Lease electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
    Well, I would just have to be an *****. No pay, no power!
    First thought was to lock breaker box and give keys to those who pay. Also take down cleaning rack when I am not here.
    I can be a real jerk. Just ask my wife.

Comment

Like many have said, build it into the payment and split it equally between all guns. No way I would deal with "I only hunted November so here is $10."

Just make sure there is enough money to cover it.
      Last edited by TexasCanesFan; 11-03-2022, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
        First thought was to lock breaker box and give keys to those who pay. Also take down cleaning rack when I am not here.
        I can be a real jerk. Just ask my wife.
        No reason I would do all of that crap and create more work for myself, because grown men can't act grown.

Comment

I'd lease the whole thing and pick the other members myself. All problems solved. I assure you that you can fill the lease from this board alone with members that will pay.

Comment

I am lease manager. I pay bill all year long and then that cost gets split by number of members and is paid in next years dues. I am always a year behind in getting paid and I pay my equal part.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
              Estimate yearly electricity usage cost add to yearly lease fee. Everyone pays. Camper, camp house, no show. It doesn’t matter because it’s already allotted.
              I do this. When I first brought electricity in I had a guy that claimed he would never use because he stayed at his place 30 miles down the road and he didnt want to pay. But I knew as soon as he cleaned a deer under the lights, ate a meal prepared in a camper, or used water the clean up all powered by electricity I would hear about it from other guys.

Comment

We pay 300 a yr if u have a camper. I have no problem paying it to have power. I'm looking for a spot for next yr if yall have any openings.

Comment

We have an old camp house but a couple of guys do bring their campers. Manager of the lease lets us know at the end of the season what we owe (6 of us) and we split it equally. We all agreed it's ok to hunt each others stands so the feed bill is split equally also.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                    We pay 300 a yr if u have a camper. I have no problem paying it to have power. I'm looking for a spot for next yr if yall have any openings.
                    Soundsikw the problem may fix itself

Comment

Add it to the lease fee. Keep the nickel and diming out of it.

Comment

Like I said, electricity is separate from lease dues. I pay electricity and lease manager collects and pays lease dues. This year it has blown up. Four got off which has never happened at one time. All four of those had campers. The coworker I got on has a camper, but takes it home every trip. My camper along with two small buildings are the only thing up here currently. I take mine home after season.
                        Economy is terrible. Gas and diesel is expensive. Groceries are high. I suffer right along with the others. They have a valid point that their basically paying for a few other people to use electricity when they aren’t. But I have always compared it to a buffet restaurant. You pay a fee for the whole thing. You don’t get to pay by item you select. It’s ALL there for everyone, not my fault if you don’t sample a little of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                          Like I said, electricity is separate from lease dues. I pay electricity and lease manager collects and pays lease dues. This year it has blown up. Four got off which has never happened at one time. All four of those had campers. The coworker I got on has a camper, but takes it home every trip. My camper along with two small buildings are the only thing up here currently. I take mine home after season.
                          Economy is terrible. Gas and diesel is expensive. Groceries are high. I suffer right along with the others. They have a valid point that their basically paying for a few other people to use electricity when they aren’t. But I have always compared it to a buffet restaurant. You pay a fee for the whole thing. You don’t get to pay by item you select. It’s ALL there for everyone, not my fault if you don’t sample a little of everything.
                          My first and foremost a-hole comment to your lease mates is if $20/month is a problem you don't need to be on a lease. Second one would be if I have to argue with someone over $20, I'm not hunting with them. If someone on our lease buys corn, other supplies, or in this case paid a bill we get a group text with the zelle amount needed. Easy peasy. I don't have to deal with it personally, because I would cut you out friends or family, but man money (even small amounts) makes groups of grown men be ignorant.

Comment

Only 2 of us on the lease with 2 campers. We each pay $100 in September to cover the electrical expense for the year. The land owner uses the meter for a auto fill water trough for his cows, so we are not paying the bill directly. No complaints from us or the land owner.

Comment

I have 11 guys on my lease. We have some guys with normal sized campers, some guys that share a place, and some guys with larger trailers. we also have a large walk-in cooler, a big ice freezer, Electric winches and lights at the cleaning rack and a big lighted pavilion. I just split it up 11 ways.

everyone puts in money twice a year for all feed and expenses, and I pay the bills. I keep a balance spreadsheet with receipts for expenses, and when the money runs out, we have a cash call to put more in the bank. With the way feed and other costs are changing so fast, I'm not even going to try and estimate it.

everyone seems to like it that way rather than asking for money every single time a bill or expense is due.

our electric bill has gotten insane though. 3-4 years ago it was $200 a month, now it's about $500 a month. thanks Biden!
                              Last edited by kyle1974; 11-04-2022, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Lock the breaker box. Pay to play or get a lantern.

Comment

Working...
                                X