. That wasn't it... So I finally guessed correctly. Unsubscribed and went to log out of her and back in with me. Well that password was different than the other one. 2-Factor Authentication is turned on for her account. So I think I got it handled. Apple says she has a 6 digit passcode on her phone. She says no I don't. I couldn't solve that.
    So I'm hoping the don't reset her end to end encryption on her account and she looses everything.
    I was thinking about going back to Apple. I've reconsidered. I'm definitely not.

Am I the only one who's wife has issues like this?

I cancelled 3 subscriptions on playstore. Took me like 3 minutes.....
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 09-11-2022, 07:54 PM.

Everything is hard on an I phone IMO. Even a simple dropped pin or "air dropping" pics and videos. If it's not to another I product it's not gonna happen.
    I wouldn't own one.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell us more about Horse TV....[emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        Everything is hard on an I phone IMO. Even a simple dropped pin or "air dropping" pics and videos. If it's not to another I product it's not gonna happen.
        I wouldn't own one.

I think he is saying it’s a wife thing. I’ve always used apple and don’t have a problem navigating around, cancelling subs, etc. I did get an Amazon fire tablet. I have trouble navigating around it. It’s jus because I’m not used to it. Nothing really wrong with the tech. I think they all try to make them different which makes it a learning curve.

And then you get family/friends that aren’t tech experts and it makes it hard to help especially when you are trying to help cross platform. Between android and iPhone, neither are straightforward i troubleshooting if you aren’t into the tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
          Tell us more about Horse TV....[emoji1787]
          I’ve got it. Good content, training l, documentaries etc but they haven’t added anything in a while and I was thinking the same. I may dump it if they don’t add anything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            Around Christmas my mife wanted to watch Horse TV. It's a subscription on iTunes. I got on her iTunes on her phone and set it up.

Today she says cancel it. They haven't our any new content on it in months. I'm like ok.

I tell her it'll likely be easier for her to do it from her iphone, since I'm in Iowa. She has no clue what I'm talking about. [emoji20] That was @ 7. Finally got it done maybe hopefully. 1.5 hours later

I tried walking her through the steps. BTW I'm an Android user. She was lost couldn't find her settings when she did she couldn't figure out how to select her name. Wanted to know what she was supposed to click on it with. I was like nothing just touch your name. She was like with what. After another 20 minutes of that I hung up.
            Signed out of my iPad and tried to login using her info. She didn't know her password, I know what I set it too in February. That wasn't it... So I finally guessed correctly. Unsubscribed and went to log out of her and back in with me. Well that password was different than the other one. 2-Factor Authentication is turned on for her account. So I think I got it handled. Apple says she has a 6 digit passcode on her phone. She says no I don't. I couldn't solve that.
            So I'm hoping the don't reset her end to end encryption on her account and she looses everything.
            I was thinking about going back to Apple. I've reconsidered. I'm definitely not.

Am I the only one who's wife has issues like this?

I cancelled 3 subscriptions on playstore. Took me like 3 minutes.....
            Yeah, that’s about right on the iPhone too or maybe about a minute to let the subscriptions populate.

It’s sounds like operator inexperience. It is three clicks. Settings icon, name (which is bold at the top of settings) and subscriptions. My wife does the same.

I have had similars issue with her lack of knowledge (which is stupidly simple on an iPhone) and she refuses to learn. She just hands the phone to me which is okay but once she was visiting family in Korea. Geeezzzzzzz…..

I even took screenshots and texted to her. Nope, not good enough!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Everything is hard SIMPLE on an I phone IMO. Even a simple dropped pin or "air dropping" pics and videos. If it's not to another I product it's not gonna happen.
              I wouldn't own one.

I fixed your statement. No charge.

Especially in this situation. When a person doesn’t know how to get to settings on a phone, the brand doesn’t matter. My wife had a Samsung for about 6 years and still couldn’t find settings. That is operator error, not operating system.

Comment

Word of advice. Don’t tell the world your wife is home alone and you’re out of town, especially when your name and hometown are listed

Comment

Switched the wife from android to iPhone several years ago. She had to have a android where I had iPhone. I finally took a sledgehammer to her phone when she brought it out to me again on a rough night in the shop. She didn’t know what to do. I walked in the house and got the iPhone I had bought 2 days earlier for her that she didn’t know about. She hasn’t asked me to fix it again. I do have to remind her to do updates on it.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                    Switched the wife from android to iPhone several years ago. She had to have a android where I had iPhone. I finally took a sledgehammer to her phone when she brought it out to me again on a rough night in the shop. She didn’t know what to do. I walked in the house and got the iPhone I had bought 2 days earlier for her that she didn’t know about. She hasn’t asked me to fix it again. I do have to remind her to do updates on it.
                    Lmao keeping that little trick in my toolbox.... Next to the sledge hammer

Comment

I guess Im getting old, I rarely get apps on my phone, new electronics or anything else because its too much of a hassle to learn that stuff. I would rather just do without. Just the constant updates, antivirus renewals, etc take up enough of my time. I dont know how people have time to mess with this stuff constantly, I am busy working.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        I guess Im getting old, I rarely get apps on my phone, new electronics or anything else because its too much of a hassle to learn that stuff. I would rather just do without. Just the constant updates, antivirus renewals, etc take up enough of my time. I dont know how people have time to mess with this stuff constantly, I am busy working.
                        My thoughts exactly when it comes to Apple. They will do an update and things don’t work like the day before. My phone had issues attaching pics to texts for a couple days. They are terrible at customer service. My wife has always had an iPhone and my work phones have always been androids. I recently went back to Apple for a free phone. I have to ask her when my iPhone changes things up. She is use to the way they mess things up.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Especially in this situation. When a person doesn’t know how to get to settings on a phone, the brand doesn’t matter. My wife had a Samsung for about 6 years and still couldn’t find settings. That is operator error, not operating system.

Exactly....

Comment

I thought this was going to be a Dallas Cowboys thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Exactly....

How in the world anyone can think an iPhone is complicated is beyond me. They are ridiculously simple.

And to say their support sucks is a joke is also laughable. Let me know where the nearest Android store is that you can walk into and actually talk to someone face to face that actually know about the product and how to fix it. I’ll wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X