Arrow/broadhead combination ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow/broadhead combination ?

488 grain total arrow weight. 125 grain point combined with a 100 grain collar.

With a good single bevel cut on contact head, anyone see anything wrong with this setup for deer and hogs?

Arrow is flying an estimated 170 FPS but will confirm

If it flies straight, the head is razor sharp and you put it where it needs to go, it should do the job.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If that arrow is well tuned, and you can put it in the correct place, you will have lots of LDPs in your future!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What they said

Comment

Thanks for the help. I was hoping the 488 grain overall weight was a bit light, but sounds like it’s good to go. Micro diameter that seems to penetrate well.

Hopefully I’ll have some kill pics soon

Comment

Good skillin 85. Id love to go micro diameter for the more focused momentum. I look forward to your LDPs.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                Thanks for the help. I was hoping the 488 grain overall weight was a bit light, but sounds like it’s good to go. Micro diameter that seems to penetrate well.

Hopefully I’ll have some kill pics soon
                I know some really focus on heavy arrows, higher FOC, and it works. It will really shine on bigger bodied beasts. But for whitetail and pigs I've had great penetration (read passthru) staying in the 9 to 10.5 grains per pound range and I shot an inch and half wide two blade COC head.

Comment

should work fine if put in right place. no shoulder blades. good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X