Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-05-2022, 07:44 PM   #51
Les
Administrator

Hunt In: Frio County

I'll be 62 in September. I retired 13 months ago after working for 45 years and have not slowed down a bit. I will tell you that I did not LOVE the job I retired from. I enjoyed it but did not love it. I've actually had people firmly tell me that retiring from a good job at my age is stupid... To each their own. I don't know how many guys I've known work till they get sick, and THEN retire and try to enjoy life.. I am doing things I LOVE now, and most of the time with the one I love. Bonus!

One thing I do is I do all my own work around the house. Only pay folks for stuff I CAN'T do. A/C, roof.. etc.. I look at yard work (mowing, edging, cleaning) as exercise. Gets my heart rate up for a couple of hours. Good sweat. Bike, travel, camp, hunt, fish, build stuff, clean... Keep an active mind. No laying on the couch watching Okra.. Oprah! Just keep active.

I actually took on a paying part time gig at a ranch. Kinda just fell in my lap. Dozing, mowing, disking, haying, preparing the fields for this coming duck and deer season. Really enjoying that!

Last edited by Les; 07-05-2022 at 07:48 PM.
Les is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 07:47 PM   #52
HOOKNBULLET2
Eight Point

Hunt In: Blanco

I retired about 18 months ago at the ripe old age of 50. I love every day of it. Usually start the day with a 3 mile walk around our neighborhood. After that, I do whatever I want to do.

Earlier this year, I took 4 fishing trips to Costa Rica and 1 to Guatemala. I spent a couple days last week with my uncle fishing on Lake Texoma. Today my Realtor and I went and looked at a couple investment properties. Tomorrow I’m going to lunch with a former colleague.

Life is short and I’m going to spend what time I have left doing what I want to do.
HOOKNBULLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 07:55 PM   #53
Grant2
Ten Point

Hunt In: Big Tex

Only 48 months to go then I will look for a hunting gig somewhere LOL! Would like to manage a ranch where I can do a few chores a day and feed the animals then guide during the season. Have a buddy that does it and he loves his new job.
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 08:03 PM   #54
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

I work a business I started 10 months after I retired.
DRT is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 08:14 PM   #55
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

I retired 20 years ago in May. I owned my own company and before that worked crazy amounts of hours in other jobs. I tell people now I donít know how I ever had time for a job. I have lots of things I like to do so filling my days is never a problem. Best of luck to you. I hope you enjoy retirement as much as I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 08:43 PM   #56
Old Goat1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tx.

I retired at 62. Thirteen years ago.
You know how hard you worked on the weekends while you are working?
Well everyday is a weekend.
Old Goat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 08:45 PM   #57
Buffalo1
Eight Point

Life is like a void- you give up work and retire. This does not mean you do nothing (unless you chose and you probably won't last long) you simply refocus your time from work related activities to self selected activities.

The #1 thing you must maintain in retirement is good health in order to enjoy it. It is more important than money. You can have money, but w/o good health you will not enjoy retirement.

What activities did you develop outside of work while you were working?

I have been retired for about 15 yrs and have not been bored any day other than illness or health issue related. I don't think I could maintain a full-time job now- too busy.

Since retirement I have occupied my time with church related work, hunting activities, golfing and traveling and activities with my wife.

I was in personnel management for 35 years so I had a lot of contact with people retiring. One thing I learned from them was do not retire until you are ready and committed to retirement. You do not want to retire with regrets afterward.

Wishing you the best and hope you make wise decisions concerning your retirement.
Buffalo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 09:58 PM   #58
HogHunter34
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anderson County

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
I retired 20 years ago in May. I owned my own company and before that worked crazy amounts of hours in other jobs. I tell people now I donít know how I ever had time for a job. I have lots of things I like to do so filling my days is never a problem. Best of luck to you. I hope you enjoy retirement as much as I do.

You must have been fairly young when you retired based on your avatar pic

Iím only 48 but heck I think about retirement. Maybe Iím just jealous of you guys
Iím too old to transition to something but Iím convinced there are days Iím burned out on what I do. I feel like what I do doesnít really impact lives & is just a daily grind. Many times I wished I had a career that had an impact on others that I could see more value in what I do
Meanwhile Iíll stay focused on my retirement
HogHunter34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 10:43 PM   #59
Huntindad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W

Envious of you folks retiring around 50 or so. I'll be 65 in October. Looking to retire next April. Should be OK financially wise. ya don't get rich as a state worker. I plan to revitalize my fishing activities. Haven't fished much in years even though I really enjoy it. May get a boat and take my grandson fishing.

