Plumbing questions, hose bibs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plumbing questions, hose bibs

Some may remember the wonderful electrical job I had to straighten out in the building we bought in Sheridan. This is the plumbing version of that thread. Master jack of all trades this fellow thought he was. These are photos of his hose bibs and the connected pvc is how he ran them. Three bibs total. Water main comes into the building through the slab with a shutoff valve installed. Concerning the bibs, what would be the best way to address them. I would really appreciate actual plumber replies and not I did it for my mother in law answers. No offense to those that help their MILs. The lines running to these will be addressed after the house is built.

We also poured an apron with wrap around at the building yesterday. No more getting out in the mud.

Final note: The garage tent inside the building is working well for our conditioned space. I had a thread about that. Temperature is probably cooler than an actual storage space one would rent. The dehumidifier maintains between 35 and 45 % humidity.

just put an escutcheon plate on it. both sides if ya like

Comment

leave them till there is an issue, drain when it freezes. I think they match the washer drain into the RV septic hose perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
        just put an escutcheon plate on it. both sides if ya like
        Problem there is the metal siding is uneven so not sure how I would do it.

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        leave them till there is an issue, drain when it freezes. I think they match the washer drain into the RV septic hose perfectly
        You like that? Work with what you got I always say. You should see the exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
          cut some foam pipe insulation to match the siding, and flush on one side for the escutcheon
          .......and caulk

Comment

Cut that pvc off and re run pex from the floor up that pvc will freeze and bust first good freeze!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post

You like that? Work with what you got I always say. You should see the exit.
              Its not how I would have done it,plumbed our shop in pex. But, Ive seen much worse. At least it seems strapped to keep it in one spot. The plate would help dress it up some

DIY Mike seems like a better plumber than he was an electrician

Comment

Does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  Cut that pvc off and re run pex from the floor up that pvc will freeze and bust first good freeze!
                  Yeh, I mentioned my intentions in the OP.

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Its not how I would have done it,plumbed our shop in pex. But, Ive seen much worse. At least it seems strapped to keep it in one spot. The plate would help dress it up some

DIY Mike seems like a better plumber than he was an electrician
                  Very temporary I can assure you. Near the overhead door and will not be in the building once a house is built. "Mike" didn't seem to be good at much of anything except causing rework. Skid steer work performed three weeks ago to make the grounds manageable.

Originally posted by Bowtech2004 View Post
                  Does it work?
                  Yes. That isn't in question.

Comment

Two thick coats of "Great Stuff"!

Comment

you said "address them."
                      What is your issue with them as they are?

Comment

All I have is a question….
                        Is that plumber from Mississippi???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What are you wanting to address? PVC, Copper, Pex, all acceptable plumbing methods. Other than there does not appear to be an anti siphon device and the metal In contact with the pvc, which can be resolved with any type of grommet, I see a pretty nicely done job considering it’s plumbed in a metal storage building.

Comment

Extremely sloppy work for those asking. That is my issue. Not clamped often enough IMO. I know y'all can't see the entire run of pipe. I did buy some great stuff for filling the holes but would like to clean it up first. My initial question was for that purpose.

Comment

I worked in the Plumbing Supply Industry and was Purchasing Manager for 16 years and went into Industrial Sales. I worked for my Licensed Plumber Brother in law for several years and helped him do Piumbing Rough ins, Top outs and set outs as well as repair jobs replacing Hot water heaters, Toilet repairs etc! I would recommend Frost Proof Hydrants with a Vacuum Breaker. You will probably be ok if heated space stays above freezing. But if not, the PVC Pipe will absolutely be gone. however you could shut off drain and evacuate the lines in case of very cold temps. If me, I would use Pex Tubing and insulate the lines. Over the years, I fixed hundreds of PVC Waterlines. You might pick up some PVC Gee Couplings to keep on hand. You may need them. I am saying what you have will work, but you may have a freezing problem this winter. However your setup looks sweet!!
                              Last edited by MtnMike; 09-10-2022, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X