Tikka T3X lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka T3X lite

Looking at getting another hunting rifle in 7mm-08 and been reading good things on the Tikka. If anyone has a Tikka I’d love to hear your thoughts on how it is overall. Also, anyone know a good place to get me in 7mm-08? This caliber seems to be difficult to locate in stock anywhere.

I have a Tikka T3 in 260. It is great for the whole family and grandkids. Your 7mm08 would be much the same. Shoots well, great trigger that is easy to adjust. The factory stock are the cheapest part of the gun. I souped mine up with a KRG stock. Your not going to be disappointed if you get a Tikka.
    There is a 6.5 for sale here on tbh. If I had some funny money laying around I would own it.

Comment

Bare minimum put a bell and Carlson stock on it and you’ll love it. My wife shoots a tikka in 7-08 and it touches holes at the range. I shoot it a ton too when she’s not hunting. IMO order the new stock when you order the gun, it’s that bad.

Comment

I was just looking for the same thing before I opened TBH. I'm looking for a t3 compact in 7mm08. Let me know what you find. I have a 308 version and love it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot the Tikka t3x ctr in 6.5.... absolute tack driver. You wont regret purchasing a Tikka sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Simple Man View Post
            I was just looking for the same thing before I opened TBH. I'm looking for a t3 compact in 7mm08. Let me know what you find. I have a 308 version and love it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
            I did find the gun your looking for at sportsmans. (Link below) I personally don’t want the compact or I might have jumped on the one I’m showing you. What I’m hearing from everyone is that they all are very impressed with the tikkas also. Thanks for all the info

Last edited by forced-2-work; 08-11-2022, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I have a pretty significant history with Tikka's. I own a 223 CRT, 243 and a 7mm-08. Own an APR in 260 and every one of the Tikka's will shoot as well as the custom and it shoots 1/2 moa as long as I do my part. I was able to get 3/4's to less than 1 MOA with quality ammo.

Comment

You will not be disappointed in the tikka. I am looking for one in .300 wsm

Comment

Gunbroker.com has a non-compact Tikka available:

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                    You will not be disappointed in the tikka. I am looking for one in .300 wsm
                    THIS -300 win mag and had mine for many years and have hunted all over the world with it - dropped a lot of animals with it and it does the job

Comment

I've got one in 7mag and it is a tack driver.

Comment

I recently bought a Tikka T3x Lite Veil in 6.5 PRC. It is by far the nicest bolt gun I have ever owned and it is definitely the most accurate. I shot it at the range on our last work trip and it will easily shoot 1/2 inch groups. I am very impressed with this riffle. I decided on this rifle after doing some research and a local gun shop had one in stock but it was Alpine camo and I wanted Wideland camo, they ordered it for me and got it in3-4 days.

Comment

Great rifles! I’d consider the creedmoor or 243 just because of ammo availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            Gunbroker.com has a non-compact Tikka available:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/941558955
                            heard of gun broker and also have looked at it online, but never used it. is it pretty simple and safe to purchase and use? There are a handful of FFL dealers around me that I can sent it to. you know the internet these days.......just always have to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
                              Great rifles! I’d consider the creedmoor or 243 just because of ammo availability.
                              I totally understand where your coming from. I seem to like to make things difficult sometimes for myself. lol. It will probably be a few months before I pull the trigger on the rifle, so I may just start stocking up on ammo now when i find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X