But, as stated earlier, plan to continue to work out & stay active. Hard for me to stay inside ...well, unless it is a gazillion degrees outside.
Huntindad is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2022, 11:45 PM   #60
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise Co.

I’m 66 and retired 1 1/2 years ago. I have a little side business that does more to occupy me than supplement my income but I enjoy it. I have a small homestead that I raise a garden on and I have a few livestock. I really enjoy taking care of my place. Then there’s riding my motorcycle, a little charity work and playing on TBH. Just playing on TBH can take up a lot of time during the day. I try to exercise at least every other day if not more. I’ve found that since I retired the days just fly by.
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 12:47 AM   #61
rebelbow
Ten Point

Hunt In: tx,ks,ok

59 and retired march 1,2022 after working 38 yrs of shift work. first thing i did was take down the blackout shades in the bedroom. stay busy doing all the projects that built up while working shift work. working on some bucket list items. i do some catering on the side and manage to stay busy. start every morning with sportscenter and internet and one very spoiled chiahuahua!
rebelbow is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 02:31 AM   #62
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

I ain't married so I can tell you what I'd do. Whatever I wanted to do. Retirement would be awesome. I'll probably be one that works until I die so I won't know that feeling but I'd imagine it's pretty awesome.

I could be wrong. But with my luck I'll retire at 70 and die the next day. Hopefully I don't make it that long but it's possible.

Fish,hunt,drink some beers,gamble a little, go to some of those bars where girls dance nekkid....know what I'm talkin about? Just have fun.... You made it. Have fun for those of us who can't.

Last edited by okrattler; 07-06-2022 at 02:42 AM.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 04:01 AM   #63
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

For the first few months it's okay. You live at the ranch, shoot pigs and deer with impunity. You catch up on some projects. Then you do what you do. I built and sold feeder pen panels, deer stand platforms, feeders.
Then you realize being 50 years old, retired and capable is just not gonna cut it.
I realized my friend who made that statement about wondering how they had time to work on the past were enjoying the gun range, grandkids and such.
I also realized the got fat, lost their drive for the things they use to do and honestly, got old.
With my skill set I can still make good money, afford a whole lot more than just my retirement income allows, do something that I find challenging and full filling as well as take a week when I want to to enjoy life. Sleep in on a Tuesday because we stayed out in the pool late with the grandkids. I work as hard as I need to making the money I want to and ease way back during hunting season to enjoy it.
Plus, I like to work. I like the satisfaction of solving problems, making a difference and walking away at the end of a job knowing it was well done.
Sitting at home feeding the chickens is for someone else. At least until I'm old enough that my body say no mas.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk
DRT is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 06:41 AM   #64
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Retirement is going to be what you make out of it. Like a lot of other things in life, retirement is going to give back as much as you put in to it

There are a ton of things you can do if you put your mind to it. Some can be very rewarding (volunteering, there are a lot of folks and organizations that need help), others can just be fun i.e. things you enjoy (gardening, hiking, photography, fishing & hunting).

I retired at 51 but unfortunately I was not totally healthy as I had been involved in a vehicle accident. I am still not 100% but getting better. Staying in shape was initially a challenge, now I go to the gym just about every day. So that part is getting covered.

I have not read all of the responses but I have read enough to see some say they love retirement while others mentioned going back to work because they were bored. The awesome part of being financially secure to the point you can retire is that you can do either.

After retirement, I have used a lot of time to get closer to our Lord, Jesus Christ. A long time a go I choose a road that took me down the wrong path and I am thankfully working my way towards being spiritually right.

