Got a vintage / brand new Coleman stove today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a vintage / brand new Coleman stove today

Have not had a chance to look it up but I think it’s at lease 30 years old. Not sure when they quit using liquid fuel but I do know this thing had never been fully unpackaged. If it’s worth anything to anyone send a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure when they switched fuels but I have one that looks identical my folks bought in the late 60's or 1970 at the latest. As a kid one of my duties on our camping trips was to get up early to fuel, pump-up and light the stove to start the coffee for mom and dad. Just a whiff of that Coleman fuel would bring back lots of memories.

Comment

If you take the cardboard of the tank tabs there should be a date on the tabs. Heck of a find.
      Is there a date on the shipping label?

Comment

That’s awesome. Have always wanted a old Coleman stove ,

Comment

Great find, I would love to hear the the story of how you found it.

Comment

Man, my sisters talked Mom into selling our old Coleman in a garage sale, ugh....
            Nice stove I would love to have it but too far.
            Very cool find!

Comment

looks like the one i bought 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Not sure when they switched fuels but I have one that looks identical my folks bought in the late 60's or 1970 at the latest. As a kid one of my duties on our camping trips was to get up early to fuel, pump-up and light the stove to start the coffee for mom and dad. Just a whiff of that Coleman fuel would bring back lots of memories.
                Sounds really familiar. Lots of camping trips with the kerosene

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                If you take the cardboard of the tank tabs there should be a date on the tabs. Heck of a find.
                Is there a date on the shipping label?
                I’ll try and do that tomorrow, thanks for the tip

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                  Great find, I would love to hear the the story of how you found it.
                  No spectacular story unfortunately. My step dad wend down the road to an estate sale and saw it in the garage. Think he bought it for $40 and gave it to me for partial trade. I don’t really want it because I have two propane versions but really don’t want it setting in my shed for another 20 years

Comment

I have been looking for one like that. It's a great find.

Comment

My wife bought me this old one for about $25 at a garage sale. I have no idea if that was $25 too much or if it will blow up the first time I fire it up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have 2 !
                        They are awesome, cool score on the new old one.

Comment

Man, looking at that brings back many fond memories. Cool find

Comment

The dual fuel aren't as popular as propane but are still available. You can get a converter to run propane in the dual fuel stoves.

Comment

Cooked a lot of meals in deer camp with one of those. That stove and the roar of a couple lanterns was heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X