No announcement yet.

Trolling Motor Batteries???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I replaced 3 Deka trolling motor batteries with the Duracell's from Sams. So far I've been pleased with them. They have held up to a solid day of fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      David with Shut up and Fish sells 12v 100amh Gulls for $589. I might get one just for electronics.
      David installed one of these on a single bank charger when he rigged up Livescope. I'm normally only on the water for a few hours at a time but I have not noticed any voltage drop. I can't remember how many charge cycles but it was something like 10,000. I may go this route on my trolling motor when its time to replace them.

Comment

Thanks guys,

Actually ended up hollering at a MinnKota and talked to a real good fella about batteries for my unit.

He actually just recommend the Walmart battery in 27 size group. Best bang for the buck, ease of purchase and replacement and high amp hours.

Prolly will go with that. $70 a pop hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How about this option?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm late to the party, but wanted to chime in that I've been pretty happy with Ducacell batteries now. I bought my current boat used and it had Interstate trolling motor batteries, one of them had a bad cell and the label on the battery was only 2.5 years old. This boat has an onboard charger and it's always plugged in. I replaced both with Duracell. I also use the 6v Duracell batteries running a DC system at the fish camp and they've been solid, they're 5 years old and get baked in the sun daily and still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
              How about this option?

Get the Gulls from David and Shut up and Fish for $400 less! Only person I know that bought those from BPS took em back after missing a few trips with problems.

Comment

Uhh....ya....regular folk ain't paying $600 for a trolling motor battery much less $1k!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                  I use the Interstate batteries Academy sells and they last about three to four years. Don't run them all the way down and charge them as soon as you use them. They'll last longer.
                  Me too.
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    David with Shut up and Fish sells 12v 100amh Gulls for $589. I might get one just for electronics.
                    Now that's not to bad.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would pay the money for the optima, keep them on a battery tender and enjoy for years to come!

Comment

Get the pure deep cycle and not the deep cycle and starting battery combined. Straight deep cycle batteries last longer on a trolling motor. I like to run them completely down a few times a year and then charge them back up. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          What was the price on them. I would like to own them but I can't justify the cost yet. You can buy 1 battery to replace 3 I believe. Good luck

$1400 for 3 batteries for 36 volt
                          advantage of 3 over 1 36 volt is if on goes bad you can throw a cheapo 12 volt in and keeping going until u get a replacement. also i have mine on anderson 50 amp quick connects so i can use them on 2 other boats with 24 volt systems. each battery only weighs 15 lbs so they are easy to move.
                          i average buying 3 to 4 batteries a yr so i'm hoping for much longer life on these

Comment

I picked mine up at Mallerd Marine in Nacogdoches. Good guy to deal with.
                            Note; batteries connect with your phone thru bluetooth app and gives you percent charge, how long to charge to 100%, number of cycles, cell health ,temp ...etc

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
                              I picked mine up at Mallerd Marine in Nacogdoches. Good guy to deal with.
                              Note; batteries connect with your phone thru bluetooth app and gives you percent charge, how long to charge to 100%, number of cycles, cell health ,temp ...etc
                              Thanks for the reply. They are surety coming down. And the technology with blue tooth is crazy. And it makes sense about buying 3 separate batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                                Ag...I use solar panels to trickle charge batteries and it works well. Some cheap solar panels from Amazon that come with clamps and 12v adapter. Some of my machines have a phantom draw. As long as I identify the problem children (which coincidentally is often my children flipping switches or leaving keys on) and ensure disconnect...my interstates do well to hold a charge when not in use. I know all the guys at the Georgetown Interstate...I got to heckle the FNG yesterday. The Interstate Manager highly suggests keeping batteries on a tender to maintain full charge at all times.

My cousin just left with his camper. He was running two 6v electric golf cart batteries in series and a 12v deepcycle with a switch between. Apparently alot of dry campers use golf cart batteries because they will go very low in voltage and still work due to the lead plates being thicker than deepcycle batteries. However the golf cart batteries dont have the cranking power.

Im not sold on AGMs..and have had problems. My motorcycle mech said that alot bikers and offroaders are finding that the impacts during riding are causing the glass mats to break apart and the batteries dont last as desired. Boats take alot of impact.

Not sure if any of that helps but...good luck.

I’m interested in a solar charger option due to not having power in my barn . Do you have a 3 separate leads from the solar Panel? Do you remember which kit you got ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X