No announcement yet.

AR-15 Build??? What caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoy the Grendel. I was pretty excited about 22 Nosler when it was coming out but I don't thing the balistics are that much better than 223 to justify the cost of the upper and more expensive ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
      I love my Grendel but finding ammo is a challenge. I have enough but would more so I could target shoot more.

Have you considered a 300 blackout? If so I have a new unused upper that we could would out trade values on and swap.

And yes if you see Grendel ammo in academy pick up your 3 boxes. You can always help a tbh brother out and resale to us.

I wish I would have built a Grendel and stocked up back when Wolf Steel for it was dirt cheap and available. Regrets

Comment

grendel. and im guessing if ammo ever comes back you will see the Grendel back on the shelf before a lot of other calibers.

Comment

The Grendel is the most capable hunting round available in the AR15 platform, that’s just the fact of the matter at this point. I don’t believe a legitimate case can be made to the contrary.

I built one for my son, and it impresses me every time the trigger is pulled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A few years back I switched to a 6.5 grendel upper and I love it. The 556 upper sat in the closet along with the ammo I had for it. I recently ordered a cheap lower for it and now I use it as a SHTF gun or truck gun.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
              I love my Grendel but finding ammo is a challenge. I have enough but would more so I could target shoot more.

Have you considered a 300 blackout? If so I have a new unused upper that we could would out trade values on and swap.

And yes if you see Grendel ammo in academy pick up your 3 boxes. You can always help a tbh brother out and resale to us.
              Yessir I have but I I’m just not a fan of the 300BO round. I agree I should’ve just bought the ammo when I saw it last week. I feel like an idiot for walking away from it.

Comment

6.5 Grendel gets my vote.

Comment

6.5 Grendel and 6.8 spc get my vote. Great deer and pig rounds and can still reach out a ways.

350 sounds cool to me but limits range a lot I think but for a close range killer it’ll work well to.

Comment

I'm getting after hogs with a .458 SOCOM.... It's been fun. It's like throwing sledge hammers at them.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        Hahah nice.

Comment

That should say man bun

Another vote for the Grendel

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Grendel.
                            Hundreds of hogs they rarely go more than few steps.
                            Couple deer.
                            Great AR-15 round.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you're just considering that list of cartridges, 6.5 Grendel for sure. Outside of that 6.8 SPC and .300 Blackout deserve some consideration as well.

Comment

I have just finished building both a 6.5 grendel and .300 Ham'r. Both are great rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X