Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric blackout - Is it all over Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric blackout - Is it all over Texas?

I wanted a different thread so as to not derail the other.

Austin and all areas I know of (Leander, San Saba etc) Are having blackouts. A
    As far as I know Austin doesn't use wind turbine power at all. And why is every single area having blackouts?

Does this mean every time the temp gets under 25 degrees we will have blackouts from now on all across the State?

Why didn't we have blackouts a few weeks back when it snowed a foot deep in San Saba? Just 10 degrees colder and they can't keep up with demand? If that's the only excuse that should scare the crap out of everyone.

Harris co. Montgomery. Fort bend, none do8ng to well either. Im powered by san benard in waller co and they have managed to do pretty good so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Liberty county no power since 5am.
      3.5 million customers in Texas with no power!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Grayson county, North of DFW. Been having blackouts since 1:30AM. Not really rolling either. The electric stays off more than it does on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't have TV really here. Not that I'd believe what the news was saying.. But what are they saying?

What do you guys think is really going on?

Comment

I'm in New Braunfels and have had power the whole time......I'm going to be pizzzed if it goes out after I say this haha

Comment

News said 3.5 million customers in Texas have no power. Power plants took a dump not a rolling blackout situation. Plants shut down and they trying to get them back up and running. It doesn’t look good for a lot of people including me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Things that make you go Hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  I don't have TV really here. Not that I'd believe what the news was saying.. But what are they saying?

What do you guys think is really going on?

I think we had absolutely terrible planning and preparation our energy sources for this. It wasn’t only wind that went down. It’s all type of thermal generators too.

Comment

My part of pasadena has been out since 7 this morning. Been running off the generator since, said probably wont be till tomorrow some time before its back on

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                      I think we had absolutely terrible planning and preparation our energy sources for this. It wasn’t only wind that went down. It’s all type of thermal generators too.

Isn't Austin and surrounding all hydro? What's their excuse as lakes are full?

Not sure where Hamilton electric gets power.

When I heard DFW area has issues it made sense because they could have overly relied on all the wind turbines. But all these other areas I don't get.

Comment

PowerOutage.us tracks, records, and aggregates power outages across the United States.

Comment

Mine has been going off and on since 10 pm last night. Off a few hours then back on for 30 to 45 min then off a few more hours. Same cycle all night and morning. Even when it's on tho it goes off every few min for 1 sec then back on. Hard to get anything done in that few minutes. Took me 20 min to finally get a cup of coffee made.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have been out in the Magnolia area since about 5 am this morning

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Isn't Austin and surrounding all hydro? What's their excuse as lakes are full?

Not sure where Hamilton electric gets power.

When I heard DFW area has issues it made sense because they could have overly relied on all the wind turbines. But all these other areas I don't get.

It’s all done as one entity. Power isn’t separated from Austin and DFW. It’s a statewide grid. The guy from ERCOT said they had multiple forms of power production go down. Our capacity is 74,000mw. By time everything went down was accounted for, we are operating on 44,000mw. So, they lost close to half the grid to, unknown reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X