Here goes nothing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here goes nothing...

First time to put together my arrows and tune them. Got a mini arrow saw being delivered later today. Got a new Montana that I can't wait to hunt with.

Be sure to fletch the correct end ! You don’t want that arrow doing a u turn halfway to the target……..

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      Be sure to fletch the correct end ! You don’t want that arrow doing a u turn halfway to the target……..
      Obviously you've seen my handiwork before!

Comment

I don't know if I got the wrong Fletcher but I think it's right. It says it's for carbon arrows right helical. And I've got right wing feathers. But the slots in the arms look perfectly straight and the feathers keep popping out before I can close the arms up. I'll keep jacking with it.

Got one done and my cock feather is a hair lower than the other two but I can live with that.

I'll probably lose it anywaykeep

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          I don't know if I got the wrong Fletcher but I think it's right. It says it's for carbon arrows right helical. And I've got right wing feathers. But the slots in the arms look perfectly straight and the feathers keep popping out before I can close the arms up. I'll keep jacking with it.

Got one done and my cock feather is a hair lower than the other two but I can live with that.

I'll probably lose it anywaykeep
          So to reiterate you are saying you are ok with your short cock feather...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            So to reiterate you are saying you are ok with your short cock feather...
            It took me 51 years to come to grips with it. [emoji23]

Comment

Had some issues trying to keep the feathers set as I closed the jig but luckily the tape is forgiving. Put a drop of glue on the end of each front and back.

Now for the tuning.

Comment

Comment

Pretty good looking arrows Bobby, you may have a retirement gig in your future.

Comment

You may have done it this way but if not try it next time. Instead of pushing up the bottom and twisting to close it put each feather in and apply glue and fold each arm up and put the collar on the end then push and twist the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
                      You may have done it this way but if not try it next time. Instead of pushing up the bottom and twisting to close it put each feather in and apply glue and fold each arm up and put the collar on the end then push and twist the bottom.
                      Sounds good...real good. Will do. I'm using fletching tape but that still sounds easier

Comment

Nice job on the arrows, they are looking good. I like those colors, orange and yellow are my favorites to see flying down range. How are they flying out of your bow?

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                          Nice job on the arrows, they are looking good. I like those colors, orange and yellow are my favorites to see flying down range. How are they flying out of your bow?
                          Thanks! Looks like the spines a little weak. I'm going to shorten them up a little bit at a time until I can get them flying better.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Thanks! Looks like the spines a little weak. I'm going to shorten them up a little bit at a time until I can get them flying better.
                            Great, be patient with this, take it slow. You are getting real close to the best length, so just sneak up on it, good luck.

Comment

Did you keep a couple bare to tune with?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X