Congrats on making it to a point you can retire! Donít let other folks sway you in or out of retirement. Sit down think about what you want to do and get after it. Best of luck to you.
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 07:19 AM   #65
cva34
Ten Point

Hunt In: LOOKING

Retired at 60 I'm 77 now..Aint never run out of something to do..The best part is I get to pick and choose what and when..
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 10:56 AM   #66
Dmck
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas Panhandle

I fish on some days, go to the ranch which is only a 30 minute drive and fill feeders, pull camera cards, check the owners lodge. I bought a tractor so somedays I do some pond building, road work, or mow. We have a 3 acre pond that has been neglected so the owner has given me the go ahead to get it fixed up. My owner has me working on a solar project that takes up some of my time.
Of course I have some stuff my bride wants done.
We have traveled some and I want to do more.
Bucket list hunts and fishing trips starting this year.
And sometimes I grab a beer or a glass of Eagle Rare around 2:00 p.m. and a Cuesta Rey and watch my bird dogs lay in the shade.
Dmck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 10:58 AM   #67
tdwinklr
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

why retire? Just shoot yourself.
tdwinklr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 12:07 PM   #68
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by djc View Post
I've been working 50 plus hours a week since I was 17. I'm 62 now and thinking about retirement.
What do you do to fill your day?
most of the time; whatever I want.
If you want to keep working, then get paid for it.
hpdrifter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 02:33 PM   #69
bownutone
Eight Point

Hunt In: Public Land

I retired last September at 62 from a high stress job, sold most of my belongings and moved to Alaska October 15th just in time for a nice winter (it was cold). Joined a gym which I never made time for while working. Days are as full as you want them to be. I spend time in the garden, fishing, hunting, hiking etc... I am able to spend more time with my kids and 5 grandsons (we all moved). I do not miss the Texas heat. Current temperature is 64 here right now. I feel better than I have in years and do not ever think about work. It was the right choice for me.
bownutone is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 03:11 PM   #70
huntmaster
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Archer County

I search for the end of the internet
huntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 04:08 PM   #71
doug
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria

Best thing I ever did! Been 4 years and Im healthier, happier, and busier with good stuff than i've ever been. Life is good!
doug is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 04:13 PM   #72
LAW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Salado,Junction,Mullin

Quote:
I've been working 50 plus hours a week since I was 17. I'm 62 now and thinking about retirement.
What ever I want to do .
LAW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 04:22 PM   #73
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

With the way work has been I actually signed into my retirement yesterday to see what it looked like. I was also able to bridge some time from a previous employer and gained 19 month in 24 hours.

I will be eligible in 2025 and will be 45. If I stay an extra 5 years and retire at 50 I'll get a good raise on top of what I make now

Here's to "it will be here before you know it"

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 09:42 PM   #74
txjustin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fort Bend and Brazoria Counties

Interesting thread. Iím 40 years old and hope to retire from my corporate job in the next 3-5 years. I own several rental properties and plan on 10x my portfolio asap so I can ďretireĒ.

txjustin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 09:48 PM   #75
Huntindad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by bownutone View Post
I retired last September at 62 from a high stress job, sold most of my belongings and moved to Alaska October 15th just in time for a nice winter (it was cold). Joined a gym which I never made time for while working. Days are as full as you want them to be. I spend time in the garden, fishing, hunting, hiking etc... I am able to spend more time with my kids and 5 grandsons (we all moved). I do not miss the Texas heat. Current temperature is 64 here right now. I feel better than I have in years and do not ever think about work. It was the right choice for me.
Good for you.

Went to Alaska in 2016. Vrey nice adventure.
Huntindad is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 09:51 PM   #76
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise Co.

One of the many perks of retirement is not having a schedule. When I make an appointment for a doctors visit or anything else, it’s kinda nice to just say, “whatever’s convenient for you,” when they ask when’s a good time.
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2022, 10:11 PM   #77
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bownutone View Post
I think you have the best retirement story so far. You family moved with you. That is great.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 05:54 AM   #78
HeyMikey
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria County

I retired about 9 months ago, at the age of 62.
There are always honey-do's to take care of around our (paid-for) home, and I also golf 4 days a week with friends. That definitely doesn't suck. I can fish or hunt to fill out my calendar, as desired. So far, retirement has been everything that I hoped it would be. What day of the week is it, anyway??
HeyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 08:22 AM   #79
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat1 View Post
I retired at 62. Thirteen years ago.
You know how hard you worked on the weekends while you are working?
Well everyday is a weekend.
You will quickly find there is not enough hours in a day. Enjoy it at your won pace.
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 08:29 AM   #80
Mouse
Eight Point

