Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-20-2021, 07:28 AM   #51
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

I saw a drilling rig for the first time in two years running here in Wise County.
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2021, 07:38 AM   #52
SHSU18
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brady, Tx

Anyone on here involved in the decision making of Horizontal Multistage Pumps? HPS pumps?
SHSU18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2021, 07:39 AM   #53
dosrobles
Six Point

Hunt In: Bertram

It always kills me when I hear people in this state talking about how excited they are at gasoline under $2.00/gallon. Gas in the $2.50-$3.00/gallon range is fair for everyone and good for the state of Texas.

If people want lower gas prices we should increase our capacity to refine, create jobs, and let other people pay US to process their oil.

We have had mineral property in Upton country since the 1920’s (obviously I wasn’t the original owner).

No better people in the world the folks in the patch.
dosrobles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2021, 08:13 AM   #54
TexasLongball
Ten Point

Hunt In: New Ulm and Pearsall

Trust me, the libs want $100+ oil and they'll get it. That puts another strain on most of America's household budgets a little more and means that renewables now look more attractive.
TexasLongball is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2021, 08:43 AM   #55
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLongball View Post
Trust me, the libs want $100+ oil and they'll get it. That puts another strain on most of America's household budgets a little more and means that renewables now look more attractive.
This is why I think it will get forced up. Electric vehicles and renewables look amazing when gas is over $4
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2021, 10:05 AM   #56
breederbuck33
Ten Point

From a supplier's perspective (Pipe, Valves, Fittings) it is as slow as I have experienced in my career. I've only been doing this for 5ish years, but regardless even when I first started it wasn't this bad. I'd be glad to work a quote for anybody right now. I'm digging through old sales reports, and reaching out to people I haven't talked to in 2 years. I've never had to reach out to anyone to have plenty quotes to work on.
breederbuck33 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2021, 10:28 AM   #57
John Paul
Ten Point

Hunt In: Blackhill, McCoy, Encinal

Keystone Pipeline = Gone
New Permits to Frack or Drill on Federal Lands = Gone. (that's over 90% of all northern US lands being drilled)
US Stockpiles of Crude = Gone in short order
US extends the old practice of importing the majority of oil needs
OPEC adjust pricing continuously to get said price over 75-80$ barrel,
US Shale drillers had learned to make $50-$55 oil profitable in the bad times, private land drilling and fracking has a major resurgence. 14-18 months on the far side. JMO
I am an optimist.
John Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2021, 10:01 AM   #58
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can.

Any of you gents been hearing anything in the backgrounds after last couple days shenanigans in the white house?
westtexducks is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2021, 10:34 AM   #59
John Paul
Ten Point

Well here is a little info. IADC New Administration Report.

We all new these things were going to happen, but its for the Realz now....
Attached Images
File Type: pdf IADC 2021 Policy Outlook - Biden Admin Week 1.pdf (172.7 KB, 113 views)
Old 01-22-2021, 12:00 PM   #60
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Paul View Post
Keystone Pipeline = Gone
New Permits to Frack or Drill on Federal Lands = Gone. (that's over 90% of all northern US lands being drilled)
US Stockpiles of Crude = Gone in short order
US extends the old practice of importing the majority of oil needs
OPEC adjust pricing continuously to get said price over 75-80$ barrel,
US Shale drillers had learned to make $50-$55 oil profitable in the bad times, private land drilling and fracking has a major resurgence. 14-18 months on the far side. JMO
I am an optimist.
There are still current permits though. I donít know how long they will take to drill up but ďrumorĒ I have heard us EOG alone still has over 2500 Permian permits in place with a majority in New Mexico where this would affect new permits. In my head that is still a couple years of drilling on federal land there
Old 01-22-2021, 12:06 PM   #61
BarW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tyler, Polk, Angelina counties, Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
There are still current permits though. I donít know how long they will take to drill up but ďrumorĒ I have heard us EOG alone still has over 2500 Permian permits in place with a majority in New Mexico where this would affect new permits. In my head that is still a couple years of drilling on federal land there
Drilling was wide open during obama in New Mexico, drilled on both state and BLM land.
May be some kind of loop hole back then to keep that area open not sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
BarW is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2021, 12:56 PM   #62
John Paul
Ten Point

In the report posted above in section 1 suspends all leases, amendments to leases, new leases and all permits on federal lands. And much more, hopefully there is a loophole for awhile for the sake of jobs.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #63
tmstuk
Eight Point

Hunt In: Milam County

I'm glad 2020 is behind us. Let's hope 2021 is better.
tmstuk is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2021, 02:43 PM   #64
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Hogg

