Hydro-Turf for boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydro-Turf for boats

Has anybody used Hydro-turf in their boat???
    I've got an 20' alum that I'm thinking about doing the front deck and part of the floor

I have done a few boats of mine. Best thing for it in my opinion. I use Black Tip Turf though, cheaper and comes with 3m backing.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
      Has anybody used Hydro-turf in their boat???
      I've got an 20' alum that I'm thinking about doing the front deck and part of the floor
      Did it in my brothers aluminum boat, easy to install, soft and cool on the feet, and dampens the sound big time. No negatives in my view.

Comment

Following. I have some on my pro-drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look up safe floor. I feel it is superior to hydro turf.

Comment

I put it in my little jon boat. Its 3 years old with no signs of wear but I also keep it covered. Mine came with 3M backing.

Id have to agree safe floor is probably better but you'll have to take the boat to them, wait, go get etc. Hydo turf or sea deck can be done on your own time while drinking beer.
            Id would also assume safe floor would add more weight

Comment

I liked it when I first put it on. It's easy to install with the 3M backing and looks great. I had a problem about a year later when the material started to break down. I don't know if it was from baking under the boat cover, or the exposure to the sun, but it was a mess. I think the darker colors are more prone to UV degradation.

Comment

I put it in a boat and it was fine. Safe floor is a superior product but a heck of a lot more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My son put it on his duck boat and loves it. Don't spill gas on it though. The adhesive will come loose. Learning experience for him. Don't leave your gas can in the boat while driving.

Comment

I have it in my mud boat and Bay boat. Buy the good stuff and it will last years.

Comment

Got a roll in my garage waiting for me to finish building my removable drop in deck.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Safe floor weighs more and on smaller boats it can slow you down some and increase your draft. It is indeed a better product IMO but just be aware there are some issues that come with it. Hydro-turf is a good product and has been around a long time. It will peel and crack if you spill gas on it and dont clean it up right away, the same and the foot pads on jet skis do under the gas cap areas on the foot rest.

Comment

I heard cat's love it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

have it in my mud boat recommend it

Comment

I've had it in my boat for about 11 years now. It's been phenomenal. My only complaint is that is traps fine dust really bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X