No announcement yet.

Chevy 6.0 reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mileage isn't going to be good, but the engines and trannys are solid in that truck. I'd expect 12/16 mpg or so

Comment

had 2 crew cabs 2 wd got 15-17 mpg no issues put 200,000 plus on them....great engines

Comment

I have a 2006 2500 HD Crew Cab 4x4 and my 6.0 averages around 13-14 on the hwy, 11-12 in town. Now take into consideration mine has a 411 rear end. I have over 160,000 mile on it and No Issues with the engine.

Comment

Had a 2007 Vortec Max 6.0, crew cab, z71. Great truck with lots of power. Added a program for improved MPGs and power. 15 city-18hwy. At 150k different sensors started giving out and the check engine light wouldn't go away. I ended up trading it in and got something newer because I couldn't figure out the problem.

The problem might have been the superchip program. Might have not. Too late now.

Comment

Thanks for all yall help, decided to pass, i need a 4wd

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
              Need a little more information on the truck, but if it’s a 4 door 4x4 I would say around 11-13 on the highway. I have a 2010 with 285 BFGs, and front and rear replacement bumpers. I get 9-10 in town and anywhere from 10-13 on the highway depending on how fast I’m driving. I did just have two new hubs put on the front, so will see if it improves any from the reduction in drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to add, I got mine with around 100K in the fall of 2016, and have around 129K today. It will have close to 150K by the fall. So far I have replaced a few wear items in that time, and a few other random things. None have been related to the engine or transmission.

Comment

Don't "expect" more than 15 mpg. Anything better is a plus. As far as engine, its solid

Comment

06 2500 4x4
                  It's a ****, that gets poor mileage. No major repairs yet 130k. To say I'm unimpressed with any part of the truck package would be an understatement

Comment

03 2500hd 4door 4wd here. She don't have many miles on it because I hardly drive it but it has been a darn good truck. Mileage is poor as stated, but mine has the 411 gears and upgraded tranny. Bought it new and I hope my next truck lasts as well as this one has.

Comment

Had an 02 2500HD 6.0 4x4 that had 200K on it when it sold. Awesome and extremely reliable truck that passed everything but a gas station!

Comment

Had a 2002 HD 1500 with 6.0 , best truck I ever owned !!!

Comment

I have a 2002 1500 Hd with 225000 its gone through 2 fuel pumps, one water pump, and one alternator. Engine still running good and as far as mileage I don't care its the price you pay for driving around on a big truck. I bought this truck in 02 so I think it ain't bad for 16 years of truck maintenance .

Comment

had about an 02 model 2500hd 4x4 with 6.0,,, weakest motor i ever owned, gas mileage was about like most other 11-12 on highway,,, sure was comfortable though and handled well... traded it on a new 07 dodge 1500 4x4 with a 4.7,,, up to 18 on the highway, not great but a site better, and would flat out run off and leave the 6.0 behind, even pulls better.....

other than the motor being wimpy and poor mileage i really did like that chevy truck, and i have never been a chevy fan

Comment

Sold mine with 183k hard hard miles
                              Went through a fuel pump, knock sensor, power steering pump and a pulley
                              Probably never got above 13mpg
                              But I kept my foot in it

Comment

I have an 04 4 door 4x4 with 194k on it. I have only had it for about a year and don’t drive it all that much. Haven’t really figured out the gas mileage I am getting. The gauge moves more than I would like. I’m guessing maybe 14 mpg but I don’t drive in much traffic at all.
                                A few years back I had 02 extended cab that was lifted some and was lucky to 12.

Comment

Working...
                                X