Quote:
In the report posted above in section 1 suspends all leases, amendments to leases, new leases and all permits on federal lands. And much more, hopefully there is a loophole for awhile for the sake of jobs.
Yep, this is way different than when Osama was in office. We were not so energy independent then. The only one I see benefitting from this is OPEC.
Muddy Bud is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2021, 03:36 PM   #65
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria & Re„l county

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
Halliburton, Exxon Mobil, and find a sleeper small company with tons of capital or leases poised and ready to go. All companies should currently be raising capital.
It is an absolute capital desert right now for O&G. Private capital is extremely constrained due to LPs pushing ESG investments and debt markets are focusing on credit risk like never before. Even WC/revolvers are being cut for otherwise healthy companies. Trade finance banks are pulling out in large swaths. Soc Gen left all of Singapore trade finance and has dropped several large private trading outfits in other geographic areas. Project finance is also tepid right now and hyper-focused on credit. I am afraid the winds of ESG have really taken over capital markets for the short term and traditional O&G investments will have to be made more slowly by disciplined operators purely off cash flow and minimal leverage. I don't have any problem with good ESG investments but right now it looks more like an investment committee mandate which is not healthy. All of this usually means consolidation which I am starting to see so hopefully that will boost production and get things moving in the right direction.
Wall_Hanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2021, 03:57 PM   #66
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Sounds like a few arenít worried about it

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/big-u...134847721.html
Old 01-22-2021, 04:07 PM   #67
Hardware
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Western US & Argentina

Got to make oil high to justify their Green New Deal!!!
Hardware is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2021, 04:18 PM   #68
Fishcat91
Eight Point

Hunt In: Secret Spot

I believe 2022 will be the oil boom we are looking for. Grounds should start rumbling around September 2021 and take off from there..... I hope.
Fishcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2021, 04:43 PM   #69
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma (there's no deer there)

Quote:
Sounds like a few arenít worried about it

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/big-u...134847721.html
Good article. TFS. Nothing is really ever cut and dry.
bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2021, 06:50 PM   #70
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......

I have a bad feeling you boys working stateside will have to look overseas to stay in the oilfield. This administration has more to gain by dealing overseas than at home. Hope I am wrong, but the writing is on the wall.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2021, 07:19 PM   #71
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
I have a bad feeling you boys working stateside will have to look overseas to stay in the oilfield. This administration has more to gain by dealing overseas than at home. Hope I am wrong, but the writing is on the wall.
Good news for Texas is very small % of it is federal. We did a lot of work last few years with the Eagleford running slow
Old 01-22-2021, 07:28 PM   #72
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

Quote:
Good news for Texas is very small % of it is federal. We did a lot of work last few years with the Eagleford running slow
Letís hope the Eagleford can get back to work. Plenty out there now but hoping for a major rush soon.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2021, 08:39 PM   #73
rut-ro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla

I too see them pushing oil over 100 dollars to justify the green deal. People gonna start complaining about 4 dollar gas by next summer.
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2021, 12:24 AM   #74
bigchiefj
Eight Point

As a consumer I want low prices.

What hurts us all is the government screwing up things. I wish we could just allow the market to do it's thing.
bigchiefj is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2021, 01:22 AM   #75
CaprockRoamer
Six Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can get permission

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosrobles View Post
It always kills me when I hear people in this state talking about how excited they are at gasoline under $2.00/gallon. Gas in the $2.50-$3.00/gallon range is fair for everyone and good for the state of Texas.

If people want lower gas prices we should increase our capacity to refine, create jobs, and let other people pay US to process their oil.

We have had mineral property in Upton country since the 1920ís (obviously I wasnít the original owner).

No better people in the world the folks in the patch.
Please help me understand your logic here. For some of the people I know (disabled veterans that I served in the military with and the elderly whom depend primarily on social security,) that are not able to increase their monthly incomes due to physical inability. How is it fair for them? Iíve personally seen several forced to make the decision of, filling the tank so they can travel to a loved ones event/live a life that does not place an extra burden on those loved ones vs pay the bills on time or keep the pantry full or buy the ridiculously expensive prescription they need.

Please understand, Iím not necessarily advocating for keeping prices low on my behalf, Iím totally capable and willing to find a way to supplement my monthly income, but again, for those that are unable to increase their income. When they have nobody but themselves and a fixed income, and inflation of everything surpasses that fixed income, what is their recourse? How is it fair for them? What are they supposed to do?
Sincerely curious, not trying to ďpick a fight.Ē
CaprockRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2021, 06:18 AM   #76
LivinADream
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Winnie, Piqua KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
Please help me understand your logic here. For some of the people I know (disabled veterans that I served in the military with and the elderly whom depend primarily on social security,) that are not able to increase their monthly incomes due to physical inability. How is it fair for them? Iíve personally seen several forced to make the decision of, filling the tank so they can travel to a loved ones event/live a life that does not place an extra burden on those loved ones vs pay the bills on time or keep the pantry full or buy the ridiculously expensive prescription they need.

