Trolling Motor Batteries???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trolling Motor Batteries???

I thought there was a thread about this, but am not finding what I am looking for.

I need new batteries for my trolling motor. MinnKota Terrova 110lb 36V

I am a recreational angler so I prefer to not pay $200+ for each battery (like optima).

My research has indicated that many “deep cycle” marine batteries are not true deep cycle...can anyone recommend a good deep cycle battery for me? Thank in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the one's from Sam's 1 year old still doing great

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the Interstate batteries Academy sells and they last about three to four years. Don't run them all the way down and charge them as soon as you use them. They'll last longer.

Comment

I read through the thread I think you were talking about. I think there were a lot of people recommending Duracell deep cycle batteries from Sams club.

I have used Interstate batteries from the interstate store for many years but they don’t last like they used to...I am done with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
          I read through the thread I think you were talking about. I think there were a lot of people recommending Duracell deep cycle batteries from Sams club.

I have used Interstate batteries from the interstate store for many years but they don’t last like they used to...I am done with them.

Gotcha, I will check out the Duracell options.

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
          I use the Interstate batteries Academy sells and they last about three to four years. Don't run them all the way down and charge them as soon as you use them. They'll last longer.

I currently have these batteries...considering them again but checking Duracell.

Question on charging and storing...since I don’t use my boat daily or weekly, should I...

...Get home, charge batteries to full charge then put the boat up and top off the batteries just before I use it again?

Or

...get home, charge the batteries up to full charge, put the boat up and leave a solar trickle charger on them?

Never worried too much about my batteries, but now that the **** boat I run has 5, I’ll start paying more attention!

Comment

I charge them when I get home and put a trickle charger on the hem if it sits.

Comment

Get a good onboard charger. When you get home plug it in and leave it plugged in until the next time you use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                Get a good onboard charger. When you get home plug it in and leave it plugged in until the next time you use it.

Got an onboard charger on it now...Trouble is that I park it at the back of my lot about 130ft from power source. It will be a while before I have power back there.

Do you recommend a solar trickle charger in place of the shore power to maintain? Or is that a bad idea?

Comment

Sorry, I can't help you there. I'm sure it can be done but I just have not done it.

Comment

Sorry, I can't help you there. I'm sure it can be done but I just have not done it.

Roger that. Thank ya sir!

Comment

Walmart in Marble Falls had some on sale for 79.00.

Comment

Lithium if you got the cash.

Comment

Glen I have a stealth battery charger which I am very pleased with going on 6 years. I've heard pro and cons about leaving them plugged in. And I guess my biggest fear of leaving them is fire. Not saying what you do doesn't work because I did it for years. I don't fish for a living like you so your in a different situation. Thanks for all your input on boat stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Glen I have a stealth battery charger which I am very pleased with going on 6 years. I've heard pro and cons about leaving them plugged in. And I guess my biggest fear of leaving them is fire. Not saying what you do doesn't work because I did it for years. I don't fish for a living like you so your in a different situation. Thanks for all your input on boat stuff.

This.

Im this way.

I have a 3 bank minn kota and plug it in for a few days and unplug. As I said in the other thread, I have ran all the big names. My boat currently sits with wal mart batteries. I had one replaced for free a month ago that was a year old. With or without an on-board I get about 2 years out of them no matter what I spend

Comment

The Sam’s or Batteries plus bulbs Duracell have a great reputation.
                              They are a Penn Battery which is the same parent company as Odyssey which has a great following.

Optima, Interstate, and Walmart batteries are all made by Johnson Controls. AGM vs Lead Acid will change price but many consider a step down.

You said you are recreational but not sure if you travel much, if you are anywhere except your home like the ability to swap out a battery at any Walmart seems like it may be worth going that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X