*reward* adult caregiver job opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*reward* adult caregiver job opportunity

*Updated* ADULT SITTER NEEDED. My mother-in-law lives in a separate suite at our home in Porter, TX. She's suffered from dementia for a few years and needs care during the day. She's very lucid right now and tries to do for herself, but the dementia has atrophied her optic nerve and she's nearly blind. It's just not safe for her to be on her own, all day. We have a crazy active life with active kids, businesses to run and lots going on. We're in a unique situation, where we are neighbors with my wife's sister and her husband and we're all here to care for and support her, we just need some help so that our lives can return to some normalcy and someone that is called to do this kind of work will have a job with a nice local family.

Hours would be typically 2pm-10pm M-Sat. Sometimes there may be the need for an overnight stay (your own room) or longer hours. There will also be additional days off for R&R and coordination with morning caregiver when needed to cover for one another. Companionship, light cleaning, light cooking, watching Dr. Phil and The Voice, dispensing of meds, keeping up with the remote and constant attention to the thermostat will keep your days full and cheery. Pay is $15/hr, but may be otherwise negotiated with the right candidate.

The perfect applicant would be a good hearted, caring, responsible woman that has a heart for serving others and cares for people. Prior experience in home healthcare is a big plus. Must speak clear English. Must be able to pass a background check, a pre-employment drug screening, and have a good driving record. We will only hire the perfect person for the job and will expect that person to remain perfect for the job.

Those that shouldn't bother applying include anyone with a criminal record, mean people, thieves, idiot liberals, members of the Michael Jackson Fan Club, heroin addicts, people that flex in the mirror at the gym, anyone that actually believes that Epstein killed himself, racists, PETA supporters, NY Yankee fans, dog haters, anyone that doesn't love Gus from Lonesome Dove, motor mouths, gossips and anyone that thinks that Lebron is better than Jordan.

Please apply by email to curt@joslintexas.com and in the subject line, please type "Adult Sitter Needed". Tell us about yourself, provide a resume if you have one, provide contact number and best time to reach you.

Thanks and God Bless,

Curt and Jennifer Joslin

$500 REWARD for any TBHer that recommends someone that makes it through a 90day probationary period.

As always, prayers are appreciated too.

**** I was rolling good until you said woman.......

Heroin would have wiped me out later though..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      **** I was rolling good until you said woman.......

Heroin would have wiped me out later though..

Yeah, I probably should have added..."NO SMOKING OF HEROIN ON MY PROPERTY WHILE ATTENDING TO MY MOTHER-IN-LAWS DAILY NEEDS" I failed to tell the last caregiver that, and our breakdown in communication cost her to lose her job. W the actual F?!?!?!?!?

Comment

you may be able to file with medicaid for an assistant to come help. My grandma is in similar situation with dementia and requires 24/7 in home care. After a year we finally got an assistant to come during the day and now even at night during the week. Trouble is finding care workers...few and far between in her area.

Comment

Good luck. Wish I knew someone to send your way.

Comment

Those that shouldn't bother applying include anyone with a criminal record, mean people, thieves, idiot liberals, members of the Michael Jackson Fan Club, heroin addicts, people that flex in the mirror at the gym, anyone that actually believes that Epstein killed himself, racists, PETA supporters, NY Yankee fans, dog haters, anyone that doesn't love Gus from Lonesome Dove, motor mouths, gossips and anyone that thinks that Lebron is better than Jordan.

Thinned the herd out!!
            Last edited by Bro. Bill; 02-13-2021, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Wish I knew somebody or a way to help! My dad is also suffering from dementia. Heartbreaking disease!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Yeah, I probably should have added..."NO SMOKING OF HEROIN ON MY PROPERTY WHILE ATTENDING TO MY MOTHER-IN-LAWS DAILY NEEDS" I failed to tell the last caregiver that, and our breakdown in communication cost her to lose her job. W the actual F?!?!?!?!?
                Only your self to blame there. I mean if you don't put the rule out there clearly how can you blame the heroin user?

Comment

We found an awesome lady too take care of my Mother in law through the local Visiting Angels franchise. She worked the schedule you have for several weeks and then I approached her about working for us directly and full time. Not exactly ethical, but it is what it is when your in the situation your in. She lived with my Mother in law for 4+ years and took care of her 24/7 until her passing. She was truly an angel and we were blessed for finding her. Good luck in your search.

Comment

prayers sent for you and your family. Hope you find a suitable caregiver.

Comment

Heroin at work!!! Where does she thinks she is at, Oregon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                        We found an awesome lady too take care of my Mother in law through the local Visiting Angels franchise. She worked the schedule you have for several weeks and then I approached her about working for us directly and full time. Not exactly ethical, but it is what it is when your in the situation your in. She lived with my Mother in law for 4+ years and took care of her 24/7 until her passing. She was truly an angel and we were blessed for finding her. Good luck in your search.
                        Thanks!! I just had a great conversation with our local Visiting Angels franchise, based on your comments. Hopefully we're able to find someone as good as you found.

Comment

Praying you find the right person

Comment

Good luck with that. Deal with it on a daily basis with my FIL. Wouldn’t wish that on anybody!!

Comment

Working...
                            X