Please understand, Iím not necessarily advocating for keeping prices low on my behalf, Iím totally capable and willing to find a way to supplement my monthly income, but again, for those that are unable to increase their income. When they have nobody but themselves and a fixed income, and inflation of everything surpasses that fixed income, what is their recourse? How is it fair for them? What are they supposed to do?

Sincerely curious, not trying to ďpick a fight.Ē
Short answer. You can't make everyone happy. At the prices stated, Texas and it's people as a whole are doing better.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
LivinADream is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2021, 10:20 AM   #77
CaprockRoamer
Six Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can get permission

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinADream View Post
Short answer. You can't make everyone happy. At the prices stated, Texas and it's people as a whole are doing better.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
Ah, so those that paved the way for many of us Texans are just F.U.C.T. then? As long as those that spend frivolously in order to keep up with the Jonesís are happy, who cares?
Again, Iím genuinely curious. Iím also guilty of keeping up with the JonesĎs. I simply donít understand how itís better for everyone when there are so many that struggle when it does reach those prices. That being said, I struggle with understanding how a $15 minimum wage is going to benefit us as well. I know thatís not the same thing, and itís getting off topic, but I donít see it being great for everybody either.
CaprockRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2021, 12:28 PM   #78
BarW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tyler, Polk, Angelina counties, Colorado

Quote:
Ah, so those that paved the way for many of us Texans are just F.U.C.T. then? As long as those that spend frivolously in order to keep up with the Jonesís are happy, who cares?

Again, Iím genuinely curious. Iím also guilty of keeping up with the JonesĎs. I simply donít understand how itís better for everyone when there are so many that struggle when it does reach those prices. That being said, I struggle with understanding how a $15 minimum wage is going to benefit us as well. I know thatís not the same thing, and itís getting off topic, but I donít see it being great for everybody either.
Its callous, but the good of the many out weighs the good of the one or the few.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
BarW is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2021, 01:15 PM   #79
LlanoHunter10
Eight Point

Hunt In: Llano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Its already started with my company. I work offshore oil/gas and we are currently at the next oil HOTSPOT. Guyana and Suriname. Trinidad is doing great with all these rigs and supply vessels coming in to service the offshore oil and gas industry in those nations. Only thing is, our contract time on the vessel has more than doubled. Used to to 28 days on...now they say 60 days MINUMUM, with no guarantee of when we can get off. This amount of uncertainty is what is making it easier to find another job. Marine Super said we can crew change SOMETIME in March...Maybe.
LlanoHunter10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2021, 04:30 PM   #80
Sharecropper
Ten Point

Hunt In: Backyard

Louisiana sunrise . .
Sharecropper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2021, 08:10 PM   #81
merlin
Ten Point

Drill baby, drill!
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2021, 01:23 PM   #82
Sharecropper
Ten Point

What is this bs about bidens exe order banning oil leases? . . Even on private property . .
Old 01-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #83
Txfshrmn
Four Point

Hunt In: Young County...
Default ???

By chance are you around the Kermit, Texas area?

Quote:
Yeah, gonna get real very soon. Been hearing of most all service crews and exploration side started moving everything out of the North due to Biden restrictions on public lands. Being Texas is mostly private, its fixing to get busy. Feel bad for everybody up north, Eagleford is on track to loose another 10% first half of this year just due to wells maturing. Demand will come back and we will not be in the position to plug the hole due to lack of inventory to keep up with demand, I see $100+ easily in the future.
Txfshrmn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2021, 02:19 PM   #84
BlackoutRam2500
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
What is this bs about bidens exe order banning oil leases? . . Even on private property . .
He doesn't have that power... no president does.

All this is fear mongering needs to stop. Population will be over 9 billion in the next 25 years world-wide. That means 40% energy increase needed to meet the demands of every human. That cannot/will not happen by banning any form of energy. Ask Elon Musk who just pushed his chips in on natural gas.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
BlackoutRam2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2021, 02:51 PM   #85
Sharecropper
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
He doesn't have that power... no president does.

All this is fear mongering needs to stop. Population will be over 9 billion in the next 25 years world-wide. That means 40% energy increase needed to meet the demands of every human. That cannot/will not happen by banning any form of energy. Ask Elon Musk who just pushed his chips in on natural gas.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Exactly the response I hoped for . . Thanks
Old 01-26-2021, 03:27 PM   #86
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hebbronville

Quote:
people supposedly struggle to pay $2.50 a gallon for gas, but often have the latest iphone in their pocket.

it's all about priorities.
kyle1974 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top