No announcement yet.

Anyone lose power today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They used the reduced power measure, to see who is compliant.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
      I dont think that was a rolling blackout, likely just a localized issue. ERCOT handled today pretty smoothly. Balday prices were expected to explode at one point, trading up to $800. Ended up trading down to $165 per mw. The new CEO of ERCOT is extremely competent, not one of these bureaucrats thats never had skin in the game.
      After Snowvid ERCOT and competent don’t belong in the same sentence. Just another bunch of political parasites.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        Yeppers.

Learned that all the way back to Rita/Katrina, just in case.

That and a nat gas gen set that will run it and everythig else in the house minus the main HVAC unit. Backed into the load center on the house.
        Along with a case of 30 weight oil for said gen

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          My son's a lineman. The heat is popping transformers left and right.
          This right here. Transformers are the issue right now. Even worse, the ones that they are replacing them with are junk and blowing not long after replacement.

Comment

My mom has had a few planned blackouts so far this summer. Usually the hottest part of the day. 1pm-7pm. Probably gonna be a regular occurrence during the peak demand.

Comment

When I loose power i get a little nervous if my other half needed something from Amazon

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                Along with a case of 30 weight oil for said gen

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                Running a Honda, not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  This right here. Transformers are the issue right now. Even worse, the ones that they are replacing them with are junk and blowing not long after replacement.
                  We had a transformer blow and our meter loop caught on fire this weekend at our business. Got that call around 9 pm on Friday and spent all weekend chasing down parts to rebuild meter panel had to run all new wire. It was a pain in the *** and expensive!

Comment

Working...
                  X