Jalepeno popper idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jalepeno popper idea?

Gonna make some poppers this Sunday for Daytona Day. Instead of just filling the peppers with cream cheese and wrapping in bacon, how about using pimento cheese for the filling? What do y'all think?

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    Gonna make some poppers this Sunday for Daytona Day. Instead of just filling the peppers with cream cheese and wrapping in bacon, how about using pimento cheese for the filling? What do y'all think?

We made them with tenderized deer meat, smaller portion of cream cheese, and added some muenster cheese. I think the cream cheese overpowered anything else we did, but i like where this is going. We plan on experimenting a little more as well and cook poppers once, if not twice a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve seen my cousin make breakfast sausage in a pan. Drain the fat and juice then mix it with the cream cheese and use a cake icier to squeeze the mix in the jalapeño. Then wrap with bacon. Instead of cutting the jalapeño in half cut the tip off where the stem is and carve out the seeds. I like this style better.

Comment

I'm trying to keep them simple. I was just looking for something a little different and thought of this.

Comment

Jalepeno popper idea?

Cut peppers in half
          You can mix seasoning into cream cheese, Tonys, Rotisserie etc
          Put cream cheese in pepper
          Lay a sliced piece of chicken tenderloin on top
          Season chicken with season of choice
          Wrap with one slice of bacon(not thick cut)
          Put in oven on 350° for 1 hour

I usually put a cookie cooling rack in my pan so the peppers do not sit in the grease

Like this

Last edited by Jaybo31; 02-10-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Sounds good. We mix cooked breakfast sausage with the cream cheese stuff them and wrap with bacon. Grill or smoke.

Comment

I'm a huge pimento cheese fan. Go for it and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Kinda similar to what STX_Shooter mentioned above, we started taking 1lb of cooked chorizo and mixing it with 1 block of cream cheese. Cut jalapeno in half, fill with mix then wrap with 1/2 strip of bacon. Takes about 15-20 good sized jalapeno's halved to use all the mix up, but they are awesome. We've been making them at least once a month and have even used the sweet mini bell peppers and they are great oo. Have been sticking them on the smoker instead of fighting the flame ups from the grill and they seem to turn out better for me.

Comment

Give it a try.... Let us know how they turn out.

Comment

-Chili powder in the cream cheese is good
                    -portion of meat besides bacon is great
                    -anything other than plain jalapeño, cream cheese, and bacon is really good to mix into that combination

I made about 6 dozen with goose hearts for Christmas with the whole family. Did this knowing most wouldn’t eat goose hearts and wanted to see how it went not telling them. They were all gone and I don’t have any leftovers for myself.

Comment

I've made them with smoked gouda cheese and they turned out pretty tasty.

Comment

Make them like you like them then dip them in the batter of your choice and deep fry !

Comment

I love me some home made pimento cheese. So I'm thinking you shred cheddar, pepper jack, add a touch of mayo and garlic, then chop up the canned chipotle peppers and make a mixture out of that to put inside the pepper. And Im hungry again.

Comment

I make them with Cream Cheese Chive & Onion and mix with Monterey Cheese & Cheddar Cheese. Wrap in bacon and after they are ready to come off, cover them with your favorite BBQ sauce (Baby Ray's) is mine.

Comment

I like the pimento cheese idea, give it a try and let us know how they come out,,,with pics please.
                              Occasionally when making them traditional w cream cheese, we throw some crab meat on top before wrapping them in bacon & they always come out fantastic

Comment

Working...
                              X