Ammo for Concealed Carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo for Concealed Carry

Getting a Glock 43. What ammo do you like for concealed carry. Also, what holster do you recommend for concealed carry.

Just stick with Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST.

Holster is going to be pretty personal.

I carry Appendix in a Tenicor Certum 3. I've found this to be the best option for me. However, i've found really small/short pistols aren't the best for appendix carry. 365XL is about the smallest I can go and it still be comfy/effective.
    Last edited by Clay C; 12-10-2021, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Out of my xds 9mm I really like the federal HST micro 150gr bullets. But will also run the 124 gr hst as well both are fantastic bullets for concealed carry.

I typically will run the HST in any self defence firearm I own in any caliber they offer it in including my .380s.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't remember now what ammo I have in my 43 but I believe it is Sig Sauer HP.

As far as holsters, I really like my UBG holster that is outside the waist band. It was about $75 dollars and is really light and sits very close to your body.

Google UBG holsters. The owner is a veteran and he is based in Utah.

I can highly recommend him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like my 180gr HP's. They smash watermellons into Itty bitty pieces. Suppress real nice too.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any ammo geared towards self defense made by a well known manufacturer will work fine. For a holster, I really like my Crossbreed Reckoning.

Comment

For ammo Winchester rangers 147 +P .
              Carry in a crossbreed

Comment

I carry a 42 on occasion, I like the winchester home defense rounds in my 9mm.

Check out JM4 Tactical holsters for your 43. They are my favorite and very versatile.

ac

Comment

Federal HST 147gr
                  Phlster Skeleton (no claw) with a Discreet Carry Concepts HLR clip on a Magpul Tejas gun belt.

Having the correct combination of holster, belt clip & belt is the most important part of carrying a gun.
                  I've tried a million different holster/clip/belt styles, brands, options and these are the ones I always end back up at.

Comment

I use Hornady Critical defense in all my carry guns.

Comment

Carry Federal147s cuz thats what they issue us otherwise i would carry speer gold dot 124s. And i make holsters, so they are my favorite brand Generally a belt holster for me

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                        Out of my xds 9mm I really like the federal HST micro 150gr bullets. But will also run the 124 gr hst as well both are fantastic bullets for concealed carry.

I typically will run the HST in any self defence firearm I own in any caliber they offer it in including my .380s.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                        This^^^^^

I’m a big fan and trust the Federal HST 147 grain and 150 grain micro in 9mm

I carry the Federal HST 99 grain in my Glock 42 as well but I stagger the rounds with Hornady XTP’s.

Comment

Speer 124 +P or Federal HST 147. Two most proven and tested HP out there. The Hornady Critical duty has become popular in the LE world due to its barricade performance,.

Comment

Speer Gold Dot, 124 grn. reloads.

Comment

they all work ... just buy enough to have some to take to the range and make sure they function and cycle flawlessly in your specific firearm. i use colt solid copper bullets in mine as i don't want anyone to sue me over lead poisoning ... (yeah that's a joke)

Comment

Working...
                              X