Hunt In: Caddo/Big Lake/Datil NM

I spent 35 years as a teacher and coach in public schools, wife did 37 years. We retired to 88K acres in SW NM. We went from chasing kids to cows and love every minute of it. We were fortunate to have friends with large ranches that needed someone to help out. No neighbors and town is 50 miles. Retirement is awesome but I think everyone needs something to keep them busy.
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 08:39 AM   #81
Gumbo Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Between Onalaska and Groveton

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMikey View Post
I retired about 9 months ago, at the age of 62.
There are always honey-do's to take care of around our (paid-for) home, and I also golf 4 days a week with friends. That definitely doesn't suck. I can fish or hunt to fill out my calendar, as desired. So far, retirement has been everything that I hoped it would be. What day of the week is it, anyway??
Itís Thursday. And the fairways are calling your name.
Gumbo Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 09:48 AM   #82
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Polk/San Jacinto

My dad seems busier now than when he was working.
AgHntr10 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 10:19 AM   #83
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bell County, Limpopo South Africa

I will say this, before you reach the age to start drawing SS and sign up for Medicare, you better have your ducks in a row. It is not easy dealing with the Gov and all their deadlines and fines!
Mudslinger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 10:36 AM   #84
tpack
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo Man View Post
Itís Thursday. And the fairways are calling your name.
I retired 20 months ago and started playing golf again with my son and his 2 kids who are better than both of us. I found out yesterday that my favorite course gives seniors a 10 dollar discount on green fees during the week $$$$.
tpack is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 10:37 AM   #85
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

Quote:
I'll be working til I die most likely.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 03:46 PM   #86
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Not to hijack the thread, but I am very interested in this topic. I am 62, enjoy my job and know retirement is in the near future, but I have no plans for retirement. I really want to work as long as I can. I mean, I work 2 weeks a month, not a bad deal. But retirement does intrigue me. Either way Im gonna be working so may as well get paid for it. Im torn, really.
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 05:32 PM   #87
Cur_Dog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Llano, TX

I retired at 55. Was fortunate enough to to get retiree health coverage till 65. Only was I could do it. Rebuilt a cabin on Toledo Bend next to my 90 year old dad. Wife works 3 days a week, she likes the interaction. I fish 2 times a day most days. During hunting season a hunt most days and fish in the middle of the day. I’m almost 59 now and at 59.5 I start drawing 2 diff pensions and will start taking money out of some annuities. Wife and I travel some now but a lot more once I’m 59.5 years old. I had a very stressful job for a long time in oil exploration and drilling. Do not miss it at all. I have not been bored at all and would not change a thing about retiring at 55. I guess if you had a job you loved it would be different but life is to short to work until you are 62-65. Plan ahead, save money and enjoy life.
Cur_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 06:06 PM   #88
GARY
Administrator

Hunt In: Lavaca County & Alberta

Turn 57 and think about it everyday actually (sometimes multiple times a day). Target is 60-62 primarily dependent on:
1) The market - Past year has been pretty rough with the current regime. I pray things change and we return to some work normlacy that will calm the markets down.
2) My job - I am still being valued, having fun, being challenged. Currently don't love my role, but I have a great network and boss at moment. Others times, loved my role...but not my boss. Think this is better situation
3) Medical coverage gaps to 65. My employer doesn't offer a solution here, so we will be flying on our own from retirement to 65. This is why that even if 1 and 2 above are solid, I don't envision getting out any sooner.

