No announcement yet.

Storing Ratchet Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I roll them up and use some electrical tape to wrap around. No zipties, I'm not trying to bust them or cut them off. Tape works great and you can tape the tails when traveling.

Comment

I throw them in the tool box unwrapped and tangled up until I need them again.

Comment

Roll them up and lay them flat.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
          I roll them up and use some electrical tape to wrap around. No zipties, I'm not trying to bust them or cut them off. Tape works great and you can tape the tails when traveling.
          Most people carry a pocket knife...

Comment

Roll them up and use heavy duty rubber bands from Amazon to hold them together.

Comment

I have bags the size of shot bags, that I store my ropes, straps, bungee cords. One bag for each type.

Comment

I have a jumbled mess usually. When loading up, and someone is watching, I usually mutter, "This is why you don't let someone borrow your straps" to save face. :-)

Actually, that's how I used to roll. Now I have a fairly heavy duty craftsman tub with chains and boomers on the bottom and straps rolled up on top. Works great.

Comment

I use old golf shoe bags! Roll them up, put them in bag and under seat of truck.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                    I throw them in the tool box unwrapped and tangled up until I need them again.
                    That is my method. I keep them in a milk crate. When you pull them out you pull them ALL out. That way you are sure to get matching straps and ratchets at the same time and don't have to go hunting for them. They are all in the ball... somewhere. It's like a little puzzle for you to solve to untangle enough straps and ratchet ends to tie your stuff down. Plus you get the bonus of figuring out how that one hook got through that milk crate and hooked around in another hole because it will sure appear there is no physical way it could go through that hole in the bottom of the crate much less around and back through the other one. But it did. And one will every time.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                      I roll them up and use some electrical tape to wrap around. No zip-ties, I'm not trying to bust them or cut them off. Tape works great and you can tape the tails when traveling.

This is what I do. Except I use duktape. Everbody keeps a roll of duktape handy. And everbody has R-straps and duktape. Use one on the other.

For my extras that aren't in my truck, I do the same and hang-em by the hooks on one of my shelves in my garage. Rest are rolled up and taped. And put in a "Till-I-need-it" box of some kind. I've got all kinds of ratchet straps of different ratings and lengths. I can look at the color and know what I'll be pulling out untangled.

Comment

Coil up the tag end. Leave a short length before the ratchet.

Pull a loop from the middle and wrap it around the coil. Cinch up.

Done.

Last edited by Creedmore; 04-11-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post
                          Coil up the tag end. Leave a shot length before the ratchet.

Pull a loop from the middle and wrap it around the coil. Cinch up.

Done.

Yeah guys it isnt difficult, get your stuff together!!!

I had all mine in a box with chain, tow straps, then a layer of rachet straps on top. Everything fit perfect. Then i acquired too many. So there is always a few tangled up ratchet straps lurking under the back seat.

Comment

Pull the long end to where there is more length on the hook sides, then wrap it al around the ratchet portion. When you get to the end, use the hook to slide it on a wrap. No ties necessary.

Comment

Lots of good ideas here

Comment

Man this ain't rocket surgery.

Buy several bottles of Crown Royal, multiples of all sizes from 200ml (pocket or boot size) to the giant 3L party size. Drink all the Crown Royal. Use empty Crown Royal bags for storing your bungee cords, ratchet straps, etc. Save the 3L bags for tow straps. You're gonna need one to get out of the ditch after drinking all that Crown.

Comment

Working...
                                X