Quietest Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quietest Option?

Looking for suggestions on the quietest option to dispatch hogs. I hunt with my buddy on his 100acre piece of property and want to be able to dispatch pigs without scaring away other critters that may be around. Since we primarily bow hunt my feeder is 20yds from the blind so I don’t need any long range caliber.

My first thought is one of those big bore suppressed air rifles so I don’t have to mess with the permits or perhaps a 22LR rifle shooting subsonic rounds? All shots on pigs will be to the dome.

What would you guys recommend for this situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh, a bow is probably your quietest option.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Uh, a bow is probably your quietest option.

Don’t wanna waste my arrows on them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly View Post
        Don’t wanna waste my arrows on them lol

Then suppressed .300 blackout subsonic bolt or singe action.

Comment

Yup.. Get a Ruger ranch in 300blk and shoot subs. Perfect for 20yard shots to the noggin

Comment

tannerite

Comment

Are you going to be able to shoot suppressed? If not find some cheaper arrows and BH...

Comment

On 100 acres shoot a pig within a sounder with loudest rifle you have. They'll scatter for a month or two and the other animals will come back within a few days.

Comment

Use a spear??

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would get one of those Aeroforce Texans, with a suppressor. I would think that would be your best choice, more so, if you are like me and don't want to deal with tax stamps for firearm suppressors.

Now you might wait and see how things go after next month with this new Made In Texas suppressor deal. So.e people say it won't change much of anything, others including me are hoping to be able to buy Texas made suppressors without a tax stamp or have give the Feds any money to own one or wait for their approval. If you are not in a hurry, you might wait and see how that deal plays out. If the Colorado pot heads can legally buy weed, we should be able to buy suppressors.

Comment

I have a couple crap arrows and bhs in my quiver for this exact reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        Then suppressed .300 blackout subsonic bolt or singe action.
                        This ^^^^^^ extreme quiet

Comment

Crossbow...

Comment

The impact of the bullet hitting the pig is gonna be louder than most suppressed supersonic rounds out of a bolt action. Pick your poison there.

Comment

Get some crap arrows and crappy broadheads and put in front of their back legs.

Comment

Working...
                              X