Trucking/Freight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trucking/Freight

Our business runs on materials being shipped to us that we resale. Since the shut down of the pipeline our rates have more than tripled and now we cant even get trucks to pick up our material. Anyone have any ideas, other than the obvious, buy our own trucks? This material is usually come from Arkansas or Oklahoma.

I have been having to answer the phones at work lately which is new to me, but we get constant calls from Logistics companies trying to get trucks on the road and carry our shipments. I can send you some of the logistics companies names if you would like.

Comment

What are you shipping? From where to where specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by TexanTiger View Post
        Our business runs on materials being shipped to us that we resale. Since the shut down of the pipeline our rates have more than tripled and now we cant even get trucks to pick up our material. Anyone have any ideas, other than the obvious, buy our own trucks? This material is usually come from Arkansas or Oklahoma.
        PM Sent

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
          What are you shipping? From where to where specifically?

Stone from Clarksville and Lamar Arkansas, Poteau and Wister Oklahoma to Conroe.

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
            I have been having to answer the phones at work lately which is new to me, but we get constant calls from Logistics companies trying to get trucks on the road and carry our shipments. I can send you some of the logistics companies names if you would like.
            I have 5 different brokers working on my loads, but hey one more couldn't hurt

Comment

call freight pros in Austin , this is who we use daily by far the best rates we have found
              ask for ashley Phillips ,tell her joseph jones with knighten industries told you to call them.

Comment

Your best bet is to find a guy/guys local (up there) and try to build a relationship....overpay him, and pay him COD. It's a process, and there are fewer and fewer up there.

I've used brokers before, but it usually wound up costing double or so the normal rate.

I buy stone from those same quarries, so I aint giving up names. But I have the advantage of being closer, so they can get here and back home in a day.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TexanTiger View Post
                  I have 5 different brokers working on my loads, but hey one more couldn't hurt
                  It seems to me that the brokers are all looking at the same board on the net.

Comment

i think you've got too many brokers working on it. Carriers see that and move on to the next load because they don't want to mess with haggling with different brokers.

Comment

What pipeline are you referring to?

Comment

Working...
                      X