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GARY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 09:57 PM   #89
HappyM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

I retired the first time at 55 and enjoyed it, started a small business , worked more at our ranch and got in much better shape. After 6 months got an offer I could not refuse and jumped back in. Loved it but was commuting to Wtx. Retired again a couple years ago and have not looked back. Have plenty of hobbies, helping my kids start their businesses, and enjoying it more this time because more of my friends have also retired. We have a large time doing stuff together. My wife has also semi~retired and we do a lot together again. Been fun. One really good thing at least as I look at it, is time has slowed down just a little. I was on a fast ride with my jobs and this is a much better pace for me now and I enjoy things even more. I feel very blessed.
HappyM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 10:05 PM   #90
lilavidhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Richland Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARY View Post
Turn 57 and think about it everyday actually (sometimes multiple times a day). Target is 60-62 primarily dependent on:
1) The market - Past year has been pretty rough with the current regime. I pray things change and we return to some work normlacy that will calm the markets down.
2) My job - I am still being valued, having fun, being challenged. Currently don't love my role, but I have a great network and boss at moment. Others times, loved my role...but not my boss. Think this is better situation
3) Medical coverage gaps to 65. My employer doesn't offer a solution here, so we will be flying on our own from retirement to 65. This is why that even if 1 and 2 above are solid, I don't envision getting out any sooner.
This is me to a T. Except I turn 59 next week.
lilavidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 10:12 PM   #91
Big pig
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brown Co.

Interesting comments
I was blessed to like my job.
And met lots of good friends doing it
But I worked to live, not the reverse.
If I could have made a living doing something I loved, retirement would have been a tough decision.
But office politics, commuting, big city rat race and crime made it easy for me to leave it all ASAP.

I can tell you hunting, golf, and fishing trips during the week are much better than weekends.
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2022, 10:50 PM   #92
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wilbarger

Starting year 40 this year. Never really went to work many days that I haven't enjoyed. I should hang on to my job as long as possible. Going to the golf course around 1, 5-6 days a week doesn't suck. But there are to many places me and the boss lady want to go see and things we want to do. I am planning on retiring in 2 years when my insurance kicks in free. When I do retire I will not be going to play golf!
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2022, 12:21 AM   #93
El Viejo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

I haven't read the responses, but I can tell you what I've learned after being retired for about ten years. You have to find something to do to keep you busy. I do a lot of little things, like do stuff with the grandkids (rock polishing, launch model rockets, fishing & other outside activities), the wife and I travel, we buy crap at thrift stores, etc. and I sell it on ebay. Learn tio play golf. Get more time in fishing. Buy some land to stay busy on. I also do little chores that any 50 year old house would require. Find something so that you're not sitting on your butt in front of the TV for hours on end. Most folks can't live long like that.
El Viejo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2022, 12:36 AM   #94
Still Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tex, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico

If you have the funds then quit work. Live life. Average life span for a male in US is 78. Go do trips, see family, enjoy grandkids, do your hobbies. Do something you have always wanted to do. Get out of this rat race! I am 62 and if I had the funds there would be a vacuum in my office like a black hole as fast as I would be getting out that door. If you are going to sit on your butt and do nothing, then stay working. Time never waits.
Still Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2022, 08:08 AM   #95
Radar
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARY View Post
Have you looked into the gap insurance prices? Just getting quotes and the yearly cost would be between 10-14k for an individual. Prices vary with coverage and deductibles, but a gold plan from Blue Cross is 1185.00 per month. A bronze plan is 800.00 but it sure seems worthless if you got bad sick.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2022, 08:55 AM   #96
Matt_C
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Financial advisor
I may need to hire you Shane, my 401K is diving faster than a kamikaze pilot on a ship.
Matt_C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2022, 09:27 AM   #97
keep
Pope & Young

I can retire in just over a year but not sure when I will, at a minimum it will be another 7 years. Iíve done a lot of stupid/ scary stuff over the years and retirement trumps them all. I fear retiring then just waiting around to die.
Alan and I talk about this all the time and each time we shift on when each of us thinks weíll go, although heís more consistent than I am.
I donít think it really comes into view until I have my ďthing to doĒ after I retire. At this point it looks like land and cattle but give me a week and that will change
keep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2022, 09:43 AM   #98
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wilbarger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_C View Post
I may need to hire you Shane, my 401K is diving faster than a kamikaze pilot on a ship.
He is our guy. We are diving too. Who isn't? Atleast we can visit about hunting when we're doin business.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #99
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_C View Post
I wish I could prevent down markets. That would be awesome!
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2022, 10:04 AM   #100
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
He is our guy. We are diving too. Who isn't? Atleast we can visit about hunting when we're doin business.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Yes sir. Cry on each other's shoulders and talk about how we can at least eat deer and hogs if we can't afford groceries.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top