I missed the Nugent auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed the Nugent auction

I went to work and forgot about the auction. There were multiple handguns and a few rifles I had been watching up till a couple days ago. Most of them the prices looked like the people who knew what those guns are, had not found them. Well after seeing what those guns sold for today, it's obvious the people who knew what some of those guns were worth, found them. Was not going to snag anything for quite a bit less than it was worth at that auction.

That dang engraved Browning Hi Power, I was shocked at the price it went for and the prices on quite a few other items. Some of the handguns went for prices at least double multiple more like triple what they would normally go for.

I think I could have afforded some of the guitar picks, but not a lot more than that. I had intensions of grabbing the Contender in 375 JDJ, if it did not get stupid. It went for more than I would have liked to pay, but I might have paid that number, for that particular gun. $800 would have been a lot nicer price for that gun. Some of the S&W and D&W 44s went for some crazy prices. Naturally the Python went for crazy money. The Freedom Arms Casull, that I knew would take off when the bidding started, did sell for a lot more than I have ever heard of one going for.

I guess it was a good thing I forgot about the auction today, there was obviously a lot of money there today. Sure would have been nice to get that 375 JDJ Contender, oh well.

Early bids are usually tire kickers, the last bid is the only one that counts.....

Comment

Some crazy money for guitars and guns

Comment

Those selling prices don’t surprise me one bit. All firearms are bringing crazy numbers right now, compounded with the owner being a famous celebrity. Fans will pay stupid money to own personal items from their heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
          Some crazy money for guitars and guns
          Yea, I saw some crazy prices on some guitars also, but I don't know anything about guitars, so I don't know pricing on them. But I saw prices on some, that were many times, way beyond anything I would ever consider paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            Those selling prices don’t surprise me one bit. All firearms are bringing crazy numbers right now, compounded with the owner being a famous celebrity. Fans will pay stupid money to own personal items from their heroes.
            Yep. The fact that I know Ted has used some of those guns and bows, I would be willing to pay more for for some of them. I do remember seeing articles and seeing some hunting shows, where he used some of the guns I saw listed in that auction. The ones I know have documented history of him hunting with them, I would definitely pay more for them. There are many in there, that he most likely bought and just added to the collection, maybe popped off a few rounds, then never touched them again.

He did have some very rare guns in the collection, that even if they had never been touched by him, to collectors, who know those guns, they would pay a lot for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Early bids are usually tire kickers, the last bid is the only one that counts.....
              Yep, pretty much the bottom line.

Comment

Working...
              X