Recommendation for thumb release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by booger presley View Post
    Really wanting something to help with target panic but also wanting to have one all around release for hunting is the reason I was looking at the carter wise choice

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I had the exact same issue as you. I went to the Nock On Silverback (tension release). The reason being, I can use it as a tension release (to rid myself of the target panic) while practicing. When I go hunting, I swap out the heavy spring for a much lighter spring. That way, when I let off the safety, the bow fires. And I have no idea when it's going to fire.

The heavy and lighter springs come with it thankfully, as it's an expensive release. But I have not developed target panic since I switched.

Obviously, it worked for me, so it must work for anyone, right?! I hope this helps you decide, all the thumb releases suggested are great though, you really can't go wrong.

Comment

For me the Carter Plain 1 is the first thumb release I've used and it made me better. I had several others but just couldn't make them work. This one does though.

Comment

I love the nock 2 it because of the 2 finger!

Comment

I’m thinking about selling my carter chocolate lite 4 finger if your interested
          Attached Files

Comment

Another vote for Carter Wise Choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
              Scott Sigma with an oversized barrel.

Second on this one love mine.

Comment

If you have TP and haven’t addressed it with a tension release, u may want to start there before the thumb trigger. If you are “ready” for the thumb release, the Carter wise choice and Nock2it, are excellent picks!

Comment

B3 Omega is my favorite, especially the brass

Comment

Carter chocolate

Comment

Just bought the Nock2It...so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by IbeHuntn View Post
                        Stan Perfex, long has a catch so it’ll stay on the D loop. You can go thumb button or back tension

+1

Comment

Originally posted by booger presley View Post
                          Really wanting something to help with target panic but also wanting to have one all around release for hunting is the reason I was looking at the carter wise choice

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I started with a nock2it, but it’s not really great for helping with TP as a trainer by itself. I can still punch it when I want and it’s always a bad shot for execution as well as accuracy when I do punch.

You can address TP with some deliberate practice in blank baling for a few weeks to relearn on a nock2it, Stan, or similar. It just takes a bit to commit to the process and work through the issues. It’s a great time of year to work on it if you’re only goal is hunting in the fall. Still plenty of time.

Comment

T.R.U. Ball Max Pro Plus

Comment

I love the Carter Wise Choice!

Comment

I’ve been looking at the TRU Ball Max Hunter+ pretty hard. Anybody have experience with one?

Comment

Working...
                                X