Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

build a home for less than $100 sq ft ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any contractors on here ? is it possible to build a very badic home for less than $100 ft ?

If you build it yourself! I built our 1500 SQ FT home 7 yrs ago for $30/Sq Ft. That was fully furnished. Took me 7-8 months. Only thing I contracted out was A/C and Tape/Texture.
    Attached Files

Comment

That is a beautiful place you have there

Comment

very nice . i dont have the skills or health to do so. i wishi did. if there is no contractor fee what savings would that be?

Comment

I just built my own house, acted as contractor, never done it before btw, and built it for 92 bucks a square foot. And that includes the price of the land. And it is far from basic, has every upgrade you can ask for.

Comment

know of one being built now for about 77 per foot not including land.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Chicken View Post
              very nice . i dont have the skills or health to do so. i wishi did. if there is no contractor fee what savings would that be?
              I'm not sure but probably a lot. We spent $42k after it was all said and done. House with land apraised for $110k when it was finished. More than that now. I know not having a house payment is nice! Materials have gone up since and I think to build a similar home nowadays would be around the $40-$45/Sq ft. I wouldn't see why you couldn't find a contractor to build one for under $100/sq ft. Maybe if you contract each individual step out yourself you could stay under that range.

Comment

land is paid for so just the house . the well and septic will not be included inthe build cost.

Comment

$70 is what i was looking for or less.

Comment

Two story.

Comment

Yes. The more you can do yourself the more you can save.
                      Last edited by RutnBuk; 09-23-2016, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Contracted mine out for about 69.50 not including land. Ours was a build/remodel. Was a 1950's house that we completely gutted and added into. 2800 sq ft. New ac, electric, foam insulation and lots of upgrades in granite/flooring.

Comment

You can spend $75-275 per foot. Depends on what you want. There are a lot of factors.

Comment

In the last few years I've built 4 high end duplex/town homes and 8 houses. Our houses cost $80/SF before lot. That includes tile throughout except bedrooms, tile showers, granite countertops, custom cabinets, fireplace, 9-10' ceilings with a 2 car garage. This cost includes the onsite aerobic, a sprinkler system, and hydro mulched yard with a nicely landscaped front flower bed. Concrete driveway.

This is MY cost. These houses on a half acre lot appraise for $115/SF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you can do it but you need to contract it yourself. Quite a few builders I have talked to over the last year or so (in a really hot market) want $95-110/ft to build a house with hardwood floors, granite, etc.

Going 2 story is cheaper than 1 story the same size due. Most builders charge around 10% fee for them to contract it. Just wait, Im sure there is a builder on this board that will jump in and say you cant build for anything close to that, you need $150-200/sqft

Comment

Working...
                              X