No announcement yet.

Cooking trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the recipes above sound great......I take the trout fillets and feed them to the chickens, then get a package of crappie fillets out of the freezer and deep fry

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
      All the recipes above sound great......I take the trout fillets and feed them to the chickens, then get a package of crappie fillets out of the freezer and deep fry

Man, that's only have the circle... then you bait your crab traps with the chickens!!

Comment

ceviche

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          ceviche
          I agree!! One of the most under rated recipes. I enjoy ceviche on tortilla chips. I treat it like salsa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
            Leemo gets it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
              We normally do this with flounder but it works with trout as well

Lightly grease glass baking dish add filets to dish season with your choice of seasoning (I use old bay)
              Melt around a half stick of butter and combine with Panko bread crumbs and parmigiana cheese cover each filet with mixture. Place in oven and bake till fish is done and panko reaches desired golden brown color. Squeeze some fresh lemon over the top and serve with rice pilaf and steamed broccoli with cheese
              I do the same as above but instead of panko I crush up a package of Ritz crackers and mix in half as much parm cheese and coat.

Comment

This whole thread needs to be a Sticky in the Recipes forum!! LOTS of great recipes in this one... I want to try 'em all...
                Trouble is, it's just too easy to make the run to LeBlanc's and pig out on some groceries that are hard to beat and no mess afterwards!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Glen, do this trout your favorite way, then take her offshrore and get some Red Snapper... bring it back and fillet it, cube it up and boil it with light crab seasoning until it's firm and done... Tastes just like and has almost identical texture as lobster!! Thank me later!
                  Charlie, how light do you do the crab seasoning? Or do you just eyeball it?

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                    Charlie, how light do you do the crab seasoning? Or do you just eyeball it?

I just put in enough to give it a "little" flavor/bite... I'd estimate about 1/3 of what you'd do for a real crab boil or shrimp boil with respect to concentration... Also, like Glen's pic showed, cut it up into bite-sized cubes before dropping it in the boiling water.. Yes, bring the water to temp with a rolling boil before dropping it in... Leave in for 2-3 minutes and take it out... It'll be done/white throughout, but still firm like a lobster would be... Get you some drawn butter with just a hint of garlic and go to town!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      I just put in enough to give it a "little" flavor/bite... I'd estimate about 1/3 of what you'd do for a real crab boil or shrimp boil with respect to concentration... Also, like Glen's pic showed, cut it up into bite-sized cubes before dropping it in the boiling water.. Yes, bring the water to temp with a rolling boil before dropping it in... Leave in for 2-3 minutes and take it out... It'll be done/white throughout, but still firm like a lobster would be... Get you some drawn butter with just a hint of garlic and go to town!!
                      Sounds great thank you! Have you ever tried it with any other firm fish?

Comment

Not really other than "B-liners"... They're like a snapper tho...

Comment

Canned trout

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Anybody ever canned Trout like you would for Tuna?
                          When I was an apprentice (a looong time ago), my journeyman would can trout. They were excellent. His wife would make trout salad just like most folks make tuna salad. Remembering this makes me wish I had some right now !

Comment

My wife is not a big fan of eating fish. But I've never been able to catch enough for her when I smoke them on the "halfshell". Cook them skin side down. Not nearly as "fishy" as redfish. Very mild.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                              Sounds great thank you! Have you ever tried it with any other firm fish?
                              I've done the same thing with balled out kingfish. I'm sure not as good as snapper but it turns out pretty good to me.

Comment

Tagging along on this one...

Comment

Working...
                                X